Dreams

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Dreams

#1906 Post by RennisTora »

Had a bunch of short dreams I don't recall all that well now, the two I remember best were oddly enough at opposite ends of that long jumbled line.

Early in the night I had a dream about some sort of highly advanced symbiotic suit like entity, I remember having to fight against others seeking it as well just straight up evils.
I remember it having different personalities governing different parts of the suit, the head was supposed to be the dominant personality and seemed like a nice guy.
Whenever I wore them I could hear their voice(s) telepathically, I don't recall much more than that other than there being mummies at some point?
I recall a point where the head personality (no pun intended?) went quiet and the others spoke up in their place, I could barely function while he was out of action.
It was like he'd been powered down or lost the will to fight, I remember getting beat pretty bad and seeming like I was going to die.
When they came back to their senses he was shocked and freaking out since I'd actually tried to be friendly with him unlike some.
I recall something about him offering to permanently become a part of me so that I would survive, I remember excepting.

Before waking up I had a dream about walking down a street after dark, in the distance I saw something and got closer trying to see what it was.
I can only describe it as looking like a large stone staircase going down like the entrance to some ruin or dungeon, there were people outside of it dressed up.
It looked like some kind of LARP event though I was cautious about just walking up, there was a woman dressed like a dark elf asking for "tokens".
When I inquired about where to get them she pointed me to a booth with another woman behind a counter, the woman inside was dressed more like a witch or gypsy or the like.
I expected to hear a price for admission but all she did was ask me questions like how I found the place, what I thought of it, then other stuff like my name etc.
At the end of the conversation all she did was put out her hand to shake (I should have been hearing warning signals going off in my head already) and after I moment I did the same.
Her hand was soft and her grip was nearly non-existent as if she herself wasn't truly there, I then got the feeling that I'd gotten in over my head but that it was too late to back out now...
Everything outside looked pretty standard with the booth and line stuff, the costumes looked really convincing though and the entrance itself looked ancient with old stonework and moss among other things.
There were even skulls with glowing eyes, I couldn't make out how they were doing it and that was when it all started to click, but it was too late, and then I woke up. (son of a [censored]!)

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1907 Post by RennisTora »

Had a dream, well a number of dreams really, each one was about being in another world though they are kind of hard to recall now, I'll try.

One that I recall the most details about was this strange world where some people would end up after passing away in our world, like they're spirits would go there and be reborn/brought back to life?
The best thing I can think of to relate it to is how in the stories of Valhalla the dead warriors would in a way live again and be able to fight for eternity?
I don't remember how I was supposed to have died but the next thing I knew I was in another world with a war being fought between two sides, the world seemed to have originally been a fantasy
settings with magic and dragons but at some point someone from our world had either managed to bring some of our weapons/technology with them, or the knowledge of how to replicate it?
I recall a scene of a town under attack by either a dragon, or by pseudo modern warfare in the form of black-powder artillery and armoured wagons, like one was fighting the other, not sure who was attacking?
I was standing there in awe of the scene, as were others who were from that world, and all I could do to comfort them was to say that even more terrible weapons existed in out world...
At one point or another I had to choose a side, but I wasn't even sure which was which, who I should help or fight, eventually I just sort of got roped into one or the other.
We were at some kind of fortification undergoing training, at one point I saw two people I recognized and when they opened their arms I did the same, then they passed by me and embraced the other person
leaving me standing there with my arms open awkwardly, I just sort of hugged myself and clonked my head on the wall with a song playing in my head "hello darkness my old friend~" and then they walked up to apologize.
After a while I remember a loud commotion and the sound of fighting, our encampment was being attacked by the other group or at least some other group, those of us who weren't ready to fight were being evacuated
while the others held the line, as a figure came in through a door or maybe it was a window I remember thinking to myself "I'm going die all over again, aren't I?.." with my hands up in front of my face...
Then I thought that even for a moment I recognized the figure and called out "Mr. Nielsen?" and they stopped the attack, pulling back a mask or helmet revealed the very familiar face of dead Hollywood star Leslie Nielsen.

Another dream I had before waking up was also about being in another world, though in this one it seemed I had been brought here while still alive somehow, it was an odd place working on anime logic and physics.
There were people with odd eye and hair colours, everywhere I looked seemed to either be school uniforms or an otherwise cliche and well known outfit, I remember almost being excited before the reality of it sank it.
I was trapped in a world being the only "normal" person there while everyone else made over the top reactions and moments of cartoon violence and otherwise madness...
Specifically I was trying to spend my time in some kind of high school setting for what felt like a life time, and when the time came that it seemed I could finally go home something else sank in.
Sadness, I was, despite my contempt for the forces that brought me to this place, sad to leave it and more importantly the people I had befriended behind, I remember seeing an almost sideshow of end credits
fly by like I was recalling things all at once, not in the slow and depressing way I'd experienced it but in such a cliche montage of events that I realized what I was leaving behind was almost fun...
I had tears forming and wasn't sure if I wanted to cry or hide it, there was one person in particular, a girl with silver or white hair, I remember just sitting next to them on the ground as it happened.
I blinked to wipe away some more tears and then I was awake in bed, I mean yeah sure it had been a weird and even dangerous experience but, it was sad saying goodbye...
Stockholm Syndrome maybe? That or, realizing it was pretty much everything an otaku would die for, an odd dream but oh well.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1908 Post by RennisTora »

Had a number of dreams, they all kind of mushed together by this point, but I do recall the one I had before waking up.
The dream took place in some kind of alternate history type scenario, seemed modern but overly militaristic.

I was sitting on a bus, everyone was wearing some kinds of military fatigues, it seemed like a military academy of some sort.
We were waiting to be sent off to the school as new students/recruits, we were all sitting there waiting and someone was walking by the bus.
They were an older student wearing a more complex uniform with decorations (medals or some such maybe?) and were talking about either
an older student or maybe even an instructor "I was watching this sniper trying to change a tire on a truck, you should of seen the colour his was turning!".
I chimed in saying that "Well, being good with manual-labour doesn't always equal combat effectiveness~" and he stopped to chuckle, then introduced himself
while stretching out his hand like (I actually forget his name and rank so I'll just call him... Garlin?) "The Grand Generals' Grandson, and you?" to which I shook his hand
saying (my real name) "Richard, new recruit, nice to meet you... Aaaaaand I'm kind of here, accidentally?" and he replied "What do you mean, accidentally?" and I was explained that
my papers had essentially been mixed up and wrongfully filed or filled out so I ended up here instead of where I was supposed to be going but finished with "But, this place seems nice enough"
(we were already in some kind of town dedicated to housing the staff and families of those at the academy) and our teacher/instructor replied "Don't let the Grand General hear you call it that"
and I tried to catch my words with saying "I just meant that it seems like a well enough envir-" but was cut off by some kind of PA system I didn't quite hear clearly followed by sirens.
I remember hearing someone say "Ms. Perkins, what's happening?" (our teacher) while the older student Garlin jumped into the bus telling the driver to head for the nearest shelter.
I recall either saying or hearing "did he say lunch or LAUNCH?" from when the announcement went out, I saw what could only be described as not a missile but rather a red bolt of energy
flying through the sky, it looked ominous and terrifying, just as it hit further behind us in the distance a huge pillar of light erupted, instead of a mushroom cloud I saw two beams of light
arcing upwards into the sky and twisting around each-other like a stand of DNA and all I recall saying "Oh god... a Helix Warhead... [censored]...".
The unnatural red light approached like a shock-wave after an explosion, everything it touched looked like it was rapidly ageing and falling apart in seconds.
Just as it washed over us and I saw the shell of the bus dissolving before my eyes in bullet time, I felt something hot inside, I started trembling and then there was a white light...
My hands were sinking into the seat in front of me from the pain(?), my hair turned white, my eyes were glowing white, a white sort of light or aura washed out from me and surrounded the
bus and the people within, all the while I remember a bone aching heat, I was screaming or maybe shouting, when the red light was gone the bus had already stopped, the white light slowly vanished as well
with the last of it lingering around me like an aura, I remember stares and feeling faint, just as I would have slumped over on the seat and passed out, I woke up in bed.

All I can think is, that despite the "modern" era it seemed to be in, there was some kind of quasi-magic-tech sort of thing going on, hidden powers as well considering.
Yet another bases to build some kind of actual story off of, feels like a new generic anime to be honest XD

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#1909 Post by Cyon »

Wow Rennis you're really killin it with all your dreams. Love reading up on them :grin:
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

GyroFox
Apprentice

#1910 Post by GyroFox »

Sometimes I have woken up anxious but there was no dream that I can recall. It was strange.

:potatoes: :potatoes: :natani: :potatoes: :potatoes:

Don't be silly, bullying sucks 8)

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1911 Post by RennisTora »

Cyon wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:18 pm Wow Rennis you're really killin it with all your dreams. Love reading up on them :grin:
It's always a little awkward to hear that, flattering but awkward, thank you. |D

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1912 Post by RennisTora »

Had a dream I wish I could recall more coherently but it was kind of a mess in some respects, it was also not terribly enjoyable at the time so I think my brain got more jumbled afterwards.

I dreamt of what was essentially a modern spin on the tale of Hercules and monsters and gods, it was for some reason set in the UK, I remember because it was specifically said in the dream
that we were in England and I even recall seeing vehicles with the driver on the right hand side rather than the left as it is here (Canada).
I'm not sure if I was specifically supposed to be a literal interpretation of Hercules i.e with Zeus as my true father etc, or if I was just an abnormally strong human?
The whole setting was either supposed to be taking place during the discovery of the monster races or if it was just after, like I was in the following generation?
I feel like it was during rather than after if only because there was a lot of panic, confusion, controversy, and all around xenophobia regarding the monsters.
I'm not going to use air quotes on the word monster since some of them were very much monstrous, though others were more human like.

I was in high school, again... (why is it always high school with you brain?) I was still more or less myself, guess I was studying abroad?
Seemed like it was an old school with lots of history, the architecture was very old and sturdy for most of it, though some newer sections were included.
It feels like I was keeping the whole "I'm basically a real life Hercules" thing a secret more or less, I say that because I remember a point where I was pretending
to struggle with a heavy object during shop class, me and some other guy were building a cartoonishly large halberd of some sort for a project.
I was trying to limit myself to the maximum a human could be and was playing it off as just being a really strong guy, think of the scene from The Incredibles where
they're all cheering on the son in the race, basically that if you know what I'm talking about https://youtu.be/yzhCMADl_nY and a link if not.
The thing was like, a 200 lb axe essentially, and as much as I wanted to swing it around, I knew that if I did people would put 2 and 2 together.
There was generic school life stuff to deal with that I won't bother really detailing since I'm pretty sure we can all agree that it's boring, and I don't recall it all that clearly.
I remember that there was something about a large "announcement" that was planned and that people would be showing up at the school to attend, that was around the time
that the whole monsters thing started to come to light, I recall seeing minotaurs or otherwise bovine people ( the women weren't too hard on the eyes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ) as well
as others such as (I think) lamias and vampires and at one point even cat people of some kind, that was when I saw and heard most of the UK references.
Specifically there were some kind of guards or otherwise security officers at the event trying to, for lack of a better word "herd" some of them after they went wondering the grounds.
I saw a cars pull up out-front and that was when I saw the driver on the right hand side, they were talking with a passenger who was some kind of white skinned elf type of person,
they were chuckling like a funny a joke had been told and waved them off as they walked away, there were of course those who weren't being quite as chummy, such protesters and such...
There was some general types of cliches, stereotypes and I guess racist things going on, such the group of human speakers wearing rings of garlic during a panel with vampires...
I remember thing reaching a boiling point when beings calling themselves gods also showed up, I remember feeling odd with how one of them looked at me.
There was something about a fight I think, I remember wielding the axe and the "god" instigating the fight just sort of took hits without injury...
Details feel a little hazy but the next thing I recall clearly was a collapse, structure wise not social or environmental, I was in some kind of underground structure like a labyrinth.

There was someone else with me, a woman, I think maybe a teacher, we were trying to figure out what to do, saw some not so friendly and none too bright monsters and hid.
We agreed that in order to survive I was going to need a weapon to fight with (the axe was gone I guess?) and nothing laying around seemed terribly sturdy, so I decided to
man up and began fighting hand to hand style, we were running and sliding and ducking our way through the ancient structure until I saw what looked like horse sized lizards.
We stopped before entering that part and hid against a wall unsure of what to do, eventually one of them wondered over and just as it was coming around the corner I struck
at it with a punch and knocked it off balance, then the other one (there were two, they had been laying down like those lion statues you see) came running out and I was stuck
fighting them both as the woman stayed hidden, they were doing this thing where they would shoot their tongue out at me as an attack.
I remember exchanging blows with the two for a while, I think I'd downed one of them and was wrestling with the other when another yet larger and angrier one showed up.
It shot it tongue out at me while I was trying to tongue tie the second one (for lack of a better word) and it's tongue just barely missed me, leaving a cut.
I remember panicking since that seemed like the first time anything had actually been able to hurt me (the god didn't even bother to) and it was still 2 vs 1.

That was around the time I woke up, and interesting short dream.
Looking back on it I can see parts of my own life being exaggerated, such as the whole thing about holding back, I have actually been pretty strong since I was young, just not super human.
There was a time in high school where I realized it and would actively hold back or control my temper so I wouldn't unintentionally injure someone, it was part of why I didn't
participate in sports especially contact sports, I've also always been on the large side so I would try to avoid bumping into people in the hallways.
I also recall some talk about "what are you going to do after you graduate?" to which I commented that I had considered teaching as a career path.
That was something I actually did consider at one point in my life, it never happened mind you but it makes sense it would find it's way in there.
Lastly but not least, I just want to say, a lot of the women in the dream were rather lovely ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and I'm at least grateful for that.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1913 Post by RennisTora »

Had a not terribly short dream that I sadly can't recall all of, mostly a couple key details...
I do remember the whole thing was anime themed down to most of the looks of things.

The dream was set in a not too distant future kind of deal with sci-fi but still very much Earth.
There were these robotic suits available for I would assume a number of applications, though the dream focused
on them being used for a kind of gladiatorial kind of deal as an organized sport.
They weren't clunky or huge but more like something you'd see in an anime with super tech.
If I had to guess I'd say they were no more than 10 feet tall, probably closer to 8 feet.

I was in a high school for most of it, there was some team for the sport that we had.
I'm not sure if I was a pilot or more of a mechanic type role?
There was another trope of sci-fi these days in the form of animal people, mostly people with ears and tails
but I'm pretty sure I at least caught glimpses of full on anthro folk.
I recall being part of a class or possibly a club that dealt with metal work and repair jobs around campus?
I remember something about a teacher who for some reason made amazing pudding, an odd detail.
He didn't just hand it out or anything, it was sold in the cafeteria to students.
There was even some kind of plot going on with it, it was stupid in hindsight.
Not many people actually ate it since it was like "well... the shop teacher made it you know..." as the
general mindset when considering trying it, the irony that it was very good.
At some point there was something about the teacher leaving or being let go, it had something to
do with the pudding I think, not that there was anything wrong with it, I'm not sure why.
While some of us were sitting in the class room a girl was eating one solemnly, she couldn't finish it from sadness.
Me and a couple others took a taste and were hit with a mix of tastes and feelings, personally it reminded me
of the taste of home made batter for stuff like muffins or the like that mom would make.
I recall something along those lines like "... it, reminds me of home, a warm and nostalgic taste..." and since
this seemed to be either a boarding school or the classic "attending school over seas" scenario it was
a powerful feeling for someone far from home who couldn't easily enjoy that taste.

At some point a student in the group got bored and tired of not being paid attention to like
some kind of spoiled child (might of been a rich kid?) who them started a fight with a couple
of us after saying some trash about the teacher, the fight practically didn't happen since
they were so bad at it (the challenge was a suit battle) that two of our suits on auto-pilot
were able to beat them senseless, I guess they had some basic A.I for training reasons?
I remember clearly how the rest of us kept having the conversation about the teacher
while they got their [censored] handed to them in the background in comical fashion.
Someone even asked if we should help and I was like "No, I'm good, I'm enjoying watching our suits beat the crap out of him.".

The dream moved on to a point where we had some tournament to take part in, we were crossing a desert
with vehicles and suits on our way to the match as we passed by a seemingly background salvage yard.
As we did this the scene took focus on a single character in the yard doing their thing as we passed by,
it even showed them watch us go by as if to create a different camera angle or something for art reasons.

That's about where the dream ended before I woke up, the oddest part of it all for me wasn't the pudding
or the robots or the teacher troubles or anything, it was the salvage yard character...
Because as soon as I woke up I realized it had been the character Junkrat from Overwatch,
a game I've never played and only casually seen gameplay of... Thanks brain.
I realize now that this wasn't that short even despite the more mundane details being forgotten.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1914 Post by RennisTora »

Had a super hero dream, it was never expressly said where we were in the world but I'm assuming Canadian.
I don't remember the other team members all that well except for myself (obviously) and a guy who had very early DBZ style powers.
He couldn't full on fly or anything though, he was like at the end of DB or early DBZ, he could move fast and use some energy though.
I was a were-tiger or the like, the main problem being that I kept power-cock-blocked and never having a reason to shift...
The biggest reason was on me of course in that I didn't want to destroy my uniform/outfit so I'd take certain parts off first and they'd be done.

Anyway the main plot of the dream was an environmental anomaly (#CanadianProblems) regarding a fresh water lake being more and more
thrown off balance and the wildlife paying the price, it involved a lot of capture and rescue of animals as well as trying to find the source.
Eventually we discovered not so much a villains scheme as simply some already wealthy douche trying to get richer...
He had bought land on an island community and was illegally mining for something, anything.
The issue being that it was mostly salt deposits and he didn't want/need it, but instead selling it (illegally) he was using a fishing boat
to dump the debris at night into the lake, either he didn't put two and two together or he didn't care about the ecosystem.
As you can imagine a fresh water lake becoming more and more salty would be bad for the things living in it that need fresh water...
I remember some kind of fight, and although I don't recall detail of "why" I'm assuming he hired someone with powers to guard him?
At one point the DBZ guy got flung into the distance and I was "well, you might of just killed a man." as a dust cloud was made,
then I could see him darting back in our direction via some kind of energy dash across the water and was like "not wait, he's fine".
If I'm recalling correctly then I think a third person on our team was a woman who, seemed to get her strength from exhibitionism
if what I can remember of her outfit was anything to go by, or if what little she wore could be called clothes...
Well okay to be fair, I'm not sure it was so much exhibitionism as care skin?
Like some weird catch to her powers that she could only use them the more skin she had showing,
if she went full nude she'd be golden age years Superman with lots of strength and jumping and speed and nigh invulnerable?
The main thing being that she would almost never go that far out of pride and embarrassment, outfit malfunctions help of course.
Anyway, as per the main description I was taking off my shoes and whatnot before going hulk aaaaaaaaaand then it was over...
There wasn't much after that aside from the moral message that we stopped it, but the damage was done and would take time to heal.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1915 Post by RennisTora »

Had a dream about becoming stranded on an uncharted island in modern day, I wasn't alone and had been on a ship with others.
I think we may have been some kind of survey vessel just doing whatever out in the ocean, then ended up washing ashore after something.
Not sure why or how we ended up on the island since the dream started there on the beach rather than on the ship.
There were other wrecks strewn about the place that seemed to make this some kind of ship/plane graveyard.
We were trying to figure out our surroundings and set up camp when we encountered the islands inhabitants, they were
very clearly not the same as us with a majority of them being full anthropomorphic peoples and others having more human features/traits.
They didn't seem to speak but instead were using some kind of pantomime to express themselves, only one was really doing it, an elder maybe?
While this was going on I heard some shouting and turned to see what looked like an unidentified big-cat lurking around and then into our camp.
I resembled a mix between a snow leopard and tiger for fluff levels and colour, though it's fur was more of a mocha than pure orange.
It had tufts of black in places like it's ears or tail and white in others like it's belly or paws, it had black patterns that weren't anything like
a regular animal I've ever seen and no where near as distributed across it's body, it had almost tribal looking symbols in places
like the base of it's tail or neck and near it's feet making it look more like some kind of artwork than a living creature.
The natives didn't seem bothered by it and it hadn't attacked anyone so we were more on high alert than anything.
After wandering it's way through our camp of wreckage and tents it approached me and for a moment I froze not sure what to do or expect.
It came up to me close enough to touch and then rubbed up against me before wandering back off into the wilds...
The crew looked relieved, I felt dumbstruck, and the natives looked ecstatic before they proceeded to actually speak which surprised us.
They used a very simple English that was accented with other tongues that must of mingled with their own culture over the centuries of survivors.
I don't remember a very clear answer on what had just happened, but the best I can take from it is that the big-cat was some kind
of revered being to them almost like a god or perhaps guardian of the island, that they waited for it's blessing to fully mingle with us?
Myself more than anyone they seemed to treat with an odd level of respect after that, like I was made special in their eyes by it's action?
As we were welcomed and shown more of the island it became even clearer that the people who had washed up here over the centuries
left bits and pieces of their cultures behind that the natives then adopted as their own, an example that stands out to me was something
like a medieval church looking structure made with stone and wood with an islander flair with decorations and thatch/straw roofs.
I remember time passing as we became more and more acclimated to this strange yet wonderful new home of ours.
At one point while wandering about the village I saw what at first seemed to be a flock of birds, but when one got closer and landed
I realized was instead a bid sized reptile with wings, almost yet not quite like a tiny dragon or drake.
I also remember seeing children though not my own or at least I didn't address as such in the dream, so I would think not.
The dream didn't last much longer than that, as best I can guess the original inhabitants were the full animal folk while the more human
members were the result of those who washed ashore mingling in more ways than one with the locals not to mention teaching them.
The big-cat was so pretty though you have no idea, I wish I could think of a proper reference to link but alas, I can not.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1916 Post by RennisTora »

Had a dream about another world, one that I would visit as a child until one day I couldn't go back.
There was some kind of passage that would take people to this other world, a world filled with magic and the like.
It was a full on high fantasy setting with dragons, giants, elves, dwarves, magic, and so on.
There was a small kingdom, maybe only a dukedom even, whenever I would go through this crawlspace like passage
I would end up there, meeting new friends and having adventures, like something out of a dream. (pardon the pun)
The early stuff was vague and blurry to remember by the time I'd grown into a young teen, by then I could
no longer find the passage nor the world it led to, until eventually I must of been convinced it wasn't real.

Fast forward years later to what must of been my mid or late high school range teen years, revisiting
an old house or area I'd moved from or simply not been to since I was a child, finding an odd passage...
Having the strangest sense of Déjà vu like I'd been there before, letting my curiosity get the better of me.
I crawled through the passage that was just barely big enough for me to fit through with some trouble points,
when I came to the other side I found myself in a place that was both unfamiliar yet felt like coming home.
I wandered around for a bit and found what looked an estate crossed with a keep, as I explored and met people
something at the back of my mind kept going off like an alarm or otherwise signal that something was strange.
I saw things I knew I had never seen, yet they felt familiar like finding an old box toys from when you were a child.
As I met with someone else, it all began to click, the things and people I had forgotten, the times we'd shared.
That was when I met a girl, well, a young lady really, the daughter of the lord that owned the estate I suppose.
(I want to say she had blue hair, but I'm really not sure anymore, it could have been slightly purple even)
As we looked at each other I found myself wanting to cry as everything came flooding back in one final flash of memories.
We spent the day and evening talking, remembering old times and sharing the things in between.
I stayed for... I don't even remember how long, it felt like days at a time, but it couldn't last forever, it never does...
One evening while I was staying over and exploring the old halls, something happened, an attack of some kind on the estate.
The first thing I saw was flames outside, then a large figure like a giant, walls were crumbling, people screaming.
Just before this started, while exploring, I'd come across a statue of some kind, it was large with strange runes carved into it
in places, almost like a puzzle but it didn't seem to respond or at least, couldn't be solved?
The girl was there with me, she said how no one has been able to figure it out, if it's a puzzle or just art.
It was of some kind of warrior god in their world, I remember staring at it up and down.
Suddenly it made sense, the runes weren't just scribbles, they were familiar, like old Norse runes.
The kind of things that I'd had been so obsessed with in recent years to the point of trying to learn them.
While muttering to myself I fiddled with the shapes and slowly began activating them, the final piece was
in the center of the statue like a pendant it would be wearing, one that was blank until after seemingly
solving the puzzle there were new runes that appeared on the pendant, they seemed to spell out a word or name.
I can't remember exactly what it was, there was a strong TH sound and definitely an O, I don't think it was Thor though.
(For the sake what I partially remember and what I know of the Norse, I'm going to go with "Troth" which can mean faith.
It would also make a lot of sense if it was some gods statue, even if it was just the final puzzle piece.)
After the pendant lit up, my hand seemed to move on it's own, placing it on the pendant and turning it 180 degrees then pressing
on it like a button, it pushed into the statue, then all the runes lit up again brighter, then faded, after a moment the statue
opened like it had been a container all along, it presented itself like some kind of weapon rack.
There was a bow, a shortsword, and something that looked like a tunic or jerkin to be worn like simple armour.
The bow had an aura of flame at either tip when held, while the sword had an old hammered iron look to it with runes.
The "armour" was white and brown, the main outer layer seemed like white linen or a similar fabric, the inner layer
was like a fine yet strong leather, I remember being awestruck by the the happenings as was the young lady.

Just as that happened was when the attack started, the wall near us came down revealing these two giant figures.
One of them grabbed the girl and turned to leave as the other eyed me, I grabbed the sword swung when it tried
to attack me, injuring it's hand with the sword it then backed off and left, I was trying to process what was
happening as they walked away, the bow and armour still on the ground, I grabbed the bow and fired a single arrow
that had been left with the bow, it became a fire arrow while in flight and just barely struck one of the giants.
They knelt down being injured, the other then ran off with the princess (pretty sure that's her position, given what happens later).
All I could do was to stand there and fall to my own knees, I couldn't help her, I couldn't save her, and now she was gone...
I remember just barely pulling myself together in time to escape, I put on the tunic, slung the bow and sword, and just tried to survive the night.
There was a lot of wandering, felt like years of it, by the time the dream became stable again I was older with a beard, early 20's most likely.
I had been tracking the girl and training myself with hardships so that when I finally found them, I'd be strong enough to save them this time.
Working off rumors and word of mouth I found myself in a city, a castle town, it seemed like half of my work was done after hearing that
the one in charge at the castle was a young queen who I knew had to be the same girl, or now woman, I just knew it.
(I don't remember a name sadly, I'm sure I heard something, which is why I was sure at the time, but now I'm drawing a blank)
I was shocked to find that the castle was sealed up, when I tried asking around they said that they only allow an audience
every so often, but that aside from those times that they keep the place locked down, fearing an attack.
(The whole region seemed to be in the middle of a long lasting war, our group seemed to be a rebellion of sorts, refusing
to take part and instead splintering off to form a new kingdom elsewhere?)
While trying to find a way past the lockdown I was intercepted by a noble claiming to know the court, I made my case to them
about needing to see them urgently but that it was a private matter, they didn't believe me enough to just let me in but
they agreed to let me stay at their manor while waiting for the castle to open for an audience.
I remember a time lapse of sorts, a montage you might say, of waiting around at the manor, sitting at a window or a wall
sighing and staring in the direction of the castle, at one point even breaking down while I thought I was alone, one of the
people living there saw me but kept silent, they then mentioned to the one who let me stay how sincere I seemed.
The waiting seemed to last forever, I began doubting if when I finally got in that they wouldn't be the same person etc.
Finally after what felt like another lifetime of waiting, I was told they were now taking visitors, without a moments
hesitation I flew off, quite literally in fact, over the years of searching and training I'd picked up some magic.
Namely I learned some minor transmutation spells for things like, turning into a bird for quick travel or the like.
I arrived at the gates and was greeted with a huge line of people waiting to enter, as much as I wanted to rush in I knew
these people had just as much a reason to be here as I did, though I doubt any of them were hunting for their lost princess.
I was wearing a traveling cloak, as such my face was obscured to some extent, I think part of me wanted to surprise them?
After even more waiting, some of which was my own fault for letting another or two ahead of me in line for various reasons,
I was finally able to enter the main chamber where they were meeting people, as I slowly walked closer in line it felt like
all the years of hardships were melting away, I could see those in the room and even recognized a few, the most notable of which
being the woman sitting on the throne who was taking these visitors, it was her, it was really her...
When my turn came I walked up as anyone else would, but, instead of making my plea or introducing myself, I simply lowered the hood
of my cloak, until then I think some had been suspicious of me, thinking I could be some assassin hiding my face.
Their worries were no doubt lessened when the woman's face lit up after a moment of processing my face, followed swiftly by
her nearly leaping off the throne and down to me, then embracing me and I her, both of us with tears in our eyes.
I believe there were a number of people who recognized me, survivor from that night at the estate that found their way here.
I remember standing there, then sitting there right on the floor, just holding each other crying, tears of pain and joy alike.
All the worry, all the battles, all the horrors, feeling like they were melting away as we just sat there, finally safe again.

There was a bit more after that, I remember another journey, only this time, together, a caravan of people and hope.
We were headed somewhere new, I think to form an alliance with another faction, I recall seeing beast-folk or monster races.
I remember our wagon-train being pulled by some large ground turtle like creature, not terribly fast but strong and sturdy.
The dream didn't last for much longer than that, not surprising given how long it was already.
I'd like to think, that in the 5 and a half years I've been writing my dreams down like this, that I've gotten better at
expressing the contents, or at least to a point where it's easier to get what I saw than just "and then, a fight happened".

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1917 Post by RennisTora »

Had a short dream of being on some kind of excavation team in an old ruin someplace, there were a bunch of huge broken up "statues" and eventually
I stumbled across an intact one only to discover it was in fact, some kind of ancient robot suit.
I was sitting inside of it and was being put through some kind of start up sequence, it recognized me as someone called "Tohialla" or some such.
For whatever reason I could understand it and vice versa despite it being older than the English language by far.
Before that I recall having opened up some large set of stone doors after looking over a damaged console of some kind that I also
somehow understood, less like I could read the old script and more like "oh, this is the button" as if I'd done it before.
It was the same thing with the robot, I remember something about a swan symbol around the robot like it was important.
When it asked for a pass-code I tried a few different things after some failures, got it right with something along the lines of
"the swan has come home to roost" and then got the all green, the dream didn't last much longer than that.
I'm sure I remember something about an underwater segment of the ruins, and something about the government.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1918 Post by RennisTora »

Had a really short dream about monstrous land crabs... Like a monster B movie.
I was back in school, high school probably, on the bus pulling up to school.
The bus suddenly stopped and when we looked ahead there were a bunch of these dog sized crabs
on the road and grounds of the school, the driver backed it up over another group of them and took off.
Shortly after pulling away we heard something and then saw a claw trying to get through the sheet metal
in the roof of the bus, just as the crab poked it's head inside one of the students pulled off a high kick
and punted it back onto the roof, we then heard it skip along and then saw it fall off through the back window.
While making our way down a side street we saw a dog running behind the bus so we slowed down and
opened the side door, the poor thing jumped right in and hid under a seat whimpering.
We took off again and had to drive through another patch of the crabs, this time one latched on and
was trying to come up through the floor, I had these heavy duty boots on for some reason so when it
started trying to poke it's head in I heel dropped it back out and onto the pavement.
The dream ended not long after that, which is nice, because those things were hideous...

Jonesy
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#1919 Post by Jonesy »

I dreamed that Lucius Malfoy came to my house for some kind of standoff to the death. We ended up playing Act of Aggression instead.

Don't ask me why. I've never played Act of Aggression or even thought about it recently, and it's been a few months since I've had anything to do with Harry Potter (I read the entire series for the first time earlier in the year, and watched the films a bit before that). How the two managed to intercept, I'll never know.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1920 Post by RennisTora »

Had a dream about being in a military school of some kind, things went about pretty smooth and normal for a while but then I started
to notice things that now make it obvious it wasn't set in our world such as strange creatures that were treated as being normal or
the fact that the school has along with it's normal equipment for training, giant robots of some kind...
The dream wasn't really short of anything but I can't think of much details to bring up as until the weird the creatures and robots
things were pretty standard with classes/drills and even the building and it's grounds looked normal enough as did out uniforms.
At one point there was a stampede of the creatures mentioned above, they were about the size of a large dog or pig maybe bigger.
They were a yellow/orange colour mostly and were kind of dinosaur like for features, some kind of cattle I think?
I was nearly trampled to death but just barely escaped serious injury, of the people that showed up to help was some kind of insectoid?
While recovering from soreness more than anything I remember being visited by a kind woman who was an instructor of some kind.
After I was up and walking around again without trouble things went about their normal business again for a while.
During some kind of break period or otherwise down time a bunch of use were gathered outside in the yard overlooking a harbor.
We seemed to be half hanging out and half seeing off an instructor who was leaving the school for whatever reason, an older guy.
While we were gathered there a commotion was heard behind us at the harbor area, after a moment of confusion we realized why.
A large ship was approaching at full speed, it looked like some kind of transport and had something large on it with a tarp covering it.
It failed to stop and crashed into the docks, even taking into account that a ship just crashed in a military port, something seemed wrong.
Just as people were starting to approach to see what happened (there was no radio contact before or after) the tarp started moving.
The next thing I saw was a large humanoid mech breaking free of restraints as it stood up, all the while letting out monstrous sounds.
Whatever it was something had gone horribly wrong and it was now out of control, some "things" started to also pour out of the ship.
We were being directed to take shelter while the faculty and senior students addressed the situation, even underground things sounded
too quite after a while... I remember fearing the worst and eventually started making my way to one of the bays where we kept our
own mechs, I never reached them while running through tunnels and hallways before I woke up.

Kind of feels like the intro to a battle anime where the main character saves either his school or himself while piloting some experimental
robot and then goes on to recieve recognition for his abilities or whatever, I really hate it when my dreams have the build up but no payoff.