Do you love wolves?

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

crimsonreaper
Citizen

Do you love wolves?

#1 Post by crimsonreaper »

Okay here you say if you love wolves or like them, additionally this is going to be a little game you do not have to participate in the game to post a comment but it must be on topic (for example we can have conversations about wolves and post pics on them provided said discussion is not a piece of information (out of turn) that you are giving that has not been posted (this does not include things that everybody knows about wolves)).

THE RULES:
1: you post one piece of information about wolves that has not been posted on this topic.
2: you may not post a comment about information on wolves unless there has been information posted by three other people.
3: as the thread host my rule is i have to wait for 5 other information posts before i can post again.
4: i will update my original post when a new piece of information has been posted with a quote of said info.
5: all information posts must be posted as such {"info"}

NOTE: i am talking about normal wolves not keidran ones.

{Wolf cubs after a certain age become nearly impossible to have as pets in the same way as dogs, as certain instincts kick in at that time, that period is when they reach the age around adulthood.}

EDIT: seems as though nobody here cares especially for wolves :( oh well...
Yakamaru wrote:I find wolves to be very fascinating creatures. They are a predators, but people always seem to enjoy killing them whenever they lose a cow, sheep or whatever. To be honest, I find this kind of action unacceptable and morally retarded. They are not after your animals to ruin you. They go after easy-to-hunt animals so that they themselves can survive, nothing more, nothing less. The lack of respect for nature is something us humans do all the time. Nature might return the favor some day. And if it does, it is not going to be pretty.

Anyways. Wolves. \o/ *highfive*
Talonmaster Zso wrote:Occasionally a lone wolf is stronger, but generally such wolves come to die on their own or survive off of a diet of carrion. Wolves are pack animals and as such prefer to hunt in groups to take down larger prey (such as large ungulates), a task generally impossible when on their own. This often leads to hunting down small game (such as hares or, to return to Yakamura's point, easy prey including things like tiny domesticated dogs) or scavenging from another pack / predator's kills until they can find a similarly lone female.
That is true but a lone wolf will also occasionally try to join another pack, especially if they find another wolf in that pack that they find might be a hopeful mate. Of course in these cases it usually results in a fight with the alpha but it still does happen.
LuckyMudman wrote:My cousin used to heal and breed wolves and release them into the wilderness, so I actually grew up not being afraid of wolves or any other canninae for that matter. And of course, wolf cubs are just too cute. Seeing a Melanistic wolf is awesome, but sadly rare. (Melanism is the opposite af albinisim, as in that the entire fur is coloured black.)
crimsonreaper wrote:wolves are often highly evasive of humans and yet wolves have had a bad name with us for over 500 years, additionally they are similar to us in some ways such as in small groups they are like a family and care for each other greatly, they also have a hierarchy.

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Do you love wolves?

#2 Post by Ranalf »

I don't care for wolves. Packs of them killed my horse in skyrim and I vowed to trap all their souls in my petty soul gems to feed my Dawnbreaker and bows. Cubs are cute though, can't doubt that.
Delicious.
Cool story.

Ikearat
Traveler

#3 Post by Ikearat »

My carefully crafted post was removed.
Forgive me if I offended anyone or stepped on some rule or something.
I would like to receive feedback on why my post was removed so I may learn from my mistake and become a better forum member.

Thank you,

Ikearat

Yakamaru
Templar Master

#4 Post by Yakamaru »

I find wolves to be very fascinating creatures. They are a predators, but people always seem to enjoy killing them whenever they lose a cow, sheep or whatever. To be honest, I find this kind of action unacceptable and morally retarded. They are not after your animals to ruin you. They go after easy-to-hunt animals so that they themselves can survive, nothing more, nothing less. The lack of respect for nature is something us humans do all the time. Nature might return the favor some day. And if it does, it is not going to be pretty.

Anyways. Wolves. \o/ *highfive*
There exist 10 different types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Mr-Masculine
Citizen

#5 Post by Mr-Masculine »

They're like cool brothers, only if you screw with them they'll screw you up allot more.

Talonmaster Zso
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by Talonmaster Zso »

Occasionally a lone wolf is stronger, but generally such wolves come to die on their own or survive off of a diet of carrion. Wolves are pack animals and as such prefer to hunt in groups to take down larger prey (such as large ungulates), a task generally impossible when on their own. This often leads to hunting down small game (such as hares or, to return to Yakamura's point, easy prey including things like tiny domesticated dogs) or scavenging from another pack / predator's kills until they can find a similarly lone female.
Yakamaru wrote: The lack of respect for nature is something us humans do all the time. Nature might return the favor some day. And if it does, it is not going to be pretty.
But... nature has returned the favor. Many times already. Look at stoats in the UK, Zebra Mussels in the Great Lakes, Snakeheads in the Chesapeake, Toads and Hares in Australia, snakes in Hawaii, etcetera. Nature's already returned the favor of not respecting nature, several times no less, and has oddly been making these pre-emptive attacks since before our arrival.
Human (n): Susceptible to or representative of the sympathies and frailties of human nature.

Loud & Proud Humanist. Malignant to Misanthropes.

Yakamaru
Templar Master

#7 Post by Yakamaru »

Talonmaster Zso wrote: Yakamaru's

There, corrected. :P

Ontopic: Wolves are awesome. Enough said. :kathrin:
There exist 10 different types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#8 Post by LuckyMudman »

My cousin used to heal and breed wolves and release them into the wilderness, so I actually grew up not being afraid of wolves or any other canninae for that matter. And of course, wolf cubs are just too cute. Seeing a Melanistic wolf is awesome, but sadly rare. (Melanism is the opposite af albinisim, as in that the entire fur is coloured black.)
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

MeaCulpa, S.C.M.
The Last Gunslinger

#9 Post by MeaCulpa, S.C.M. »

Wolf pelts can fetch $120 on Alaskan fur markets.

...What are you looking at?
VERY, GOOD