What kind of Furry are you?

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

KaiserDunk

Re: What kind of Furry are you?

#781 Post by KaiserDunk »

My immediate family and friends do not know of my furriness, though I am part of a furry fandom group on YouTube. I've never been to a FurCon yet, created a fursona, and I definitely don't have the finances to afford either the purchase or upkeep of a fursuit. I did approach TwoKinds from the furry side of the street, though.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#782 Post by Envy661 »

I guess I'm a Therian, not a furry.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

steelabjur
Council Member

#783 Post by steelabjur »

I don't consider myself a furry, don't partake in furry fandom or the furry community, but I really enjoy "monster girl" type stories and art (like Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou, T-Rex na Kanojo, Yokai Girls, Centaur no Nayami, Rosario+Vampire, etc.), especially human male/other female pairings.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#784 Post by Hulk10 »

steelabjur wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:53 pm I don't consider myself a furry, don't partake in furry fandom or the furry community, but I really enjoy "monster girl" type stories and art (like Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou, T-Rex na Kanojo, Yokai Girls, Centaur no Nayami, Rosario+Vampire, etc.), especially human male/other female pairings.
I like monster girls too. I also consider myself a Furry among other things. I also like Monster Musume no Iru. But if I were in that show I'd definitely be a male liminal dragon.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Chicken Man
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The pizza

#785 Post by Chicken Man »

I'm not a furry, but I'm open minded. Anthro girls in cartoons or comics aren't my thing but I like good stories and characters. Don't have much an interest beyond that. Can't get into a fursona myself.

I'm not a furry but I can like furries. I like the Flora furries. I get to be the human, you know? Put on a safari outfit to get ripped off. Get into her fursona, yeah?

"Oh I can't. What will the village say."
"Forget the village! Meow!"

It was nice being in this community for only two weeks.
Thanks for having me.
I'll cross the road and cluck with you.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#786 Post by Hulk10 »

I could also be a therian.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Barth
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Dio

#787 Post by Barth »

Hello, am badger
Spoiler!

Rubymess
Traveler

#788 Post by Rubymess »

the kind that can't afford a fur suit but unironicaly would prefer to be an anthropomorphic [non-human] animal.

CaptainQuirk26
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#789 Post by CaptainQuirk26 »

I am very much the kind of furry who identifies with their fursona on a very deep level. Pretty much everyone knows I'm a furry, I don't hide it from anyone. Hell, I've got an "UwU" t-shirt in common rotation.

The Blue Fox
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Laura

#790 Post by The Blue Fox »

My fursona is me, but more refined, better.

I struggle with social awkwardness in real life. I have trouble speaking to people face-to-face, and I ESPECIALLY struggle with making phone calls, but excel at talking using text on things like message boards, chatrooms, instant messaging apps or e-mails. I can speak more clearly through writing what I want to say down.

Because I can be my fusrona online, this means my fursona is a lot more confident and has little to no inhibitions.
Also it is physically fit and not the fat unhealthy blob that I am in real life.

In essence, my fursona is simoultatiously me and everything I WANT to be.

I do not have a fursuit, and don't think I'll be able to wear a full one because it'll be an absolute sauna in there, so I'll definitely be doing a partial if and when I can afford it.

I've attended a handful of comic cons here in England and saw some fursuits there. I would very much like to do that again.

My real life's a mess at the moment and I'm struggling to figure out how to fix it, but once I do, I'll definitely look into being a more active participator of the furry community.

MaddySunshine
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#791 Post by MaddySunshine »

This topic is fairly prescient to me. I've been reading twokinds a long time, even though my account is brand new here. I probably started somewhere around the fall of 2008, towards the end of the Basitin Island arc. My answer to how open I am about the whole furry thing has changed dramatically between that time and now. When I was a weird, chunky and repressed misfit in middle school I considered my interest in furry to be my very deepest, darkest secret. I went to extraordinary lengths to lie and compartmentalize and make sure nobody ever connected the dots between who I was online and who I was the rest of the time.

As I grew older the furry fandom became a comfortable means of escapism, especially internet roleplaying. My identity got more and more wrapped up in it and I grew to be lot more confused about who I thought I was, especially with respect to sexual identity and the way I present myself online. which "me" was more real? The way I behaved in person began to feel more put on than the persona and character that I had crafted for myself online and in RP stories, although I hardly read much into at the time. I was a dense little pup and I still am.

Fastforward to college, and I still hide the furry thing from almost everyone, so naturally when a long time online friend invited me to my first convention I was extremely reluctant to go and physically be present at the thing that I've been trying to keep a dirty online secret my entire early adolescence. Eventually, she offered to pay for my whole room and board, registration, and flight if I agreed to attend with her. Even the way I was back then, I couldn't turn down an offer for a free vacation. I would go and satisfy my curiosity, even if knew I was going to be uncomfortable the whole time.

It is no exaggeration to say that this convention ultimately changed the trajectory of my life forever. The atmosphere of it was simply intoxicating. I didn't understand how liberating it would feel to be surrounded by likeminded people who not only shared my shameful common interest, but revelled in it without seemingly any hint of a worry what the rest of the surrounding world thought of it. It was like taking off a weighted vest for the first time in my entire life! I ran around so much I got blisters on my feet, I scarecely slept more than a few hours the entire con, I partied my [censored] off, made several lifelong friends, and I cried the entire light rail ride back to the train station when I knew that the magic was coming to an end. This was the beginning of the end when it came to truly dismantling those walls that I had painstakingly put up as a kid.

From then on I knew I was beginning to change. I started exploring my sexual and gender identity in earnest, and it became more and more tiresome to go out of my way to hide what I did and what I liked, or who I was. I came to realize that I didn't have to expend all of this mental energy to conform to the world's expectations for me. I learned over time that i'd be a helluva lot happier if I learned to embrace my weird and queer attributes and my little hyperfixations and wear them on my sleeve, because anybody that would reject me over such things simply wasn't worth associating with in the first place. It was a tough journey, it took many years, and I think that it truly sunk in the day that I realized I was a girl.

The realization hit me like a ton of bricks, especially because I had caught myself doing the same [censored] that I did as a teenager, but nearly a decade later. I pushed that part of myself aside, I refused to reflect on myself or try things in earnest because I was afraid of the social repercussions, the way my family would react, whether or not everybody around me would see me as some ridiculous freak or imposter. It was the final wall to knock down before I could finally be free of the prison of my own construction. Nowadays the lines are blurred so much it is hard to even call my OC a "fursona." She grew up alongside me, transitioned alongside me. We are one in the same. If I could only sprout fur and a tail we may well converge as one being. (fingers crossed!)

So what kind of furry am I today? Well, I'm the kind of furry who owes everything about the way she turned out to her exposure to the furry fandom and to you silly animals. It goes without saying that I wear it proudly on my sleeve and I probably will for the rest of my life. I'm not sure I would have ever even started on this journey of self-exploration and acceptance without furry. My life would never have turned out so silly and strange. Things are never ever easy but at least I have a chance at being happy this way.

This post got kinda long, even though I glossed over a lot of details in the interest of brevity. I just went through and reread the comic and I checked out the forums again out of a sense of nostalgia, and this prompt got the gears turning. I'm not sure how many people even look back here anymore but if you read what I wrote then thanks. Have a nice life y'all, and don't be afraid to be different.
arfuh~

Rubymess
Traveler

#792 Post by Rubymess »

== I would say i'm more of a Transspecies Therian then a furry.
if one wants to profile me, I'm sure many others who are in the same position.

MirceaKitsune
Citizen

#793 Post by MirceaKitsune »

Rubymess wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:46 am == I would say i'm more of a Transspecies Therian then a furry.
Seeing this in a place I didn't expect it did bring a smile to my face. Will only say I'm from a similar department, probably weirder than therian when you consider beings external to the world we know. Not something I talk about openly nowadays, the thought is a nice childhood memory of the early internet... nice to see still.

Rubymess
Traveler

#794 Post by Rubymess »

MirceaKitsune wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:06 am
Rubymess wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:46 am == I would say i'm more of a Transspecies Therian then a furry.
Seeing this in a place I didn't expect it did bring a smile to my face. Will only say I'm from a similar department, probably weirder than therian when you consider beings external to the world we know. Not something I talk about openly nowadays, the thought is a nice childhood memory of the early internet... nice to see still.
Well my species dysphoria has always been extreme.

MirceaKitsune
Citizen

#795 Post by MirceaKitsune »

Rubymess wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:09 am Well my species dysphoria has always been extreme.
I know the feeling. I'm sorry that's how this lifetime was meant to play out for some of us. Hang on tight and take care!