How to overcome lazyness?

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Scorpio803
Templar

Re: How to overcome lazyness?

#16 Post by Scorpio803 »

Sabourok wrote: QUICK, get a golf club and hit me up side the head a few dozen times!!!!
your gonna have to take off that pesky helmet.

Kilroywuzheere
All that and a side of fries

#17 Post by Kilroywuzheere »

I'll tell you when I figure it out myself.

Some people have stated things about motivation, and I have more problems with that than anything else. School work not gonna get done? I've found that, more often than not, the actual work doesn't do you anything so long as you score well on tests. Heck, I skipped class every day except test days for Calculus and scored well on tests, passed with an A. My mind learned that not doing anything can still net you the best rewards if you know your stuff.

I can still get myself to do things if I want to, the only issue is I don't usually want to. Heck, I don't even wanna get out of bed most the time. Although I'll have to try some methods of getting me out of it earlier. Getting to sleep is rather hard for me to do even when I'm dead tired, so getting up is the only real way to fix my sleep schedule. But there have been no consequences the past 3 months for sleeping til 4 beyond me shifting my free time from day to night.

So basically my brain's figured out that perceived consequences aren't ever as bad as first thought.

Any tips to motivate lil' ol me? > 3> Cause I need 'em.
ImageImageImageImage

Scorpio803
Templar

#18 Post by Scorpio803 »

wow, kilroy, no burger hat? where have i been? anyway, that only applies to some teachers. There are different philosophies about teaching, one says that basically if the student knows the curriculum then they don't need anything else. Grades in those classes are always exam based. Other teachers think it's all about putting in the work, they usually have easy effort A classes. I personally think a healthy balance falls right in the middle... ahhh the balance... this way you have to put in the effort and know what your doing in order to get more than a 50%

Wynni
Forum Momma

#19 Post by Wynni »

I have to get rip roaring mad to overcome my 'dun wannas'. Seriously, the best impetus i have found for getting off my duff and doing what needs doing is to make myself mad somehow.

Go Figure.
Image Wielder of the Wooden Spoon. Boogeymen and Slendermen everywhere beware.
ImageImage

leoian
Banned
Banned

#20 Post by leoian »

Me I revise on the twokinds forum and the irc because if I don't do that I'm lazy.
My only motivation is twokinds so i work when I'm on twokinds ="3
:flora:

Kaibamon
Templar Master

#21 Post by Kaibamon »

Well think my system is trying to overcome it to,i get pani attacks when i dont do what I'm supose to do.Bust still is pretty hard to listen to that..guess i gotta pay more attention to what my mind is telling me.By the way thought of something funny,could you consider lazyness as a desease? :grin:

hands_of_stealth
Grand Templar

#22 Post by hands_of_stealth »

Laziness is a psychological problem XP

Also, about fixing laziness...have u tried literally throwing yourself over what you're supposed to do? Use a single burst of momentum to do the initial part of the task to be done and eventually the rest will follow, its worked for me a lot of times.

darkstar984
Merchant

#23 Post by darkstar984 »

For the past half year more or less I've been really bad about motivating myself, I haven't cared about any of my work, just about the only thing keeping me going is knowing how bad it will come back and bite me in the [censored] and how much I will care in the future.

That and it's easier to concentrate with music.

Hope that helped a little.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#24 Post by Insomniac »

darkstar984 wrote:For the past half year more or less I've been really bad about motivating myself, I haven't cared about any of my work, just about the only thing keeping me going is knowing how bad it will come back and bite me in the [censored] and how much I will care in the future.

That and it's easier to concentrate with music.

Hope that helped a little.
I swear to all of you, this person is not me.

Seriously though, I've had the same problem recently, for most of the past half year. It's just hard to motivate myself, even with a looming deadline, which in my case, is practically literal.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Cerberus
Citizen

#25 Post by Cerberus »

i usually throw the remote (or some other small item mandatory to my lazyness) across the room then i have to go get it and im off my lazy duff and i usually leave the item i threw where it landed then go do something productive.
It's no accident that the church and the graveyard stand side by side. The city of the dead sleeps encircled by the city of the living. -Dante Alighieri