Dreams

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

Re: Dreams

#1921 Post by Hulk10 »

I remember having a dream where I was at a mall when Smaug from the Hobbit trilogy attacked. I happened to have the ability to turn into a dragon then and I kept trying to avoid Smaug's gaze and attacks. It was a weird dream.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1922 Post by RennisTora »

Slept in today and realized why as soon as I woke up, I can remember about 3 distinct dreams I had over the course of the night and I guess early day.

1. Had a dream that I had somehow been frozen in an accident sort of like Captain America and then woken up/revived 80 to 100 years later, so I woke up in the future.
I remember being on a space station of some kind, that or a massive ship though a station makes more sense for the level of foot traffic seen.
There were people that were either aliens or humans that had gotten genetic modifications, I remember seeing random things from this time and early 20th.
I had my leather jacket which stood out to people, someone told me that those kinds of goods weren't really made anymore, all synthetic materials now.
There was the obvious struggle of trying to adapt to this new environment, trying to continue my life but in new ways, I recall eventually helping someone
that was a merchant of some sort in regards to "antiques" from closer to my time and further back which had always been a passion of mine so, win/win.

2. Had a dream that I was some kind of knight or otherwise warrior, there was this girl that I think was a princess, and a dragon trying to keep her.
I don't think the dream started out all "roawr I'ma eat yo face!" since I do recall some build up with the girl, but then things escalated to trying
to free her from the queen/dragon that was keeping her in this old castle, I was decked out in full armour and everything, trying to hide at times.
As this game of cat and mouse carried out the dragon was giving it's villainous monologue as I realized I couldn't outright defeat her and instead
was now focusing on hiding and sneaking further into the castle where it would be harder for her to follow so I could find the girl.
Eventually her monologue revealed something shocking, the girl was some kind of body double or otherwise clone the queen was trying to make.
Something about transferring her soul and magic into a new and younger vessel to extend her life, then she'd move on and conquer more lands.
The dream shifted perspective to the girl who was undergoing her own trials while attempting to escape the castle, all the while knowing her fate.
I remember now caring if she was made in some lab rather than born, we had gotten to know one another and that was all that mattered.

3. Had a dream that I was playing what seemed like a Fallout themed VR game, nothing that was expressly Fallout but close, also it looked like anime...
Pretty standard fare as far as dreams about about playing a VR game go, things were only loosely Fallout like though, it was more just a
post-apocalyptic setting that reminded me of Fallout, like instead of Diamond City there was a fenced off and barricaded baseball field.
I remember treating it as a game though rather than real life, thinking about loot and the like, skipping NPC dialogue and so on.
I saw some kind of robot fighting arena, and a bunch of ruins, hopping plat-former style across broken flooring and the like.
There was a point where I was walking along the cracked and broken up road, saw a crashed plane and could hear raiders talking.
The biggest difference from Fallout (aside from it looking like an anime style game) was that there was a LOT more overgrowth.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1923 Post by RennisTora »

Had a short dream about being a teenager or something around there, walking around town one day and finding some kind of trash pile in the middle of nowhere.
Just as I was about to leave and call someone about it I spotted something in the pile, my curiosity getting the better of me and trying to pull it out.
By the end of it I'd fished out some kind of wreck of a motorcycle unlike anything I'd seen before, and decided to drag it home to my mechanic father.
It looked like an even more retro version of the red bike from Akira if that makes sense, like it had been designed in the 50's instead of the 80's.
Along the way I reached a dead end through some back streets where a gate was shut, an old man came out saying how he has to keep it shut
because kids keeps either cutting through his property as a shortcut or sneaking in to cause mischief, he trailed off when he saw the bike.
He looked like he'd seen a ghost or possibly even an old friend, the look he had was a mix of shock and relief.
He opened the gate and told me to come in, I explained where/how I found the bike (worried an adult would think I stole it) and he then
began to explain how he knew about the bike, it seemed he'd either raced it or helped build it, there were even some things scattered
around like parts, plaques, and even some trophies and old photos.

The dream ended shortly after that, felt like there was going to be some touching story about a group of friends building and racing
a bike all by themselves, I imagine something tragic must of them happened for it to be abandoned like that, maybe an accident.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1924 Post by RennisTora »

I just woke up from a type of dream that I'm going to call "a legacy dream" from now on that was in and of itself referencing and continuing an older dream.
Specifically a dream I had years ago as a child, back when I wasn't used to having weird and detailed dreams and would sometimes be confused after.
When I was still little there were times when I'd have a really detailed dream and be convinced it hadn't been just a dream, I think most kids do.

The dream involved going to some out of the way place and finding a door or otherwise passage that took you to a seemingly alternate world.
A place full of people and things that made it feel like a living, breathing space and not just some dream until afterwards.
It was supposedly a place that existed between dreams and being awake, or between realities altogether.
The majority of the dream was me wandering around the place, seeing old and familiar things as well as new.
Meeting friends that were new and maybe even old, a lot more adult things since I'm older now.
I remembering waking up before the dream and seeing it being early still so I went back to sleep, that and when I woke up
leads me to believe the dream took place over the course a few hours at least, which it felt like honestly and would explain the wandering.
There was just... So, much, stuff! People and places and activities that I can't form it all together into one solid string of events.
The most prominent aspect of the whole thing was feeling and then knowing I'd been there before at some point in life, be it
the method in which I arrived or the vague concept of the place, down to the people I interacted with.
Of course there was a lot more adult content in this new dream playground then what I remembered *cough-cough*.
Over all it was an exciting dream/memory to revisit, and there was even a moment of goodbye near the end.
When time came to leave I and a number of others found ourselves on what seemed like a bus of sorts, or train maybe?
There was a stop indicator and we could see the world going by without the people outside seeming to notice us.
Varying places and times of day or altogether times in history or even other worlds honestly, there was someone in
the see ahead of me who was at least somewhere around my age, I ended up asking them about getting there.
Mentioning how this had been my second visit not since I was a kid, and was really curious if there was some trick to it
all while sitting my head on the top of the seat with my arms folded underneath my chin.
When he asked about my experience as a child I told him that after the first time, when I tried again I couldn't.
He asked when I tried or how often and I embarrassingly admitted "... the following day" like an impatient child.
He chuckled and then tried to explain that it was sort of beyond physical want or ability, just because you find
the spot you traveled there from doesn't mean you'd be able to the next day or any day.
He said it was more like keeping the spirit of a holiday in your heart all year round rather than just now or then.
As people were getting off the vehicle and chatting while they rode along I started to see my stop show up and then BAM, I was awake in bed.

This was a personally significant dream as I really do remember a similar dream from when I was a kid.
I used to have dreams about passages and doorways leading to other worlds and then the following day
I would try to look for them in the crawlspaces where they had been in the dream, when I was very little at least.
That obviously stopped when I got older and started to understand what dreams were, kind of like when you wake
up a child that's screaming and telling them it was a dream, that it wasn't real, if that makes sense?
But yeah, Legacy Dreams sounds like a good enough name for them as any, and I've had that before too.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1925 Post by RennisTora »

It's been a while since I (or anyone else apparently?) posted here, just wasn't having memorable dreams, specifically nothing long enough to really warrant writing down.

Just woke up from a long dream about being thrown into a Fallout like future, I even saw some familiar creatures and elements found in the series.
Rather than being born into such a world or waking up after being frozen however, I along with my father instead were somehow dropped
into that kind of post-apocalyptic world sort of like in Evil Dead: Army of Darkness where he just lands on the ground with his car.
We also had a car, but the place we landed was less than groovy however.
I specifically landed in a nightmarish filter pond full of red water and gunk while my father and the car fell nearby.
It was beyond disgusting and after the initial confusion we were greeted by people living out of rusted metal shacks...
They were, understandably just as confused by our arrival as we were, once it was clear we meant no harm
however they just sort of excepted our being there.
We hung around for a while trying to make sense of things, helped as best we could while they helped us back.
After a while of sitting around and trying to decide what we would do, we got the car running again and headed out.
I remember driving through overgrown streets while making our way out of town, starting to wonder things.
We were rolling up to what looked like an old military checkpoint manned by Mr Gutsy robots, I told my father
to slow down and stop so they wouldn't think we were hostile but then some creatures and Supermutants attacked
so he instead kept going and swerved around around them nearly hitting a Mr Gutsy.
While we were leaving the battle-zone a stray bullet grazed the hood of the car and I heard what sounded like
a Sentry bot doing a weird countdown, we heard an explosion after we'd driven a bit further.
We drove for what felt like hours, I must of dozed off at one point because when I came to it was nearing sun set.
For just a moment after waking up I saw what looked like a normal road with other cars driving on it, then after
my brain caught up I realized that couldn't be right, not anymore at least, after blinking I saw what was really there.
It was still a road with cars, but the road was worn and cracked, the cars were rusted and wrecked hulks.
The trees that had been lining the road before were now overgrown, I could see huge trees further back.
I started to wonder just how long it had been, how far we had been thrown into the future.
It was starting to get dark so we pulled off the road into what looked like an old tech park of sorts.
There were homes and larger buildings that looked a bit more livable than the shacks we'd seen before.
I noticed what looked like a mechanic garage that almost looked usable when we heard someone call out.
We stopped immediately, it sounded like a woman, I got out of the car with a baseball bat and called back.
There were more voices calling for help, as I came closer I saw what looked like small green mutants holding
a group of people hostage, as I ran at one with my bat the others turned to look and were then taken from
behind by the others.
After they were safe we started talking, they'd found this place pretty well preserved and had been fixing it up.
It was all a breath of fresh air after what happened, falling into a swamp, living in a scrap shack.
These people seemed about as close to what we'd been looking for as we were going to find, save for
running into other people from our time that somehow got here.
I remember feeling relief, feeling like things were going to be okay, if only a little bit.

Then, I woke up.
And hey, first recorded dream of 2018.

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#1926 Post by Neptune »

Some time ago:

I dreamt I was on a beach planet named "Samoa." Dun no why but it was apparently a dwarf planet heated by orbital mirrors into a tourist spot. I watched TV when some program came on of a woman and man (biracial couple) skiing on sand dunes and flying kilometers in the air, to land safely on the ground. I saw an image of the "planet," and that's all I remember.

Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1927 Post by RennisTora »

Had a dream I was some kind of monster/demon/ghost hunter sort, very "Supernatural" like but sort crossed with "Blade" as I wore a leather coat and carried a sword and gun.
I did also have some form of magic or power, aside from able to see the spiritual beings others couldn't there were times where I'd raise my hand and shout
"Raven Bolt!" and fire off some kind of spectral energy shot that I only ever seemed to use against spirits, so I assume that's what it was meant for.
It didn't really seem to interact with the physical or living world, it would pass through things that weren't in some way already dead.
I never actually used the gun but I would imagine it had silver bullets or something that made it special, the sword seemed normal if not well made.
I get the feeling the character I was in the dream had some nonhuman blood in him, aside from the magic he was a bit pale as well.
Maybe some kind of being associated with death like a reaper or the like was an ancestor or even parent, that's how it feels anyway.

I remember I was doing some kind of job, heading towards a town or the like.
I was driving with others, friends or associates who also did this kind of work, it was night time.
I felt something that something was coming, suddenly we swerved as a truck ahead of us stopped in the road like they'd hit the brake hard.
When we passed the truck and stopped to look back, there didn't seem to be anyone inside of it.
I saw something move near the road and directed the driver to follow, we chased whatever it was down a back-road.
We eventually lost sight of it but then realized we were approaching a town, maybe THE town but I'm not sure.
As we drove slowly along the street into town I noticed more spirits following us, they tried to latch onto the car
multiple times, each time being sent flying with a shout and a "Raven Bolt!" until they eventually gave up.
I recall being separated from the others while fighting something, using my sword and magic.
After a while things went quiet, too quiet (no puns intended), at least... For the world of the living.
I quickly realized I had somehow been forced over to the other side, not literally dead but had my entire
being forced over leaving nothing behind, It started to dawn on me that the spirits from earlier had
most likely been trying to stop and warn us not to venture into this place...
I saw someone that looked a bit like some kind of Grim Reaper but they vanished.
I wandered for a while, a mirror image of the living world, I ran into my group but they couldn't see or hear me.
I remember looking at one person in particular, a woman, I think I was supposed to be in love with her.
I stayed there with them, fighting off spirits they couldn't see (same old, same old) and trying to watch over them.
I ended up brushing into them, partly out of spacing out, partly wanting to try and touch them again.
My hand went through them but, they reacted to it, they even seemed to understand it was me...

Then I woke up.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1928 Post by RennisTora »

Had a dream about washing up on an uncharted island and being the only human in sight, the other inhabitants were a plethora of
other races/species ranging from vampires to mermaids to centaurs to witches to elves and everything in between.

It was supposed to be some sort of hidden society type thing I guess, I recall something about a school like facility too.
There was an odd mix of relations like the usual "it's a human, get rid of them!" but then also those like the witches
and the like who are essentially humans with magic who more "well maybe give them a chance?".
Not being the typical "oh god monsters!" type of person but rather being open minded like "well, this is a thing."
really helped to not be singled out as the dangerous human threatening their well being and secrecy.
There was also the fact that I seemed to not be a completely normal human, as in possibly having some
kind of odd sense or abilities that made me seem at least a little more like them and less of an outsider.

I remember one character in particular that stood out, a woman.
She was either some kind of vampire or maybe a succubus or even a witch?
At one point she used some kind of blood magic and I think alchemy?
She either had dark red hair or black hair, I think maybe red clothes.
I think there was some kind of romance going on, flirting maybe?

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1929 Post by RennisTora »

*Dusts the cobwebs off* Wow okay so *cough* it's been longer than I thought, admittedly I've probably slacked off on bothering to write one down rather than having none to write down.

Had a dream with spirits and the like being real in modern day, I feel like there was a girl who was either a generic magic-girl type or slightly more a Cardcaptor Sakura reference.
The main thing I remember is having wings on my back angel or tengu style, I think they were dark wings but not 100% sure.
I just remember flying at times in the dream, catching air currents and up drafts, felt very free.
Hadn't had a dream like that in a while, flying with wings in a descriptive manor more than anything.
I had been thinking about a character like that lately so that's probably why.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1930 Post by RennisTora »

Had another wing dream, this time it was a "mutant bugs invade" kind of thing, still modern day, this time I had white wings.
Lots of gunfire and tanks and missiles and that sort of stuff, and the trying to survive the aftermath parts.
Closer to the end of the dream I was navigating some ruins of a city that remind me now of Boston in Fallout 4 but more overgrowth.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#1931 Post by Hulk10 »

Had a dream where I started out as a vampire teenager ready to go off to college and I had to say goodbye to a vampire family I babysat for and had to avoid some person who wanted me dead and I hypnotized him and his allies into forgetting about me and then I ended up as having the ability to turn into a Keidran and back into a human in the Twokinds world mixed with our modern world and had to avoid being captured.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1932 Post by RennisTora »

It's been a while, since I last wrote here~ ♪

Seriously though, it's been quite some time, I've been sleeping terribly for a while now and haven't been dreaming well as a result, even when I remember a dream it's either not worth writing down or I'm too exhausted to.
The irony is that before falling asleep, I was thinking to myself that it was starting to weigh on me since I used to sleep and dream so much, guess my brain was listening?

Just woke up from what felt like a long dream about being in a dream realm (that takes me back, been some time since I last had a weird one like that), the kind of place or space that minds go to
when they sleep type of deal you know? In this case it was a place that all sapient beings travel to while they sleep or whatever the equivalence would be for them.
As an example, I encountered lizard people from a distant star system as well as robot or machine beings just to name two (there was a LOT going on in the background @ w @).

It all started out harmless enough with realizing I wasn't just dreaming but had somehow gained access to a higher plain of thought or the like.
Quickly escalating into the realization that it wasn't just human life but all sentient/sapient beings so there were alien beings there as well.
I remember some species of humanoid lizard or reptilian people being the first I took note of as being truly alien, but there were others.
There were machine beings something akin to Transformers or the like, I recall something like grey skinned elves or half elf looking beings.
Honestly there was just so much going on that only some of it stands out to me now even though I can recall vaguely that there was much more.
The place itself wasn't like a free flowing dreamland that everyone could change at a moments notice, it functioned more like reality where things still
needed to be invented and built by those that came there, and example I can recall being technology and architecture familiar to Earth that had only been there for a little while.
There was of course stuff very unfamiliar to me such as sprawling cities and space ship like things filled with alien beings and designs alike, white metal/stone like structure work
with gold highlights or maybe even the other way around, things that sometimes felt both fantasy and sci-fi or something else all together.
I made a small group of friends who were all from different civilizations and worlds, they showed me around for a while as it seemed like I was one of the first Earthlings to enter the place.
After what felt like a good long while of exploring and running around with everyone things escalated further when some kind of event took place to decide or choose a being
who was to be an idol like or Messiah like entity/personality who would not so much rule (there was a royal family already which was weird, the grey elves) as they would simply lead
in a spiritual sense or otherwise be a beacon to those who had reached this place, if that makes any sense?

The reason things escalated (and you could probably see this coming from a mile away unlike me at the time) was that the one chosen for this role, was none other than myself...
At first I was just confused since none of the above had been explained to me yet (that came later), then I was honored, but then I was crushed by a choice.
The choice being not so much a choice (you don't really turn down this role) in terms of whether to take it, but rather how to cope with it.
They told me that I could now no longer return to my waking home, that I was to be in this place for all time to come until a new beacon was chosen, whenever that would be...
I was torn between wanting to embrace it (I've been training all my life with these dreams!) and feeling the hopelessly soul crushing weight of knowing I would never again
see my home or loved ones, the culture of this place that grown over gods know how long didn't seem able to understand my plight, neither did my new found friends.
I was upset to say the least, to the point of questioning why I'd ever thought of them as friends, it hurt us both for me to say it out loud.
We broke up after that and I was being shown around more, rather than the tourist like treatment before I was now being shown things with purpose and security access levels.
The royals in charge who seemed to be these grey'ish skinned elves or half elf like beings with blonde hair and gold eyes (and even more gold jewelry) were confused as to why
I was so hesitant to take up the mantel (I think they were already permanent residents and had been for some time) even when I described why.
In the end I didn't have much of a choice and instead tried to embrace it as best I could while indulging in the new and unfamiliar as I tried to forget what I'd left behind...
I remember getting the real deal star treatment type stuff, not so much a living god as some kind of holy symbol like a pope or the like?
It seemed that unlike most of those that only temporarily travel to that place, I and the other permanent residents could shape the space to an extent.

I should clarify that this wasn't just one big world that somehow magically fit everything in it, it was like it's own planetary system connected by gates or the like
that these dreaming being inhabited at one time or another, it was absurd to me at the time and even now thinking back as a dream, it's really out there...

I remember visiting a much more medieval like area though still with sci-fi elements, I ended up making a suit of armour for myself that was chrome or mirror polished
steel like metal with white and red trim or cloth for a tunic, specifically that I made a red maple leaf on the chest.
I then conjured up a horse with barding (mount armour for those not familiar with the term) and rode around on that for a while instead of walking everywhere, the
other beings inhabiting that place seemed surprised by it, like they had never seen a horse before which thinking back would be likely for alien life.
This sort of thing carried on for quite some time until a time skip came along to bring my perspective to a later point in time.

I had grown tired of and uncaring for my new position despite it's perks, I still loved my life and home and wanted to at least be able to visit it, it made no sense to me.
Why did I have to stay there, why couldn't I just come and go, why did they need someone like me or even a symbol like that at all for such a place?
Eventually I became toxic to those around me, whether it was my being upset with how I'd been roped into this whole thing or maybe even being a little drunk on power.
I went on a joy ride of sorts which ended with some things I'm honestly ashamed to think I did even in a dream where I was at the breaking point, nothing war crime like
or "you're going to hell" kind of stuff, but I feel bad thinking about how I acted and treated some...

Things were reaching a boiling point when my group of "friends" showed up again, they wanted to help me find a way home after having time to think about how I'd felt.
Maybe they'd just been caught up in the moment knowing how great an honor it was while I didn't, or maybe they realized how much they'd miss they're homes.
In either case, a long'ish chain of events unfolded with use sneaking off and trying to use some kind of ancient system that had some level of control over this realm.
We spent a lot of time trying to get to it only to find it damaged beyond use, my first concern was if my outburst had caused it but now I wonder if it wasn't sabotage?
We learned of some legend or prophecy about being able to force yourself back to your body if you became locked here, a manual override as it were maybe?
We kept going and going and going for what felt like a very long time, sneaking, chases, and otherwise weird events all in order to reach this place or state.

In the end, it seemed we found it, I still don't know or perhaps don't want to know what the aftermath would be for such a place or the cost...
My group of friends huddles near me, seemingly channeling some kind of energy native to this plain of existence.
Slowly they faded out one after the other and I too felt hazy, until finally only a couple were left.
We got close and held hands, shaking, I was crying, relief or grief for everything, for now loosing such great friends.
Then I woke up in bed... At least my terrible sleep hasn't completely impacted my ability to have absurd dreams, right? (;_;)

maniack11

#1933 Post by maniack11 »

I had a dream when I was like, five, that For some reason I was just floating in space, but with no stars. There was a face just appearing out of the balckmess, and I couldn't tell if it was near me or indescribabley far. I think we talked for a while, then I awoke with my heart pounding.
It's Wednesday, my dudes

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1934 Post by RennisTora »

Had a dream that was essentially "suddenly, you're in another world" and that other world was... Animal people.
I wasn't myself but a specific character made by the dream, don't recall details other than being a high school age guy.

Thankfully rather than winding up in a government lab for "study" I was instead placed into a school environment in the form of a
government run school made for the families of government staff and personnel so the security was top notch as were the teachers.
The reason being that they could still study me but in a more humane way than in a lab, I guess at least.
I mean, both peoples being humanoid with advanced intelligence, clothes, tools, etc.
I recall some generic "new kid on the block" type stuff which would be obvious happening for sure, multiplied by my circumstances.
The dream itself wasn't very long or at least didn't feel like it, a lot happened quickly and much of it was very cliche.

Sometimes I'm amused by the way my brain tries to build an at least somewhat believable base for something like that.
Not just someone who manages to hide from the government or is just immediately accepted.

I'm not 100% sure but I have some recollection of the first person I encountered being a fox woman in the woods,
a mother out collecting ingredients or hunting I think.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#1935 Post by Warrl »

I had a dream that, near the end of it, I thought "This is a really weird dream."

And when I woke up, that's all I could remember.

:x