Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

Re: Dreams

#1876 Post by Kellard »

TinyVoices wrote:snip
What the [censored]?

OT:
OK, so, lately my dreams are just a blurry mess the moment I wake up. Just like when you are fevered. It is very frustrating, because I feel desperate to dive back into it. I remember there was something serious going on, and I had to be there because I would be the one to take care of the problem.
In the morning, while i was still lying in bed and barely concious that I was kind of awake, I remember seeing a lot of markers. Like the ones that mark a point of interest in a map, but these where visible in a 3D aspect. What's even more strange is that I was seeing this from two perspectives: In first person in a 3D aspect, and third person from above in a 2D aspect.
The markers indicated points of interest of vital importance. I had to visit each of them, but I know no further than that.
The curiosity is killing me. What is it that has me so busy during my dreams?

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1877 Post by RennisTora »

Had a dream that I inherited some kind of large mansion/castle from a relative I'd never heard of before, there was even a funeral.
The longer I stayed in the place the more it felt like home until I realised something, most if not all of the servants there were
non-human with either being some kind of monster race or spirit or something else altogether and that I too was changing.
I wasn't so much becoming a monster as I was awakening some kind of power that had been dormant inside of me until
the whole inheritance thing happened, something to do with the bloodline and being more than just a legal inheritance.
I recall all kinds of beings like vampires, werewolves, elves, reanimated undead, and even more demonic beings.
The servants seemed to unanimously be okay with my being there since they served whomever was "the heir" but
there were those who more like acquaintances that had known the family for a very long time who didn't seem happy with me.
All in all it kind of felt like the bloodline that I inherited and had been chosen to head was to act like some kind of bridge
between the humans and non humans whether that be socially or simply physically/spiritually by existing.
It didn't seem like most people even knew about such things since I was more than a little surprised by it all,
the servants and acquaintances also seemed uneasy with waiting to see how I'd take it and respond.
I'd like to think I was doing good since I chose to stay and live there, though I did try to live a somewhat "normal" life
by still going out into the world when given the chance, I remember something about school but I'm not sure?
I'm trying to remember specific characters since there were some, there a was one of the acquaintances that was
either a male elf or vampire who would often question if I was cut out for all of this, there was a tall and grey haired man
who served as head steward but I can't seem to recall his name well, Mr. Frederik or something like that?
There was also an old couple among the acquaintances that were actually pretty nice, Mr. and Mrs. Fog I think it was?
They liked or maybe were responsible for telling stories about "the old days" some of which were helpful or insightful.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1878 Post by RennisTora »

Had another dream, this time it was with aliens rather than monsters.
The setting seemed to be in a world where we'd made contact with alien life and formed relations,
the aliens did however decide mankind needed to not only be protected from outside threats but also itself.
In hindsight it does sound a lot like Xcom2 though these aliens were more like 80's anime where they seemed human
more or less, kind of like a lot of anime demons in that respect where they basically have cosmetic changes.
Thankfully there's wasn't so much a hostile takeover as them winning us over on the grounds that we would
never win a war with them and that they would protect us from the more violent space faring species.
In return they gave us much more advanced technology and medicine, they were more than a little strict though.
Education and other fields were much more militaristic now in how observant they were about people, though
it seemed to be in order to make sure we would change as a people and maybe not destroy ourselves as they feared.
The dream seemed to be set 2 to 5 years after they showed up and began "helping" run things, could have been longer.
I was a teenager in high school (I can never escape, not even in my dreams...) and one of the activities I did at school
was learning to pilot, specifically a mech which is cool and all though we were only given simulators obviously.
Being more strict and militaristic had it's disadvantages of course such as people being blamed for things they didn't do
and getting punished before they can prove they didn't do it since saying "I didn't do it" is considered making excuses.
I remember something like that happening to me and one "instructor" in particular giving me [censored] until I was able to prove
them wrong about it, after which they were chewed out by their superior and I was given a chance to "redeem" myself.
The instructor in question was actually kind of hot to be honest, very "warrior lady" styled which is kind of my thing >w>
My method for redeeming myself was challenging her to a simulator battle which I knew she was proud of her skills in,
what she didn't know was that I was basically a prodigy for mech piloting so I kind of had an advantage.
The simulators were kind of like a mix between full sensory VR and augmented reality where it used the surrounding
terrain (though I imagine you could load pre-made ones) and would construct a virtual version of it for the battle.
I forget if I beat her or not since it was a little vague in the dream, probably because I was waking up.
What I do recall however is that I at least genuinely impressed her and that the match was a close call.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1879 Post by RennisTora »

And another, this time it was a dream about somehow finding myself in another alternate world of our own only it was all anthro beings.
It seemed to be just as modern as our own, just animal people instead of humans.
I remember a particular family that took me in and sheltered me though I'm not entirely certain why, I mean when you think about it?
Thinking back on it, maybe they had something to do with how I got there, the mother was very business woman like and professional
with a fancy car and big house in an expensive neighbourhood so maybe she was part of some project or otherwise?
They were feline and consisted of two members, the mother and her toddler of a daughter.
There didn't seem to be a father in the mix which looked to make things difficult since the mother worked a lot.
They really reminded me of :adira: and :maeve: although more of a tiger/lion cross than snow leopard, the mother especially
seemed more lion like while the daughter was more tiger like and she was SO adorable that words just fail me.
I remember the car ride from wherever she'd found me to the house, there wasn't much talking along the way.
I do recall her briefly explaining the situation to me though, about her and her daughter living along.
When I was introduced to the daughter she kind of hid behind her, eventually she seemed to warm up to me.
My daily routine became that of a nanny basically, looking after the girl and keeping the house in one piece while the mother was gone.
I remember cooking being a nightmare (thanks brain, couldn't have made it easy could you?) but the girl was mostly well behaved.
I recall one scene in particular that was me tucking her in one night, she seemed a little grumpy for some reason so I
tried cheering her up with different things ranging from stories to head pats until I realised her ear was bothering her.
It seemed like she been scratching at it too hard and it had scabbed in a small spot that was now hard to reach for her as well as hard to see.
I didn't so much pick at it as help rub it so it'd stop itching as badly, the mother had stepped into the doorway just as we finished
and the girl hugged me before saying goodnight, the mother had a look on her face that felt like she was happy but also
sad or otherwise depressed if only for the fact that the sight had made her happy if that makes any sense?
I mean looking back on it, it does makes sense especially if the lack of a husband was weighing on her more than just "he's not here".
I'm not sure when it happened but at some point I recall being able to go outside more, maybe something had happened and my
existence wasn't a big concern for them or what but whatever it was at least I could step out without feeling like I was hunted.
I still got looks mind you seeing as I was something alien to them, whether it was that we were both humanoid in shape with the
same amount of limbs and wore the same clothes OR something else entirely that I wasn't aware of, people seemed tolerant at least.
I'm not sure how much time passed, I swear that when I first met them the girl was still feeding but by the mid point or even end she
was more like a 5 year old at least, the mother also changed but more emotionally than physically in that the two of us seemed closer.
I remember what seemed like a date with just the two of us, we were at some place that wasn't too casual but not too fancy either?
There were two other individuals that stood out in particular, the first was just a random moth woman in a business skirt but the other
was far more "memorable" in his own way, while we were sitting and waiting for out food a man walked over to our table.
He was a tall muscular guy and the way the mother looked when he came over said everything, this man was her Ex.
He immediately started began laying into us, me for simply being there and what I was and how we looked right now, when I
didn't do more than glare at him unimpressed he moved on to her with the usual "how could you do that, what about BLAH BLAH BLAH"
and it wasn't until she really looked to of had a enough that he then felt the need to try and frigging flirt that I acted.
He had his hand on the table since he'd been gradually leaning in while the other guests just looked on in discontent,
I placed my hand on his very slowly and calmly though firmly with a calm smile on my face which seemed to throw him off.
He probably thought I'd try talking him off but no no, there was none of that now, with my left hand holding his firmly to the table
I then quickly brought my right hand over with the steak knife and stabbed it down between his fingers all while looking him in the eye.
Everything and everyone went quiet then, he backed off to say the least and feeling like the moment had been ruined we got up to leave
shortly after that without having eaten, on the way back which was mostly awkward silence she stopped and so did I to see why.
To not go into too much detail with the after bits, she jumped me then and there as I stumbled back into an alleyway.
I do recall some talking, words at least about her being glad I was there both for the restaurant and in general of my showing up.
I'm thinking maybe momma lion was a little pent up so to speak, but yeah so there was that, the dream ended shortly after.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1880 Post by RennisTora »

Almost forgot to come in and write this down, it was super short and stuff so that's probably why.
Had another dream with monster races and spirits, aside from a Ghostbusters vibe at one point it was non-noteworthy.
With exception that is to one character in particular, a VERY old (never say to her face) fox woman, nine tailed fox level.
She was very much the chatty and friendly grandmother type of temperament and after hearing that I liked to collect
odds and ends decided to show me her collection of bobbles and such, which dear god it was large...
One of the things that stood out to me was a coin stamped 1486 which appealed to me since I even collect coins.
I recall a lot of differently coloured glassware and such with some seeming very exotic almost more gem like than glass.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1881 Post by RennisTora »

Just remembered bits and pieces of something from last night, it was very violent...
There were super powers, mutants maybe, I think I recall X-Men references.
Something about a program in a lab, escapees, fighting, blood...
It wasn't a very enjoyable dream from what I can piece together.

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#1882 Post by Foxx Trotter »

I believe you should write a novel. It could become a #1 Bestseller.
Videre videnda.

Jonesy
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#1883 Post by Jonesy »

A couple of nights ago, I dreamed I was back at school (high school age and friends, but physically at primary school), sitting at lunch with one of my old groups. A few people go over to sit with another group nearby, which we don't pay much attention to. But suddenly everyone around us stops, including some workmen, when we realize that those people disappeared. Apparently that group was causing people to disappear fairly regularly, and we were starting to get weirded out.

Last night, I dreamed I was in an idea I've had floating around my head for a story setting, for a Lucasfilm Alien Chronicles-inspired setting about a powerful alien empire facing collapse from an increasingly brutal slave revolt, the desperate remnant of another civilization in the process of being assimilated, and a behind-the-scenes cold war with humanity. I was in the empire's capital city like it was part of a game combining Fallout (particularly based on the in-game map) and Watch Dogs (third-person perspective, hacking gameplay and even DeadSec QR codes for some reason). Eventually, I made my way from the northeast area down the 'map border' down to the southeast corner, over a river. There, in an abandoned waterfront facility, was the revel HQ. I was on good terms with them, and chatted to a couple of them sitting outside.

DocCralioc
Citizen

#1884 Post by DocCralioc »

Funny Story:
I am actually moving in my bed when I am dreaming. I realized it last night when I was dreaming that I would slip away and fall down. My legs moved forward rapidly and I woke up.
My legs moved in the dream and in reality. It fascinates me a lot.
(I don't know if this counts too)

Shockfrost
Traveler

#1885 Post by Shockfrost »

I've been dreaming of the world of Twokinds lately. The first one, four days or so ago, was me (with no hearing, just sight) catching sight of a bright orange patch of fur and some high power source... I thought on it when I wrote it down that morning and determined it must have been Keith, one of the first scenes.

The next night I had no vision, only hearing, and I remember having a strong dislike of what I was with no idea what it was at first. I heard some conversation on 'feeling ill' or something. Raised voices, a male voice that sounded somewhat feline. I eventually figured I must have been in Nat's PoV.

The next night I barely got any sleep, so I didn't dream. But the night after I dreamed, with full sensory ability, of a few... scenes from 2K that aren't entirely appropriate, as well as the... aftermath results. I woke up that morning feeling queasy.

Flora and her 'little one'.

Being male in life I was somewhat traumatized by that, felt so real. But I also somewhat held onto that feeling longest.
Through vigilance and strength, we create peace.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#1886 Post by Hayate »

I woke up this morning feeling very angry. I got right out of bed as if I had something to do but I have no idea what I was dreaming about. It took me a few minutes to calm down. I felt like I was on fire and my heart was beating super fast. I really want to know what made me so mad, but at the same time I guess it doesn't matter because it wasn't real :/

[Jan24]
Well it's just happened again. I woke up in the middle of the night and just felt this strong anger. I can't remember what I was dreaming about again either. I felt so mad I just wanted to scream and I was literally shaking. I'm still not even calm as I'm writing, I can feel my heart beating fast still. It's super frustrating not being able to remember why I feel like this. I can't even imagine what I was dreaming about. Tbh I'm only writing this in a hope it will calm me down and I can get back to sleep.
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1887 Post by RennisTora »

Had a dream that started in some kind of academy like setting, wandering around doing the daily grind, my character cliche seemed to be that I had a dependency or at least semi-addiction to sour candies and the like, always checking the vending machines for the newest sour craze.
After a while I stumbled across some kind of service entrance like area that was "staff only" but of course my adventurous spirit was strong
so I ignored the signs and took a look around before ultimately leaving, I heard/saw someone so I began sneaking out.
Somehow they found out regardless and the next time I woke up I was in some kind of holding cell, my first was detention but then it
seemed obvious this far more serious than "see me after class" level [censored], it turned out to be some kind of lab.
They were running experiments on students but only the ones they could justify taking such as those expelled who "ran away" from home after
or in my case, those who ventured where they were not meant to venture and apparently "saw too much" despite having seen little to nothing...
Over the course of the experiments I began to show signs of genetic mutation and developed powers, specifically early superman like powers
such as nigh-invulnerability and the strength to break through steel and concrete, no flying but over time learning to jump really well but
not super speed or anything else like heat beams or X-ray vision, needless to say it was cool but also worrying since it seemed like they
weren't in the business of making super heroes so much as trying to learn more about genetic manipulation and such via "study".
I was either going to be kept indefinitely for study or dissected (heh, good luck with that) so I decided it was a nice place to visit but not live
and promptly began getting the F out of dodge one wall/door at a time, I found a girl who hadn't developed powers like I had and offered
her the chance to leave with me, she agreed and we made out way out the seemingly government funding level facility.
I remember a lot of gunfire at times, mainly directed at me since it seemed like they wanted the girl alive.
There was a point when a guy pulled out an Uzi or machine pistol and started unloading when she was right next to me, the others
in his group didn't seem to like that any more than we did judging by their responses, I stood there until the clip was empty
and then got up close and personal with him grabbing the gun and crunching it up along with his trigger finger, I then picked him up
off his feet and tossed him over a counter and into a wall, he didn't get up after that, I was pissed as you might have guessed.
Someone said "you just threw a dwarf!" to which I replied "No, he was like 5 foot, that's not dwarf height, maybe 4 would be".
After what felt like years of wandering with bits of a montage of drifting about while evading capture, we came to understand that
some of the people chasing us weren't really interested in the whole "enslave people for test subjects" thing and actually tried to help us.
We were told that a section broke off and was trying to either reason with the others or all together take them down if needed.
The two of us (the girl and I) got closer over time, I may have even started to feel a bit romantic about it, not sure about her.
I recall the splinter group that was trying to help us explained that, the main target was the girl and that the reason was that
after the experiments performed on her, she did have a new ability albeit not one she herself benefits from.
Her blood or maybe it was simply a new chemical her body creates acts like some kind of cure all, which as you'd expect is invaluable.
The main issue being it would mean being hooked up to machines for the rest of her life until they can replicate it else-wise, non of
which would be pleasant for her since after they were done they'd no longer need her alive...
At some point we had been separated, we'd been ambushed or the like and they managed to take me in, maybe gas or something?
I woke up in some kind of facility again except that this time it was VERY high tech, we were in some kind of flying ship (unbeknownst to me).
The whole thing seemed alien and even some of the staff or crew were like those of us in the lab with mutations, though
unlike the girl and myself who only changed on the inside, these "people" were changed even on the outside...
I was very not okay with this development and promptly began getting the F out of dodge once more, this new high tech facility
offered more resistance than the first one had though in the end it wasn't enough on their part, just as I was smashing my way to freedom
everything began shaking and then the perspective of the dream switched to the outside where the girl and other group still were.
The ship that now looked like some kind of alien design with organic like movements almost like a fish or dragon began to crash into
the ground with a warning sounding out like it was over a loud speaker about "flight system malfunction" or the like (no duh).
I came crashing out the top of the ship and while in the air saw them, so I made my way over as best I could.
With perspective still on the girl and other group a figure appeared, they seemed familiar with the girl, when they stepped out of the
shadows speaking with a French accent and saying they had known each other in the lab the figure was revealed to what I can only
describe as looking something like Renamon though slightly more human for... proportions.
I showed up and perspective switched back for me, I remember seeing the figure and kind of flustering a little (can't hide from the subconscious).
Along with the others I'd seen on the ship and now the woman, it seemed obvious they had made strides in their genetic research.
While standing there, with an arm around the girl protectively given what had just happened, we listened to what the fox woman had to say.
She was still with the main group who ran the lab(s) and was tasked with retrieving the girl with one of the few audible things I recall
enough to quote being "it's funny how much changes in 4 years, isn't it?" suggesting that's how long we'd been running.
We were then greeted with another surprise, the ships defences had malfunctioned along with other systems only instead of turning off
they were on full alert, on top of that the power source was running far too high and needed to be stopped.
With the safety of the surrounding area at stake I agreed (albeit begrudgingly) to help stop the ship from going nuclear, I made my way
back towards and into the ship with the crew all around as I recall saying "I'm trying to help so I'd appreciate it if you stopped shooting"
in an annoyed tone since they couldn't really hurt me, after speaking with the main crew that hadn't died in the crash, it was made clear
that they couldn't power down the reactor remotely any more and the defences wouldn't respond all together.
I was given a card to plug into the main controls for the power source and was tasked with taking out the defences along the way
since they were no longer differentiating between friend and foe like they were supposed to.
I was making my way through an almost office like space and was trying to spit out some super sour gum (it returns!) since it was
making me talk a little funny and well, communication is key in these kinds of situations.
While making my way around a corner and being shot at by turrets I even showed some level of kindness and pulled one guy back
before his face could be shot off, I woke up before reaching the core though so who knows what would have happened?
Thinking back on it, as OP as I seemed it kind of made sense in that they were still in the early stages and didn't intend for it.
So now I was some super powerful force they couldn't control (surprise surprise, teens don't like slavery) and they couldn't replicate the effect.
I remember the sour gum genuinely tasting really sour and man does it make me want some now, I really do like sour stuff.

There was a shorter dream before that about some kind of dinosaur apocalypse with survival and weapons, it was not fun.
Living in constant fear of being somethings snack, I remember hiding in loose soil just to avoid being seen/found by some
large carnivore of T-rex or likewise description which was nerve-racking to say the least...
I remember being armed with a knife and hatchet trying to fend off a raptor, not a fun dream!

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#1888 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

RennisTora wrote:There was a shorter dream before that about some kind of dinosaur apocalypse with survival and weapons, it was not fun.
Living in constant fear of being somethings snack, I remember hiding in loose soil just to avoid being seen/found by some
large carnivore of T-rex or likewise description which was nerve-racking to say the least...
I remember being armed with a knife and hatchet trying to fend off a raptor, not a fun dream!
I had a dream kind of like that once.

Imagine a cross-country Cloverfield, but with a T-Rex (or a spinosauraus, can't remember) It was always around the area I was, and we (I was in a group) were always trying to get away from it. At one point we hid in a Blockbuster (this I do remember), and it still tried to get us by sticking its head through the door, but since we were in the back it couldn't get us and just left.

Shockfrost
Traveler

#1889 Post by Shockfrost »

The other day during school while I was under the effects of Zero Sleep I had snatches of a singular daydream.

Can you imagine yourself armored in a full powered armorsuit (hereafter, the Power Suit) with everyone in your class or school or workplace rushing you all at once due to the usage of said Power Suit? It's kind of a scary thought, especially as I know what the Suit is capable of, and in the 'dream' I was incapable of lifting the Arm Cannon, even. Being rushed is kinda scary.
Through vigilance and strength, we create peace.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#1890 Post by TinyVoices »

I had a dream last night where I read a furry porno that consisted of two roommates living in an apartment together. They were both guys, but I dunno the species. One of them was pretty promiscuous and easy going, while the other was a dork.

The easy going guy looked super feminine. He would bring over friends and they'd drink and eat pizza or whatever and watch movies together. He'd bring over like a couple guy friends and maybe a girl friend or two. So at any time there was anywhere between like 3 and 6 people basically, including the easy going guy. And then after the movie they'd all go into the guy's room and have an orgy.

The shy roommate kinda hated having to wait for the shower to be freed up whenever they went into there, and overall felt disgusted by how his roommate lives. At one point the promiscuous dude offers to have sex with the dorky dude. The dorky guy feels so uncomfortable that he leaves the apartment for the night.

It was about here in the porn that me "reading" it kinda made me realize that I was maybe somewhere where people could see what I was looking at, so I got up and went to a different room to keep reading it.

The dorky dude was in some summer college courses so the dream followed him to there. He looked over his schedule and arrived at the building. The college had a branch in his town but it was basically one three story building that looked really new. It was even in the middle of nowhere because the surrounding buildings hadn't been built yet. I was able to tell that the building was freshly painted a sort of dark, slightly orangish yellow on the first floor. Then the second floor was a bit smaller than the first, and was painted a more solid orange. Then the third floor was the same size as the second, and colored the same as well. Odd that I noticed all this :P

So the nerdy dude goes in and starts trying to find his first class. Second floor room 228 or something like that. He has a bit of time after finding it, so he goes looking for his next class to know where it is. He finds out that the "third floor" is really just a platform on the second floor, and up on the third floor was just a collection of computers at desks. Sort of an open concept computer lab of sorts rather than a third floor. But it was an interesting if not wasteful way to design the building.

That area of the second floor had no classes on the inner loop of the building, and the outer loop didn't have a class where the staircase from 1st floor to 2nd, and 2nd up to the 3rd floor platform were. So on the second floor's inner loop, instead of classes you could see out into the emptiness of the building. Like basically the second floor just had a tall cieling there, and you could see that behind the 1st floor's inner loop was a cafeteria. So you're up on the balcony, looking down to the 1st floor's cafeteria, and looking up at the 3 story tall cieling of nothingness. Weird.

The dorky guy continues to go find his second class, and reaches the back corner of the second floor. It seems like all the computer language classes were in the front of the building on the second floor, while the language courses like English and French were on the back end of the second floor. (And on the first floor near the front entrance were the math classes.) He figured this from what was posted outside on bulliten boards in those areas, and also because the students around the language part were practicing French or something with each other. This area of the building was oddly poorly lit compared to the rest of the building. The lights were still evenly spaced like the rest of the building, but they just weren't all turned on over here.

Dorky guy feels lost and confused, because he doesn't think he'll be taking a language course this summer, but his schedule says his second class will be back there. Then he also realises that his printed schedule is all 5 of the classes he wanted to take that summer. The first one was about to start in like 10 minutes, yeah. But his second course started next month. So this month he only had that one class. Next month two, and then the final month he had the last two. So he had time to figure out where his classes actually were, but in the meantime it kinda sucked that this first class started at 9 am, ended at 11 am, and he had nothing else to do all day for this month of summer. He started walking back to the front of the building, and that's when the dream ended.

(Why a yiff comic focused so much on this guy and his classes, I got no clue. They barely even went into detail about the promiscuous guy's love life, though there were some scenes I omitted more or less. : P )