Dreams

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Butterscotch
Master

Re: Dreams

#1891 Post by Butterscotch »

I do not often remember my dreams, but this one was strange. I had to travel to America to a town called Brooklet in Iowa (Doubt it's a real town) to fulfil some sort of family destiny? When I got there, I discovered that the town hasn't existed from the 1950s? I gathered clues and had to follow train tracks for some reason? Then I woke up.
The Scottish Dograccoon!

Gimme trash.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#1892 Post by Warrl »

There is a Brooklet, GA, but apparently not one in Iowa.

Of course, it can be hard to find anything about non-noteworthy tiny towns that ceased to exist more than 50 years ago... so maybe...

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1893 Post by RennisTora »

It feels like it's been a while again, been having that thing happen where I either don't have very long dreams to remember, or they're VERY unpleasant and simply don't wish to dedicate them to memory...

This dream from last night wasn't exactly pleasant but, it wasn't terrible either and it seemed kind of interesting?
I swear the whole thing felt very 40's detective, though later not so much, god I can't write this without sounding
like some old time private eye in my thoughts, think Nick Valentine from Fallout 4 for reference.

I was working as an assistant or otherwise working under another, directly under my boss who was an investigator.
Specifically we were investigators of the paranormal/supernatural variety, he reminded me of Eddy Valiant from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
He'd taken a case from a woman claiming to have inherited a haunted house, she wanted us to see if it could be saved.
Right from the start I didn't get a good feeling about her, the way she ignored me altogether but was stuck to my bosses side.
Sure she might prefer older, bigger, gruffer men but it felt like something else, almost like she had plans and I didn't fit into them.
I protested going with an unknown he'd just met, let alone to a place he's never been, even if she did have legs for days.
Taking a client along to a clean and sweep type job wasn't very much like him either, could always end up dangerous.
In the end I put my foot down and got left on the curb as the two of them took off in her car instead of ours, another flag.
Way I figured it the old man knew how to handle himself, he'd been doing this since he was my age after all.
Thought visiting town for a short while before heading over to this "haunted" house of hers, didn't take long for things to go tits up.
Walking down the street when I see an old man carrying a dog, looked like it had a home but he was sure it'd prefer his place, either-way
it wasn't my business even if I did plan on letting the cops know about it, there I was when another old fellow asked me for the time.
I reached for my pocket watch but it was dead, unwound spring most likely, then I felt another ticking in my other pocket.
Reached in and pulled out an older looking watch (at the time I knew it had belonged to my grandfather) and just as I read the time
I remembered something, this watch never worked from the day I got, with exception that is to when something unnatural is going down.
(I assume it was somehow made or enchanted to detect magic or the like, at the time I knew it was because I'd taken the whole paranormal
investigator thing from him, continuing the family business it seemed like)
Just then I heard what sounded like a parade or festival going on down the main street, seemed odd since it wasn't holiday I knew about.
Made my over to the corner and I could see people elbow to elbow lining the street as more people just marched along dancing.
Didn't take long for me to get that feeling when the hair on the back of your neck stands up telling you to get the F out of Dodge.
I remember getting swept up in the crowd before I could run, there was music and dancing and singing, food, drink, everyone was
going about like they'd lost their minds and just started doing whatever felt good at the time, like they'd lost all sense of restraint.
I eventually broke free of the chaos and hid in an empty lot near some long abandoned shed you practically see though.
Something was way off and I was willing to bet that woman and her odd air had something to do with it, I remember seeing something
that sparked the thought aside from my own personal opinions, a crystal half buried in the dirt that when I pulled it out had
something embedded in it, not carved, but right inside of it, it was a crest that looked like the one on the paperwork for that "haunted" house.

Just as I began saying "oh [censored]" to myself I woke up, felt things were about to go down.
After laying there for a bit, I could totally see the whole thing as a comic book unfolding in my head.
Mid 20th century theme with paranormal investigation, unappreciated understudy who saves the day.
Way I figured it, the woman would turn out to be a succubus or something, charmed the boss.
The townspeople acting like they'd lost all control would be do to some ritual she performed.
Her plan would of been to take us, or least my boss out of the picture pretending to be a client.
In the end we'd just barely manage to stop what was going on, then a bunch of men in suits would show up
and I or we would get drafted into some government agency like a paranormal version of Men In Black...
Would of been nice if the dream had actually had an ending, but at least it as interesting instead of horrifying.

The funny thing is, I do have a pocket watch that recently stopped working, battery went dead, need to replace it.
I also have an older watch my Grandfather had, it never works right but sometimes, it just starts ticking again...

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1894 Post by RennisTora »

Had a short dream about a "what if" scenario where instead of Harrison Ford being cast for Han Solo, it was Burt Reynolds...
The funny thing is, I can kind of see it to be fair, both have played main characters that are the ladies man type, shoot first ask later as well.
And just think, if that had been the case, we might have had memes like "TFW, you're not sure who's harrier, Han or Chewy?".

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1895 Post by RennisTora »

Had another one, somewhere between short and medium in length/details, for my dreams anyway, it feels longer written then when it happened.

I was in high school (again, seriously brain, let it go) and in particular I was taking part in some shop class, there were memory elements but over all it was fictional, my brain must of taken bits and pieces from my real school and then filled in the rest.
Anyway, I remember something about a welt or otherwise mark made on my arms, it burned rather than stung.
I remember it staying for quite a while, and that there was something odd about it at one point, it looked almost like stone at one point briefly, like it had gotten hard, when I noticed and tried to show someone it had changed back to normal though?
Time passed and what was either after school or another day all together, I went to visit a friend.
For some reason he was living in a tent in winter, either a hardcore survivalist or "between homes"?
Anyway, we were hanging out when I felt my marks (both forearms) began burning again, but instead of simple pain it was like I was being told something important, as if I was being guided somewhere, I kept quite about it and went for a walk while my friend stayed in his tent.
I stumbled upon what looked like some kind of small cave, the kind you'd have to crawl into, and inside was something unexpected.
Inside, on the cold stone and dirt floor was a large pole-axe of some kind, almost like a halberd but not quite?
When I got up to it and touched it, the burning in my arms stopped suddenly, taking it as some kind of strange sign I took the axe.
I made my way back to my friends tent with axe in awkward hand since it was about 2 to 3 feet taller than I was (with me being 6'1).
When I got back he was inside so I said out loud "hey dude, I found something weird and cool, come check it out!" which got his attention.
When he came out his expression changed between "why do you have an axe?" "why is it so big?" "that's cool" "that's awesome!"
"man now I want one!". (he's always been silly, we both are to be fair)
The axe was heavy but seemed almost lighter somehow from when I first picked it up (I had to drag it out of the cave do to hunched posture)?
When I sat it in outstretched hands to see how heavy I was talking about, he went from "wow, that IS heavy" to "oh god, why is this so heavy?" to needing to let go of it before it brought him to the ground, as soon as it landed in my hands again it felt lighter, we were both dumbfounded obviously.
Just as I was starting to formulate possible ideas as to why this was, we heard something no camper wants to hear, multiple, nearby wolf howls...
In the distance I could see what looked like grey or white wolves running towards us through the snow, I told him to get in the tent.
I took some steps and then began swinging the axe around in an aggressive rather than graceful manner, trying to scare them off.
It didn't work, they kept coming until they were about to enter swinging range, not wanting to die as well wanting to protect my friend, I attacked.
The first swing missed so I went for a thrust (it was more of a pole-arm after all) which barely grazed one, when another leaped closer I swung
the off hand around for a pommel (butt?) strike and knocked the wolf aside into the snow, before it got back up I brought the axe down on it.
The whole time the burning in my arms had returned, intensifying as I fought on, it was such a strange sensation.
The fight continued like that until there were 2 (3?) dead wolves on the ground, blood soaking into the snow around them...
Before I could really catch my breath, something else showed up, this time it was a number of small humanoids.
They didn't stop to talk but instead attacked, the fight went on for a while, the burning sensation spread until it felt like my whole body was on fire.
Just when things were taking a turn for the worse (I was outnumbered after all, and with a weapon I had no training with) the axe like myself,
began burning as well, until it literally started burning like magic, as if in queue with the fire, the axe also became lighter, before then
it had remained somewhat unwieldy either do to my own inexperience or it's size.
After that I was able to make short work of the numbers that remained not chopped in half, up until then everything had been very
realistic and harsh, hitting the enemies felt heavy and visceral, but once the axe became magic for loss of a better word, the blows
became lighter since I was no longer relying on brute impact for my blows but rather, it cut almost effortlessly on these small soft targets.
When it was over there was a lot of blood on the snow, yet none seemed to have stained the axe, maybe the fire burned it off?
My friend finally came out of the tent after I gave the all clear and things got awkward real fast, such as "oh god, why is there so much blood?"
"why are there people bodies too!?" "wait those aren't people are they?" "is that racist?" "why is your axe on fire?" "now I REALLY want one!".
At the time, it felt like I had an idea of what the axe was, like it resembled something from myth or legend, can't remember now for the
like of me though, I could swear it was something to do with Nordic culture, though who knows what influenced that, Skyrim maybe.
While we stood there talking about what the absolute frack had just been happening, another group of short humanoids showed up, yet different.
They didn't look like odd inhuman things (the ones before were somewhere between Harry Potter house elf and albino goblins) but rather
like short humans, hairy short people with armour and weapons, I remember nudging my friend like "some Tolkien [censored] right here".
They didn't seem hostile like those that came before them, they almost seemed cautious if not respectful?
(might of had to do with how I'd already made a habit of standing the axe up handle on ground, showing it's height?)
They started with some light introductions, followed by heavy plot about the axe being special, and it choosing me made me special etc.
I recall something similar to the how Mjölnir is said to choose it's master being the reason that no one else could move it?
It was then things started falling into place in my head, I was certain about the weapons identity as some god weapon, again not sure which now.
These people introduced themselves as Dwarves (fantasy, not little people) and said they would take me to where I was needed, they held out
a ring or something of that nature you could hold in your palm and maybe wear, it began glowing and then beaming light.
Everything after that is blurry, hard to make out if it happened or I'm thinking it did after the fact like with some dreams.
I recall something about my friend stepping forward like "don't think you can ditch me THAT easily" or the like.
I fell like other people were there too though, even though that doesn't make sense (when do dreams make sense though eh?).
Something cheesy like "don't forget your wizard, or your rogue, or your healer!" as they stepped into the light or some such???

I decided to look it up, and there is one Norse god, Forseti, who is depicted with an axe in particular, he's seen as a god of
law and justice with the idea of fair judgement and swift sentences... (Almost like, cleaving someone in half?)
There is also some cases of Thor being depicted with an axe rather than a hammer, more that he ALSO uses such things really.
Nothing about a flaming axe though from what I could dig up, curious all the same from my perspective.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1896 Post by RennisTora »

Had a dream I was drafted into some kind of criminal syndicate or otherwise group without concern for the law.
Reminded me heavily of the anime Sekai Seifuku: Bōryaku no Zuvizudā?, or "World Conquest: Stratagem Star" though nowhere
near as silly and comedic, though still slightly silly with some jokes here or there, not sure if we were as ambitious plot wise though.
I remember playing the part of a henchman or otherwise low level employee, I wore padding and a flack vest of some kind, all black.
My weapons were... To be announced, I was very new to the program and they didn't seem to have great funding, I remember using a crowbar?
There was one particularly silly moment where we were stealing something from a competitor who were basically pirates, I recall One Piece references?
I remember having to beat a small talking animal with the crowbar, thankfully the scene was more comedic than it was serious or gritty.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1897 Post by RennisTora »

Had a lengthy dream about what seemed like real life Fallout 4, I was in power armour and discovering then exploring some old hospital kind of place.
The whole structure was infested with feral ghouls and once I ran out of ammo with my 10mm SMG I pulled out a beefier looking version of the Ripper.
The more I explored the more it seemed like some kind of asylum rather than just a hospital, padded rooms and odd machines around.
It was all a very visceral experience, at one point I was rushed by a tougher feral and the Ripper got stuck, I had to use both hands to force
it through and it just disgustingly chewed through the ghoul, thank god for power armour and air filtration systems...
Eventually I ran into a group of armed people that seemed to be what was left of the facilities staff turned ghoul.
They were still there trying to find a way to treat the ferals, whether that was some kind of cure or simply keeping them there.
Trying to keep them from hurting themselves or others, I remember one guy in particular wearing what looked like either a white
Chinese Stealth Suit or a more battle ready version of the radiation/hazmat suit and carrying a some kind of plasma rifle.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1898 Post by RennisTora »

Well there's something new, no one else had posted in a while?.. Moving on.

Had a short dream about being in high school (again, what the hell brain?) and being in a club based around wreck diving, scuba diving ship wrecks and other ruined things.
There was something about an oddly well intact ancient Japanese ship, something about gold gilding and religious origins, something about a creepy feeling and sense of not being wanted.
I remember while diving beside the ship and after placing my hands against the wood hull and hearing (like, in my ears/head, not so much from the ship?) a clear sound of knuckles rapping on wood.
When I realised it was too loud and clear to be the sound of something underwater, and when no one else seemed to hear it, I tried to move away but it felt like hands were stuck to the wood.
I remember this horribly heavy feeling in my gut, like I could FEEL the sense of "I shouldn't be here, I need to leave, why aren't I leaving!?" before someone else came over.
I forget the exact nature of how it ended, but I was able to free my hands after said person came over, maybe they put a hand on my shoulder?
I was convinced it was haunted and wanted nothing more to do with the dive.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1899 Post by RennisTora »

Had a dream about finding some kind of artifact while visiting a pawn/antique shop, it was small with antiqued bronze looking metal parts and had a crystal of some kind embedded in it, it was small enough fit in my hand.
( Attempted to doodle it, not happy with it but, it's the best I can do, sort of looks like an ornate metal potato or egg https://www.dropbox.com/s/1lji8bvpraox3 ... m.png?dl=0 )

I was looking at it while the shop owner who was a friend told me about how it came to be in the shop, something like it had been there since the beginning or something, very long time sort of thing.
After noticing what looked like grooves and markings, I got to thinking it might be a puzzle thing or something of that nature, so I started fiddling with it a little, guy seemed cool about it too.
After a bit it seemed like the crystal responded or something like that and before I realized it, everything felt very wonky like I was going to fall over without warning followed by a blinding light.
When it stopped and I was on a knee or two trying to brace my myself against the counter with a hand I realized that the counter was no longer there, I was no longer in Kansas so to speak.
As I tried to get my bearings and things came into focus I noticed there were more people standing around than had been in the shop, everything was silent save for awkward shuffling.
That soon ended as I was assaulted both by questions and armed guards, I remember being in a small room that reminded me of a police interrogation.
I was being accused of something but not sure what it was at the time, I was explaining what happened as best I could, the shop, the item, the light and wobbliness.
Once part of their team identified the antique as being truly alien in origin, highly advanced, and ancient which raised many questions, they started to ease up on me a little.
The people I was now in the company of, despite being clearly alien as I was somehow teleported somewhere looked remarkably human, sort of like how we had common ancestors at one point, maybe they share them.
(That or my brain was lazy and just made them look human, we may never know :p)
I was shown two sides in who were bound up in a conflict, one was a space fairing people with scarce supplies and resources while the other lived primarily on one planet with abundant nature and resources.
Neither were truly evil or good in the sense that both just wanted to live, but I'm going to say that the people with spaceships trying to demand food and such from the otherwise peaceful people planet-side were the bad guys here.
Propaganda abound, be it the space folk with stuff like "they hoard it to themselves when it could feed both sides for generations to come!" or the planet folk "they would take the food from your child's plate as they eat!" and so forth...
I wasn't really sure what to do any-more, I was just trying to not get myself shot for "treason" while figuring out what was going on and who I should side with.
I remember a scene with some kind of lab and them running tests on the artifact, they determined that it had some manner of self awareness or at least didn't want them using it as it refused to function for them.
Eventually they found a way of "convincing" it to work and before I knew it, I along with a couple people from that group were being transported back to Earth with me as some kind of ambassador or such.
There was a lot confusion that I can recall, least of all was me back at the shop with the owner [censored] himself (figuratively, I think) at the sudden surprise visit, also with how I'd left last time.
I recall them hijacking some kind of array so they could manage limited communications with their ship in deep space, I also remember trying to explain the situation to different government people.
In the end I'm not sure what was going to happen, on the one hand they now knew where Earth was but with more than one planet to "barter" with they wouldn't have to take as much from one?
The dream fizzled out shortly after that, I remember the person that they made contact with didn't look human at all on the monitor, more like a reptilian race of some kind?

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1900 Post by RennisTora »

Had two dreams I can recall clearly enough to really write about, both were sci-fi in a sense though one more than the other.

1. A dream about having a dream, at multiple points I would feel not quite dizzy but rather like I was remembering/realizing things throughout the dream as they happened, like something ominous followed by the event itself.
The whole thing started with me having some kind of dream about the end of the world, an alien invasion of some kind, cities burning, the sky growing red like it was on fire, standard end times stuff.
Then I was "awake" and running around trying to figure out what the hell was going on, determined that it wasn't just a dream and that I had seen things to come, I started trying to remember key details.
With the help of a local cop, and wannabe Scoobi Do type detective with a short bus, and a legit government agent, we were tracking down clues to the location of something I'd seen in my "vision".
They didn't know I had seen these things in a dream but rather thought I was somehow made privy to such information in some way, we found a storage shed and inside was a locker.
In the dream there was something very important inside of the locker but I didn't know what, someone in the group (the cop I think) had been there before but was never given a key for the locker.
Agreeing this all seemed suspicious and possibly what we were looking for, we focused on trying to find a way into said locked container.
Once open we found what seemed like some kind gadget, be it alien in origin or top level human tech, no way of knowing for certain but soon after we grabbed it something big started happening.
We ran outside to see the sky turning red, not like a sunset though, it had this ominous and unnatural sense of "what the f**k is happening" that no sunset could muster.
I recall saying out-loud "oh god, it's just like the dream, we have to-" to which at least one of them (probably the cop or agent) responded with "wait, what do you mean DREAM?" as we hurried to the bus.
As we hurried along to wherever we were going (maybe we were just running?) I was trying to explain what I meant about a dream, they seemed sceptic but considering we found the thing and the sky happening,
they were more inclined to believe me rather than think I was crazy or making it up, then what looked like a cloud began to descend around the area, we quickly saw it was made up of these almost praying mantis like
things that were either very alien looking or just robotic though I'm leaning towards organic since they squished rather than crushed, we started shouting to shut the windows.
At least one made it in part way before I mid-air punched it back out the window and slammed it shut saying something like "piss off!" though I'm tempted to think it was "bug off" because one-liners...
There was one in the bus and I recall taking jabs at it, it seemed focused on the item we had recovered but then spoke more or less, whether it was speaking or something was speaking through it I don't know.
It landed on the wall and tried to do something, I forget what exactly, I took the initiative and punched it as hard as I could feeling it break against the wall, it was still moving so I kept punching and then tossed it out.

I don't recall a whole lot after that clearly, something about hiding with a shotgun while a creature resembling something between a warrior bug from Starship Trooper and a Chryssalid from the Xcom franchise...
I also recall something about a store with us and other hurrying for supplies, something about these humanoid aliens that could assume the form of others, key being they couldn't act just like them on the fly.

2. A dream that was like a real life Fallout game, the weapons/vehicles/items were more like real world things but there were still super mutants and deathclaws etc.
I was with my 3rd eldest brother and my best bud, the 3 of use were trying to make it to some settlement, whole thing seemed based off Fallout4 most, but with changes.
There were times when we commented on game mechanics and rather than be crazy I'd like to think we were playing some kind of "perfect" VR Fallout game with realistic graphics etc.
One of us had a rifle with a scope and bayonet along with a pistol, another had a shotgun and magnum, and the other had salvaged power armour and was using melee mostly.
We saw mutants and decided to sneak out way around, then saw a deathclaw and hid in a house, a pack of dogs and some mutant hounds showed up and we fought them.
We were searching the place while we were there, I found an alarm clock that looked more normal and took out its "nuclear" battery saying we could get some nuclear material out of it.
While out on one of those porch/deck things outside a an upper floor window I couldn't see the deathclaw, but I did see super mutants rolling up in jerry-rigged golf carts from a nearby golf course camp.
There was a lot of shooting and weapons going dry, then a LOT of running with us eventually making it to the settlement where we saw other groups waiting to get inside.
I remember needing to take my bayonet off before putting my rifle away for realism, and just us putting out weapons away in general since safe area.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1901 Post by RennisTora »

Had a dream about wondering/running around inside of some building, it was a super confusing and no mater how hard I looked I couldn't find any exit.
By the end I had found friends who were also trying to escape this prison like building and so we ran together trying to find a way out.
After nearly giving up hope I found it, an and old and not terribly inviting set of doors with an exit sign above them, figured it was better than nothing.
Someone tried to stop me for whatever reason, I think they had been following me through the building, not sure why honestly.
I ran at the door and jump kicked them, they were very old and rickety so they gave under my weight and the guy was knocked back.
Then I was standing just passed the doorway looking into darkness, there was a long tunnel before me gradually sloping down.
I didn't have much time to ponder since the [censored] was getting back up so I just went for it, what was a gradual slope became a slide.
I was moving through near pure darkness and just as I was thinking "I made it, I can finally get out of this place!" I noticed something.
Quickly I started seeing discarded things like old shoes, clothes, and altogether garbage, then I saw something grim, bodies.
They were all different but most were shrivelled or near mummified, there were just straight up skeletons and skulls strewn about as well.
Then I saw something, it came from everywhere like smoke or slime, it was some kind of ghostly entity (I think pink?) and I had to beat it away.
After that came something else strange and terrifying, a deer headed figure (it was dark and happened fast) standing there as I slid closer.
I thought it was going to attack me but it didn't, it just let me pass by without even looking my way, I kept going and things only got worse.
As I moved through the tunnel it had become all bones and trash, no longer a stone or brick tunnel of human design.
I could feel something trying to wash over me, like it was coming up out of the filth and clinging, it felt wrong and I could try to pull it off.
As if a life time later I had finally reached the end of the tunnel, there was another door that, for a moment I feared was locked.
I could see the outside passed it do to glass of some kind, without hesitating I flung it open and ran through, tripping onto the ground as it closed behind me.
I sat there for a bit trying to catch my breath and then I realised I was alone, I turned to look for my friends but could see them, I ran up to the door
and it was locked from the other side, as I stood there trying to make sense of things a woman became visible out the corner of my eye.
I turned expecting something else to jump out at me but she just sat there on the ground atop a blanket looking confused.
When she asked where I had come from I of course tried to explain, though it seemed to confuse her more.
I skipped the obviously not important part of the building and instead talked about finding the exit door, that I had then been falling down a tunnel
and encountered all the strange things I had, she then asked me if I had fought back against the strange things.
I told that I had to, they kept trying to hurt me or worse, why wouldn't someone fight against such things, they were dead, undead even.
She looked contemplative and then said "then you also fought with the gazelle headed man?" to which I said no and then she looked VERY surprised.
I explained and she muttered to herself "he didn't stop him?.." to which I was very confused obviously, then I saw more people suddenly.
It was like I had been standing near a village or something of that nature, I walked with the woman further in as she had decided to trust me.
(everyone seemed very native/aboriginal as did the village, not sure which culture though? Not African though, since they were more dark tanned than actually black.)
The others were a bit sceptic of me being there at first, didn't blame them to be honest, I didn't even know how I was there, aside the obvious.
They were building some kind of structure and I helped by pointing out anything that seemed out of place from a more educated standpoint.
At some point something gave but no one including myself was hurt, it was then that the others seemed focused on me, one of them picked up a small sharp bit.
He walked over calmly and without warning tried to cut me with it but nothing happened, I didn't bleed and it didn't hurt.
Everyone went quiet and the woman spoke up, I forget the exact words spoken but she revealed to me that I hadn't survived the tunnel, that I was dead...
As I sat there trying to make sense of that, trying to make excuses to how she must be wrong, it just sank it and I got quiet, just sitting on the ground.
The other slowly came around and sort of group hugged me more or less, they were trying to be sympathetic and comforting at least.
Then I just started crying uncontrollably realising it was over, then it faded away and I was awake in bed.

I decided to try and look up if there were any well known "gazelle headed figures" and only two really popped up, both from Egypt.
One was a god sometimes depicted with a gazelle head and the other was a statue found in a tomb of a "demon" to do with the afterlife.
Neither of which I has seen or really heard about before hand so that was weird, and that's not even touching on how much the whole
progress of the dream felt like someone committing suicide...

Feeling lost and trying to find a way out, someone trying to stop you, refusing their help, the escalating terror, the loneliness, the release.
It was [censored] up to say the least, I don't think I've had a dream that could be compared to another thing THAT easily.

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#1902 Post by Cyon »

I had a dream that I was in a videogame where huge yellowish brown lattice was slowly infecting this pink hive-like construction that went on as far as the eye could see. I knew it was a game because there was a tutorial voice in the background. The edge of the map was dictated by these tall black floating pillars that looked like ancient cocoons but had now been overwhelmed by the lattice. There was no top or bottom to the lattice, just void above which I floated. I was a man-sized creature but could fly effortlessly. There was a starting cutscene where the structure had become all brown and the little pink that remained was draining away from me as I chased it to not be devoured by the lattice. Turning around, I saw what must have been more creatures like I was, except they had been petrified.
My objective in the game was to gather these fragments, but the voice said it would need to be done in a single 7 hour session(?). I flew around collecting small flying debris although I had no idea if they were what I needed. Eventually, I saw a large grey tunnel up ahead, upon entering it, I turned a left corner and found myself in a makeshift apocalypse science lab, still in the same tunnel, with dark walls lined with lichens and traces of chemicals. The floor was similar to that of a dungeon: moist brick. I walked along until I saw a basic culture room to my left (if I could call it a room, it was more like a long rectangular container placed inside a tunnel) and a cage to my right. There was a scientist in the room, and I was wary as he might have seen me, but it seemed that I was invisible. I decided I should hide, so I levitated onto the container, in between it and the ceiling. I looked below me, through a glass pane in the top of the lab, and saw the scientist walk out to the main tunnel and converse with a female scientist. She proceeded to place two dogs into the cage across from me, one adult and one puppy. After she left, I somehow from a distance forced the door open and a rat got in. The dogs just stayed immobile though...
As there were no scientists around, I got down from my hiding spot and followed the tunnel. I saw a fair few more culture rooms and sampling rooms, but kept slowly walking along. Meanwhile, the rat bit the eldest dog and made a loud noise, so the same scientist came over to see what was happening and opened the cage. The dogs both got out, but the one which had been bitten became aggressive and started to chase her down the hallway I had been exploring earlier. The scientist ran past some chemical labs and storage rooms and entered a small mess with 3 more scientists. I look on at what happens from outside the door, no longer floating. She exclaimed that the dog was chasing her multiple times, before another scientist said that the dog must have rabies. Having grabbed a treatment of some sort, she leaves the room only to find the dog frothing at the lips. Rather than attacking the scientist, the dog starts to chase me, although I quickly gained a lead on him running back towards the exit. I turned a back into the front of the lab and jumped onto the roof of the culture sample room, crouched, waiting and hoping I wouldn't be found. The dog turned the corned, a golden ripple passing through his body and in an instant, he leapt effortlessly onto the roof, as if he could morph and fly like me. I panicked and flew onto platforms higher up to get away, but the dog kept right at me and caught my arm.

Then I woke up :(
That was pretty vague thinking back over it...
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Samantaz
Master

#1903 Post by Samantaz »

RennisTora wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:21 am Well there's something new, no one else had posted in a while?
I don't post here cuz no more time, and I don't remember my dreams x)

But still, I do read yours when I have some free time !
Some are weird, some are fun, some are complete chinese cuz you use odd words (or unknown references ^^) but I appreciate reading'em !
I'm not saying that i'm Batman, But nobody saw Batman and me together.

Furcode : FCF3a A C- D+++ H++ P- R- T++ W-- Sf- RLTI a- cl++ e++ f- h** iw+++ j- p-- sm-
Awesome avatar by Kiabugboy

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#1904 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Gather around and let Uncle Dark tell you about the time he stopped Ragnarok with a plastic spoon.

I was sitting in the bleachers of my old middle school surrounded by many others, all there for the wedding of Thor and Loki (they were both wearing dresses so I assume they're both the bride). Me, being the careful type and knowing Loki to be evil, kept my eyes on him and tried to warn others, but they all thought he was a good guy. After a slight scare of Loki disappearing from my watch, he reappeared without incident.

That night there was a party at a house. For the most part I just wandered around; I did grab a sandwich or two though. After a while, seeing that no one was being as cautious as I, decided to act. I picked up the nearest plastic spoon and started using it as a wand; first by turning off the power to the house, then putting everyone in large bugs that are 100% invisible in the dark. Loki was not happy and decided to speed up his plans and left to free his son Fenrir. I gave chase on a cloud (like Mario), shooting spells at him with my spoon. At the end of the chase, I hit him and turned him into a lizard and took away his godhood.

I have weird dreams

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1905 Post by RennisTora »

I had a very short dream about playing some new Borderlands game, it still had the familiar shading and art style but the graphics seemed crisper and higher resolution, the physics seemed better too.
I was playing a female character wearing combat armour that seemed to fit the soldier/commando class role but I recall also duel wielding pistols or something at one point?