How to overcome lazyness?

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Kaibamon
Templar Master

How to overcome lazyness?

#1 Post by Kaibamon »

I've got this problem lately.I'm to lazy..just sit around do nothing or paly games..yet i am aware and panic but than i get to lazy to care an make excuse like "i'll do it tomorrow"..i haven't even drawn or modeled in a long time,let alone do stuff for collage...so how to overcome my lazyness?

Cessna Skyhawk
Templar Inner Circle

Re: How to overcome lazyness?

#2 Post by Cessna Skyhawk »

There is no "cure" for laziness. You need to find your motivation. Consider the consequences of neglecting your school work or your favorite hobbies. Is it worth it in the end? Make up your mind to live your life without regrets, and you'll always have the motivation to get the job done.

Alternatively, take this picture of R Lee Ermey, print it out, and plaster it all over your walls. When you wake up in the morning, you'll find an angry Gunny screaming in your face. That should be all the motivation you need.
da Vinci wrote:Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#3 Post by Schrodinger »

Cessna Skyhawk wrote:Alternatively, take this picture of R Lee Ermey, print it out, and plaster it all over your walls. When you wake up in the morning, you'll find an angry Gunny screaming in your face. That should be all the motivation you need.
SIR YES SIR!
What was it the spider said to the fly...

MasterTemplar
Grand Templar

#4 Post by MasterTemplar »

Schrodinger wrote:
Cessna Skyhawk wrote:Alternatively, take this picture of R Lee Ermey, print it out, and plaster it all over your walls. When you wake up in the morning, you'll find an angry Gunny screaming in your face. That should be all the motivation you need.
SIR YES SIR!
*Prints out poster*
ImageImage

Sabourok
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by Sabourok »

I personally find that hitting a person up side the head with a golf club a few dozen times is more than enough to modivate them. this is rhetoric from george carlin, do not take seriously

Scorpio803
Templar

#6 Post by Scorpio803 »

Sabourok wrote:I personally find that hitting a person up side the head with a golf club a few dozen times is more than enough to modivate them. this is rhetoric from george carlin, do not take seriously
Somehow, i don't think that'll help. What i try to do is break down tasks into small, managable chunks. I write down what i need to do for the day on a list or white board, and i'm gold.... most of the time.

kagome_angel
Merchant

#7 Post by kagome_angel »

Cessna Skyhawk wrote:There is no "cure" for laziness. You need to find your motivation. Consider the consequences of neglecting your school work or your favorite hobbies. Is it worth it in the end? Make up your mind to live your life without regrets, and you'll always have the motivation to get the job done.

Alternatively, take this picture of R Lee Ermey, print it out, and plaster it all over your walls. When you wake up in the morning, you'll find an angry Gunny screaming in your face. That should be all the motivation you need.
That picture is highly amusing. Now all that is needed is to scrawl DO YER [CENSORED] WORK on it. XD

"I think that you're gonna be the one to save him from himself. It won't be because he loves me. It'll be because he loves you."
~Elena to Damon, The Vampire Diaries

Sabourok
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by Sabourok »

Scorpio803 wrote:
Sabourok wrote:I personally find that hitting a person up side the head with a golf club a few dozen times is more than enough to modivate them. this is rhetoric from george carlin, do not take seriously
Somehow, i don't think that'll help. What i try to do is break down tasks into small, managable chunks. I write down what i need to do for the day on a list or white board, and i'm gold.... most of the time.
I guess you didn't see what I had in the size 10 font.
Sabourok wrote:this is rhetoric from george carlin, do not take seriously
George Carlin was a commedian and that was a spin-off of one of his rants on modivation books and tapes. "If you're modivated enough to go to the bookstore to buy the book, you don't need it! You're modivated! Put the book back and go to the clerk and say (censored) you, I'm modivated!"

Cessna Skyhawk
Templar Inner Circle

#9 Post by Cessna Skyhawk »

kagome_angel wrote:
Cessna Skyhawk wrote:There is no "cure" for laziness. You need to find your motivation. Consider the consequences of neglecting your school work or your favorite hobbies. Is it worth it in the end? Make up your mind to live your life without regrets, and you'll always have the motivation to get the job done.

That picture is highly amusing. Now all that is needed is to scrawl DO YER [CENSORED] WORK on it. XD
Well I have this here:
NSFW Language
da Vinci wrote:Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

Sabourok
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by Sabourok »

Cessna Skyhawk wrote:Well I have this here:
NSFW Language
Shouldn't that picture go to the FTW thread? lol

Bloodshot_games
Traveler

#11 Post by Bloodshot_games »

I'm actually in the same boat as you, right now (no motivation, need to do college work, lazy, etc.). When I saw this thread yesterday, I started to think, then got lazy and put it off, but since I apparently do my best thinking in the shower, I had an idea this morning.

Why not use your laziness against itself? I find that if I want to play, say my SNES, but it's not plugged into my TV, I'd rather play what's already plugged in than what I actually want. So, when I want to stop myself from playing games, I'll just unplug all of them and put them back on my shelf, nice and neat for display. Believe it or not, it's less work to unplug a system than to plug it back in (especially if it needs the RF switch put in the back or if another system's already in), so I'm too lazy to plug it back in. Gaming problem solved.

Computers are tougher, especially if you need it for college work. Sleeping is easy, though (my biggest time-killer). Just throw junk on your bed that you'll have to clear off. I'm sure if one were to identify their time-wasters, they could find a way to block themselves from getting to them with their own laziness.
I find that certain people are like slinkies. They're not good for much, but it's always fun to watch them fall down the stairs.

Sabourok
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by Sabourok »

Just got off of spring break and I just can't get myself to do anything. Don't get me wrong, I did go to class and everything, but now that I'm back in my room with two essays to write, online homework to grind trough and two chapters to read, I can't get myself to do anything.... QUICK, get a golf club and hit me up side the head a few dozen times!!!!

Valbrandur
Grand Templar

#13 Post by Valbrandur »

Sabourok wrote:Just got off of spring break and I just can't get myself to do anything. Don't get me wrong, I did go to class and everything, but now that I'm back in my room with two essays to write, online homework to grind trough and two chapters to read, I can't get myself to do anything.... QUICK, get a golf club and hit me up side the head a few dozen times!!!!
Must I do a screenface on you?

...I'm lazy too. No way to overcome it yet ._.

Sirver
Apprentice

#14 Post by Sirver »

Hi, I am logical reasoning here. Work your way up in small steps, do not push yourself too hard, just realise it will take months maybe years for your mind to except it into your itinerary, just give yourself a setted deadline to finish, for example a drawn artwork piece and eiter reward yourself for completing it afterwards with games or punishing yourself in anyway possible when you do not, personally I force myself to not sleep until I have done it for my punishment, which usually results in not going to sleep at all, making my mind learn of its mistakes. Although, another ploy is to have friends or close ones who are willing to back you up and help you out by keeping on track with your work, if they do not help, then they are not your friends.

To conclude, by not doing what you want to do is just pure lack of enthusiasm, give your mind small chunks of it before you try to overload your mind with it, give it time and patience, but only if you give it your best efforts each day that you really want to do such things.

Now watch as I disappear again for another year to only give newbs advice on mistakes that he made before and wants no one else to repeat...

(Edit: and why do I have 115 posts when I was in the 2000s when I was last here...? Did Emmy steal them off me or whatever?)
Welcome to the 21st Century, you are 10 years late.
FA

Corezy
Council Member
Location: Don't look for me and you'll never ask this question.

#15 Post by Corezy »

I'm lazy but it does help me in a way, for instance, i don't do my chores but when I'm asked to do something else that I don't want to do I say that i have to do my chore or homework as an excuse. It's fighting laziness with being laziness in a sense, though this could be an entirely different thing.
-I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.-