Dreams

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

Dreams

#1 Post by Sage Asuka »

So there's a thread in the comic section about TwoKinds related dreams but it doesn't cover a broad scope. So here's a thread to share and discuss odd dreams you've all had. You can also analyze each others dreams if you so wish.

Last night I had a crazy dream. I was in a city, but it was very clean and had lots of planted gardens and such. Neways, I was Princess Tutu (at that moment Ahiru) and I was reflecting how I was going to have to sacrifice myself to the Raven in order to save Mytho. It probably makes more sense if you know something of the story. Regardless, in the dream I'd have to give up my pendent and also be eaten by the Raven but Mytho would have his heart and be able to save the day. So I was in a scene similar to Ahiru at the bottom of the lake, just laying on some cement all curled up near a small pool crying. It had a third day Majora's Mask feel to it. Like all hope had left. My only comfort was the possibility of Fakir showing up and saving me the moment the shard fell off before the Raven killed me. After a while I finally got up and started walking down this sidewalk to where I knew the Raven was. All the way I came across people I loved or knew and had to put on a smile because they didn't know what I was about to do. They were hopeful that someone would stop the Raven without knowing that I was the key to it.

I actually never saw the Raven in my dream. 'Fakir' came and had a way to remove the pendant without me dying or, oddly enough, turning into a duck. Fakir wasn't Fakir though. He was a friend's character.

That's probably the only thing that made sense in my dream, because I had been writing a story involving that character that deleted itself right as I tried to save it. But I was too tired to care and went to bed.

Awesome dream when I woke up, just freaking scary during.
Image Image Image Image

WindDragon
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Dreams

#2 Post by WindDragon »

I had a dream about school...and it was actually very accurate. I went through at least 2 classes and lunch. In the dream, I had the exact same classmates, teachers, and even homework assignments and it was semi-lucid to the point where I could control my decisions, but I never knew I was dreaming. The weird thing was that during lunch, I think I realized that I was going out with one of my friends...which in real life I'm not. I wonder if this is my subconscious saying something...anyways, I woke up sometime shortly after this.

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#3 Post by Sage Asuka »

That is rather odd.

I'd certainly hope your dream school was a bit more exciting than real school. I'd hate to go through that twice in one day :roll:

reminds me of a dream I had where I was getting married to this guy I knew...I was fine with it until logic kicked in and I remembered that I was still in high school. Then I panicked and woke up.
Image Image Image Image

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#4 Post by Schrodinger »

I've had a lot of very strange and surreal dreams. Too many for me to list here.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Cessna Skyhawk
Templar Inner Circle

#5 Post by Cessna Skyhawk »

I had one of those HOLY [censored] dreams last night. I saw this thread and was getting ready to give the story.

As soon as I hit Post Reply I realized that I don't remember a thing.
da Vinci wrote:Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

Sleight of Word
Templar

#6 Post by Sleight of Word »

They're actually studying how long it takes for a dream to be forgotten.
If you don't write it down in 10 minutes, around 90% of details are lost. That's why I keep a dream journal by my bed for the mornings.
lessee...

"We were all hanging out in the family room, like normal, but suddenly everyone got really excited. They were all talking excitedly about "The witch doctor." Uncle Jorge had moved the toilet into the dining room, and was doing an excited shimmy in it. I walked up to the balcony and saw what looked like a cocktail party of ghosts hovering at about that level over the yard. They were all excited as well. (At this point I for some reason realized that Uncle Jorge must be a ghost because of his strange behavior.)

We all made our way to the outskirts of town, where the doctor had set up a stage. A large crowd had gathered, and i distinctly remember Grandma being there. (I couldn't get to her though) (There is a volcano in the background)

We are all standing there, anxious for what he will do. (It should be noted that the witch doctor was a hippo. Not an anthro, more of a standup furry kind of hippo.) He waved his magic staff in the air and said a few things. The crowd goes wild. (I am reminded of Benito Moussilini) Then, he pulls out a coin and flips it into the air. This causes the volcano to erupt and he stands there, laughing. Panic ensues, as everyone shouts "He has betrayed us!"
I rush back to my house to grab my things, but as I look into the basement I see there is lava steadily creeping upward.

We meet in town and decide the only thing we can do is build a giant fan to blow the lava away. Surprisingly, we have it set up in a matter of minutes, and we switch it on. The lava is blown away and the towns people are saved. That's about where it ends.
Heavy Decibels are playing on my guitar,
we got vibrations coming up from the floor.
We're just listening to the Rock that's giving too much noise,
Are you deaf, you wanna hear some more?

Chaosye
Grand Templar

#7 Post by Chaosye »

WindDragon wrote:I had a dream about school...and it was actually very accurate. I went through at least 2 classes and lunch. In the dream, I had the exact same classmates, teachers, and even homework assignments and it was semi-lucid to the point where I could control my decisions, but I never knew I was dreaming. The weird thing was that during lunch, I think I realized that I was going out with one of my friends...which in real life I'm not. I wonder if this is my subconscious saying something...anyways, I woke up sometime shortly after this.
Oh god I had a dream just like that, only absolutely nothing was different and I went through the entire day, from dawn to dusk, and when i woke up I thought it was thursday when it was really wednesday.

Or maybe it was real and I never bothered to look at a calendar for the whole day.

Silver Seren
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by Silver Seren »

I haven't had any dreams or nightmares lately, lucky me. Remind me never to sleep on the floor again, that seems to instigate nightmares.

Anyways...here's what I remember about the last two nightmares I had...

The first was about people who had some sort of special ability or were different than other people, i'm not sure how or what they're ability was. Because they were different, these giant bugs were trying to eat them. I don't think I was one of the special people, but i'm not sure. They ate people by engulfing them somehow...it was weird...There wasn't must to the dream besides running and screaming.

The other nightmare was weird.

I was trying to protect something that I had stolen. I have no idea what it was, but I had hidden it somewhere. The place I was in was some kind of neighborhood, except all the buildings were connected to each other and there were a whole bunch of crawlspaces. Anyways, I was being chased by Starscream, you know, the Transformer...yeah. He was trying to get me to tell him where I hid the whatever it was, but I kept running away. He wasn't able to go into the buildings or anything, but, for some reason, I really, really didn't want to stay inside of them. Then this girl that I really, really don't like (and she definitely doesn't like me) was trying to help me... :| Yeah...you would think my dream self would have seen it coming. Anyways, she was helping me escape and then it turns out in the end that she had betrayed me and Starscream was about to catch me when I woke up.

Like I said...weird.

supervanman64
Too Curious For His Own Good

#9 Post by supervanman64 »

Silver Seren wrote:I was trying to protect something that I had stolen. I have no idea what it was, but I had hidden it somewhere. The place I was in was some kind of neighborhood, except all the buildings were connected to each other and there were a whole bunch of crawlspaces. Anyways, I was being chased by Starscream, you know, the Transformer...yeah. He was trying to get me to tell him where I hid the whatever it was, but I kept running away. He wasn't able to go into the buildings or anything, but, for some reason, I really, really didn't want to stay inside of them. Then this girl that I really, really don't like (and she definitely doesn't like me) was trying to help me... :| Yeah...you would think my dream self would have seen it coming. Anyways, she was helping me escape and then it turns out in the end that she had betrayed me and Starscream was about to catch me when I woke up.

Like I said...weird.
Having Starscream in a dream has to be the most hardcore thing ever.

Now I had a very strange dream a couple years ago, about me running beside the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and some lady holding a baby. We were all running in this canyon from a tidal wave of alligators. Michaelangelo trips and gets eaten by the gator wave. Then we find one of those tube slides at those waterparks, which was on the canyon wall for some reason. I yell something like "Save yourself and the baby!" and she says "Not without you.", so I pick her up and through her and the baby down the tube to safety.

Then I woke up. Yes, it's really weird... :|

Chaosye
Grand Templar

#10 Post by Chaosye »

I can remember large parts of some of my really big dreams.

One I had when I was a kindergartener, I was an adult sized person but a blank body, and there was Thomas the Train Engine and I pushed him into an enormous pit of bubbling lava, and there was a ton of screaming, and then I jumped in myself and came out a few seconds later, keeping the same form but looking lava, with cracks all over me. Then I got a gigantic band-aid and put it over my body. Then I woke up. But it didn't FEEL like a nightmare

Another time, when I was in 2nd grade, I was just doing school like normal, but when recess was called and we went out cracks started appearing out of the ground, and then out of those gigantic purple tentacles with enormous round beaks at the end, one of which grabbed a kid I know well and ate him, screaming included, and then I ran away into some place on the other side of the school and got into a treehouse which had about 20 other crying and sweating kids, and then a bunch of tentacles started reaching in and grabbing kids one by one, except for me, and I got out before it got to me and started running and somehow I managed to end up in the king tentacles's throne room or some crazy [censored] like that (Like a Day of the Tentacle style tentacle) and then I jumped behind the king but inside the chair so I was squished between the king and the chair, and then the tentacle guards started coming towards me and then I started massaging the king for some weird reason and then I was crowned a prince and gained spiderman powers, then destroyed the Sears Tower.

Another one I had recently, Me and two other people I can't remember the faces of were going around a large canyon/desert area and pushing this one old guy into the abyss and setting up traps to push him in, one of wish involved smacking a guitar into him. Then all of a sudden the scene changed and I was sitting in my garage with a Sharpie pen in my hand that I was examining and it had the listings of all the House episodes and I was giving it to Hugh Laurie or something and then he said,"I already own all of them" and then Wilson appeared out of nowhere and said,"Well I think it's pretty good."

And yep.

Those are the 3 dreams I can easily remember.

Holy_458
Le soldat sans Grammaire

#11 Post by Holy_458 »

I had an interesting dream last night. I don't rember much but I do remember typing on a giant keyboard were isntead of keys there was something like a holographic protection little lights and such that looked like galaxies. And the whole time I was thinking "Don't know what I'm typing but I seem to know what I'm doing!! =D"

Hmmm......this reminds me of my old story......
JediGuy wrote:Why am I sensing that that's going to wind up in a signature somewhere?
Wynni wrote:I love you weirdos. You're my kind of mixed nuts.

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#12 Post by Sage Asuka »

I've just been having incredibly strange dreams lately. First the sacrifice thing, then two nights ago I had a really bloody dream. Those are rare for me. But yeah, I was at some sort of camp run by a evil witch and there were a bunch of people there. Neways, the witch was really hard on me because I was the heir or something like that. Either way, I upset her and to punish me her arm mutated into this giant, pointed monster hand that crushed a guy and then crushed my arm. And blood was everywhere (that's as detailed as I'm getting cuz it was pretty nasty). I think I ended up calling a friend who distracted her long enough for me to cast a spell to take her out. But halfway through the spell my alarm woke me up ._.;

Then last night I drempt I was going to college that taught humans and vampires. But the vampires went crazy anytime they caught a human's scent and tried to kill them. So all humans had to have little paper slips around them that apparently masked their scent. So the humans and vampys were all friends. But for some reason I kept losing my slips and having vampires try not to kill me while going crazy on odd urges.
Image Image Image Image

Cessna Skyhawk
Templar Inner Circle

#13 Post by Cessna Skyhawk »

I had a pretty strange one last night. I was walking through the mall with some friends, one of which I haven't seen in years.

I heard a car getting closer, but paid it no mind until it busted through the wall.

Me- HAHAHAHA--
Car ran over my friend, splitting him in half, bloody mess.
Me- HAHA--WOAH!

Then a bit later I was in a large, mostly empty, round room with red walls that were beating like a heart. It was just me, and in the middle of the room there was a huge C'Thulu like monster. I was walking toward it, and it was getting hotter, but I kept walking forward. When I got close I woke up.

And I didn't even have pizza last night.
da Vinci wrote:Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

Maxwell_88
Council Member

#14 Post by Maxwell_88 »

I had a dream where I was in a experiment kinda like the one form Portal by VALVe

I had a Portal gun BUT here's the cool thing: I could shoot knives! :D. The knife was attached to the gun like a baronet and when I shoot one another one would magically take it's place. I spent most of my time jumping around like a super human, fighting all kinds of robots, and playing with a flashlight (i dunno...). So I go through a bunch of stuff like that and then *FINAL BOSS* and guess who it is... ME, but not just me, 200 FOOT TALL ME!!! and worst yet he has an army of robots on his side. I end up dying three times before I eventually wake up (good thing it wasn't a nightmare)

First death: Giant knife to the chest... :|
Second death: I get shoved into a pit of acid that appeared out of nowhere by one of the robots :?
Third death: I get shoot up by the robots and fall down with my vision all red in a Doom kinda fashion, including the generic scream of pain, and it was that scream that woke me. :)
Guess who's back.

Tygron
Notakitty!

#15 Post by Tygron »

I had a dream a while ago. I don't think I ever said anything about it.

Thinking back on it I remember almost every detail.

I was in some alley in some city, it was kinda brown and drab like your see in a n old comic or something.... something to give it that brown old rusty look.
I was more of a pedestrian here just looking.... maybe more of a camera (like cutscenes) and I saw this girl. She was sorta hiding in the alley. I heard voices, I forget what they were saying though but they were kinda distorted and echoing. Then one called out more clearer saying "Jayla" which I took to be the name of the girl. I switched views to look at a person standing on top of a building (I see the others but they aren't in the view of the "camera" but I know they are there and what they are doing) and he's got an evil smile on his face. These people were different than the rest of the people around, and didn't seem to be noticed by anyone. The main person had some sort or shiny, almost glowing green hair... well more of maybe some sort of blond fading into the green I can't remember. Jayla had a similar hairstyle but it was a pink color. She took off running and I took off after her, I don't know why or how she knew I was there but I was. I was leading her through the building I saw before. Taking her higher and higher. We reached the top of some strange flight of stairs that ended in a very strange way. We procceded to run down a hall way looking for a place to hide, we were being chaced by what appeared to be secret service agents. We ran into a bathroom which was had a very strange floor plan. Every stall had an agent in it, I could just tell. I took her through to the back row (through a door that was hidden like a stall) and there were more. At this time I woke up. And I have never seen Jayla or those guys again, I want to know what happens. Perhaps I should write a story.

There was also another dream. This took place today I believe. I was at school, doing stuff... I don't remember what. I ended up in a the locker rooms... which were kinda cool but impossible to explain because none of my ideas like those make any sense. I saw some cool tunnel that I was going to explore (yes a random tunnel thing in the locker room) but I never got the chance. Something was going on, and everyone was panicing. The halls were packed and everyone was running. There were gunshots, sounds of explosions and strange hallways and rooms that seemed to not lead up to another, they were just there. I think I confronted the people many times but I can not remember. I know I got out and the school officials were just as confused as everyone else... no one seemed to know what was going on and no one was in the building. We were standing outside in the dark (I duno why it was dark) and the ground seemed to be covered in ice but it wasn't slippery. But it didn't seem unusual either. I don't remember what happened after that but I woke up.

I've got some really awesome room ideas, but they just aren't physically possible in the real world... but I want to make these places so bad... I just want to visit them. But I have no idea how that will ever be possible. Unless I learn how to control my dreams. Right now I just go for the ride, whatever happens happens. I've had so many crazy dreams that I wish I could just go back and relive them, so many environments I never got to explore.
[Click the sig to check out my music]
emmy wrote:It's not to prevent the suit from being stolen, but to prevent the fancy mofo in it from being stolen. :P