WTF?

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Razmoudah
Merchant

Re: WTF?

#2116 Post by Razmoudah »

I have to second SperoWolf on this one. Hell, although in the short term the legalization will have people using it more in a few years when the novelty of being able to legally use a previously illegal drug wears off its usage may actually drop to lower than what it was before being legalized. I can flat out say that you're forgetting to take into account the Allure of the Forbidden, even if something that isn't forbidden is both more effective and safer. Also, there will always be a few nut jobs who will get off on doing something that is dangerous, and the closer to the edge they can push it and live the better they feel, so don't expect it to ever go completely away.
Hmmm......about what I expected when almost half of the questions I'd want to select a few of the answers not a specific one.

ImageImageImageImage

midnightblink
Council Member

#2117 Post by midnightblink »

SperoWolf wrote:Marijuana ≠ Children doing other drugs less
To be fair, there's no way to know the age of the people doing it, so it could of been children, or it could have been full grown adults
Razmoudah wrote:I can flat out say that you're forgetting to take into account the Allure of the Forbidden, even if something that isn't forbidden is both more effective and safer. Also, there will always be a few nut jobs who will get off on doing something that is dangerous, and the closer to the edge they can push it and live the better they feel, so don't expect it to ever go completely away.
True, I just personally don't understand the appeal of breaking the law. I can honestly say that even the few times I have broken the law, I have neither done it specifically to break the law nor do I feel I gained anything because I was breaking the law
Primum Non Nocere

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#2118 Post by nsamok6620 »

SperoWolf wrote:
midnightblink wrote: To be fair, there's no way to know the age of the people doing it, so it could of been children, or it could have been full grown adults
I'm aware; I was saying that in regards to the maturity showcased by using illicit substances. But we digress
Being young does seem more likely since I'm assuming the Mary Jane has an age requirement, where as i dont beleive there is one for CO2. It could also be a question of cost. I haven't bought CO2 cartridges since highschool when I still played airsoft, and I have no idea how much the ganja costs, but I would imagine more than a few CO2 cartridges.

Either way I didn't even know people still did whippets. Like damn, there are so many other ways to get [censored] up, and you choose to just deprive your brain of oxygen?
Check out secretstageproductions.com
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
___━━____━━|:::::: ^━━━^
___━━____━━|::::::|=◕w◕=|
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

midnightblink
Council Member

#2119 Post by midnightblink »

nsamok6620 wrote:Either way I didn't even know people still did whippets. Like damn, there are so many other ways to get [censored] up, and you choose to just deprive your brain of oxygen?
Exactly my point xD

Also, going back to the "allure of the forbidden", it's more "forbidden" for kids to do weed than for kids to do whippits, because whippits technically aren't illegal (the smoking age is 21 here)
Primum Non Nocere

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#2120 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Apparently people in my town can't read. As some of you may know, I work at my local Walmart. I was bringing carts back into the building. At the stalls people place carts in, there are 2 sides, one is blocked from one side, and the other side is blocked on the other side
Spoiler!
__
| | |
| |_|
Anyways, on the side of the block that you're not supposed to put carts in, it says "Please place carts in open stall.

Not 1, not 2, but 4 carts were place right in font of these gates with that message.

Not an actual rant because it doesn't hinder my ability to work, and it's WTF because people can't read, but really people, learn to read.

Razmoudah
Merchant

#2121 Post by Razmoudah »

Who said they paused long enough in the process of parking their carts to read anything? I've occasionally had the chance to see these people at work, and usually they don't even slow down enough to give a driver going past the cart corral a chance to get past without hitting them, so I'm quite confident in saying that the lead cart was left by someone who didn't read it, rather than couldn't read it. As for the other carts, probably left by people pushing them towards the nearest cart, without thinking about whether or not they'd be in the way.
Hmmm......about what I expected when almost half of the questions I'd want to select a few of the answers not a specific one.

ImageImageImageImage

midnightblink
Council Member

#2122 Post by midnightblink »

Razmoudah wrote:Who said they paused long enough in the process of parking their carts to read anything? I've occasionally had the chance to see these people at work, and usually they don't even slow down enough to give a driver going past the cart corral a chance to get past without hitting them, so I'm quite confident in saying that the lead cart was left by someone who didn't read it, rather than couldn't read it. As for the other carts, probably left by people pushing them towards the nearest cart, without thinking about whether or not they'd be in the way.
It's sad how true this is (;_;)
Primum Non Nocere

midnightblink
Council Member

#2124 Post by midnightblink »

Primum Non Nocere

Warrl
Grand Templar

#2125 Post by Warrl »

DarkTheImmortal wrote:Apparently people in my town can't read. As some of you may know, I work at my local Walmart. I was bringing carts back into the building. At the stalls people place carts in, there are 2 sides, one is blocked from one side, and the other side is blocked on the other side
Spoiler!
__
| | |
| |_|
Anyways, on the side of the block that you're not supposed to put carts in, it says "Please place carts in open stall.

Not 1, not 2, but 4 carts were place right in font of these gates with that message.

Not an actual rant because it doesn't hinder my ability to work, and it's WTF because people can't read, but really people, learn to read.
I've seen worse - like the cart stall that was half full of carts and the remainder occupied by a new-looking Mustang convertible.

(I was going to gather up all the carts parked at random locations in the parking lot and very carefully use them to park in the Mustang - but I saw a store employee coming out to collect carts.)

Razmoudah
Merchant

#2126 Post by Razmoudah »

Are you sure the store employee wouldn't have been willing to 'overlook' a few carts to let you do that anyhow? Yeah, that's the person who'd have to move them later, but sometimes a little extra work is worth the frustration of a worthless person like that.

ImageImageImageImage

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#2127 Post by Dadrobit »

I just shared a couple Century Eggs with my brother.

For those that do not know what a Century Egg is, basically you take an egg and cure it for 6 months before eating it.

It wasn't nearly as bad as I had figured it would be, but it was by no means good. It was akin to eating a bad tasting hard boiled egg that smelt of rotten eggs...

I then took him out for wings. The wings were much, much better.

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#2128 Post by nsamok6620 »

Today I learned that the first amendment'protection of religion does not protect all religions, just the ones you like. And that opinion is justified because you were shot at in defence of that document.

Seriously, the guy was trying to tell me that... [censored] it, it's too hard to paraphrase. Direct quote:

"I am not arguing the right of Religious Practice under the Constitution and honestly I won't be arguing Constitutional Rights with someone like you that has never been shot at in defense of said document. I am just saying your defense of Religion, any Religion for that matter is part of the problem and the direct reason our young men and women are in harms way. Would you rather their be no religion and no wars or full on God Worship and everyone killing each other because they don't believe in the same God?"

I told him I'd rather live in the land of Oz and hang out with the Lollipop Guild, but that wasn't ever going to happen either.

This all started with a post asking why muslim children praying in school is ok but saying the pledge of allegiance isn't. And it devolved into that. I never even got to point out that if anyone complained about a group of Christian children praying in school people would call it a war on Christianity.
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#2129 Post by nsamok6620 »

SperoWolf wrote:
nsamok6620 wrote:"I am not arguing the right of Religious Practice under the Constitution and honestly I won't be arguing Constitutional Rights with someone like you that has never been shot at in defense of said document. I am just saying your defense of Religion, any Religion for that matter is part of the problem and the direct reason our young men and women are in harms way. Would you rather their be no religion and no wars or full on God Worship and everyone killing each other because they don't believe in the same God?"

This all started with a post asking why muslim children praying in school is ok but saying the pledge of allegiance isn't. And it devolved into that. I never even got to point out that if anyone complained about a group of Christian children praying in school people would call it a war on Christianity.
Oh man, I had a fan like that start interacting with the community. At the mention of religion he'd pop in all "RELIGION IS FOR CAVEMAN. IT KILLS PEOPLE AND IS EVIL AND BAD AND [censored] RELIGIOUS PEOPLE". I wasn't mean to him, but I surely wasn't warm when I kept having to pop in and sedate him from lashing out at all the peaceful community members. He wouldn't calm down, and eventually left due to being somewhat ignored in his other comments (as a result). I won't even go into the obvious lunacy of claiming religion is the cause of violence, or that there's more distinguishable violence than peace that's resulted from the practice of Spirituality. It's like "My parents hit me with corndogs, and other people have been hit with corn dogs! Ignore the fact that people can eat them for nourishment and do that far more than they hit people with them, it's problematic!" Honestly, I never can formulate a way to reply to such self-inflicted madness. It's like trying to bring yourself to honestly explain why fish can breathe underwater but humans can't, while said person is militant and obnoxious. It's never a fun experience.
I lol'd at the corn dog analogy. But my biggest issue was that even if it was all true, that corn dogs really are bad, it doesn't matter because your right to eat them is expressly protected under the first amendment. So to argue that in a post about American schools, public schools funded by the government mind you, is utterly pointless.
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#2130 Post by nsamok6620 »

In what they are calling a "road rage" incident, a man standing on the side of the road in front of his car fired several shots at other cars. One that had stopped to see if he needed help and one that had crashed behind him.

When cops showed up he immediately surrendered with zero resistance, and no one was killed, but what the [censored] is wrong with people nowadays.

Oh, and I don't think this could have been a spur of the moment thing because for whatever reason after firing the shots he started removing several firearms from his car.

Video and pictures in the news article below if you're interested

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detroit ... on-injured
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O