Motorcycle songs.

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Mysterious Old Guy
Templar Inner Circle

Motorcycle songs.

#1 Post by Mysterious Old Guy »

This is for suggestions, and for people who have actually ridden motorcycles, to tell what songs they found went best with riding.

I myself just tried 'Through the Fire and Flames' by 'Dragonforce', and it was effin sweet to listen to as you ride.

Anybody else have their own songs they prefer?
"What's wrong? You've only lost two Pokémon. . . Come at me! Send out your legendaries! Bring in Shuckle! Use your hyper potions! The night is still young... Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! The fun's yet to come! Hurry! Hurry!"
ImageImageImageImageImage

lucky
Apprentice

Re: Motorcycle songs.

#2 Post by lucky »

Nothing. I pay attention so I dont become a part of the vehicle in front of me. You should too. also take the MSF course. seems you might have some bad habits youll need to correct. not trying to flame you. Just some advice.

Graham
Grand Templar

#3 Post by Graham »

I don't listen to music when I ride...first, the combination of wind and the incredibly loud engine three feet from my head wont let me hear anything, unless I had earphones played incredibly loud music. Second, I don't exactly need anything distracting me when riding my bike. It's not like a car where you can go daydreaming and barely even have to hold on to the wheel and be fine. Bikes are very easy to get into an accident with (and an accident on a bike is much worse than one in a car), distractions are very bad, not good.
“Kill if you must, but never hate: Man is but grass and hate is blight, The sun will scorch you soon or late, Die wholesome then, since you must fight.” -Robert Graves

specter
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by specter »

poor MOG, discovers something he thinks is awesome, asks for similar ideas, and is criticized for his riding technique.
Graham wrote: It's not like a car where you can go daydreaming and barely even have to hold on to the wheel and be fine.
|D That's why I stick to the 4 wheel death traps |D

GreencoyotE
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by GreencoyotE »

Highway to Hell by AC/DC, can't have driven on the highway without it. X3
Roadhouse Blues by The Doors works too. Actually, classic rock is pretty good if you're hitting the road on a Harley, cliché, I know but awesome at any rate. :3

CrazyWulf
teh forum lolcat

#6 Post by CrazyWulf »

Try, Oingo Boingo - Little Girls

Holy_458
Le soldat sans Grammaire

#7 Post by Holy_458 »

Furries in a blender - John Freeman
Deadmau5 - I remember
Guns and Roses - Welcome to the jungle
Coheed - welcome home
JediGuy wrote:Why am I sensing that that's going to wind up in a signature somewhere?
Wynni wrote:I love you weirdos. You're my kind of mixed nuts.

Mysterious Old Guy
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by Mysterious Old Guy »

Poor, Poor Lucky,
I know how to do it, do you?

I don't have earphones on as I drive. I have a music system on it. I don't play it in groups of people as it is incredibly loud. It has to be, to get over the noise of the engines.

For everyone else, good songs. I'll see if I can listen to them on the next trip.

I tried another song. 'Carry on my wayward son.' It was great to listen to as well.
"What's wrong? You've only lost two Pokémon. . . Come at me! Send out your legendaries! Bring in Shuckle! Use your hyper potions! The night is still young... Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! The fun's yet to come! Hurry! Hurry!"

specter
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by specter »

It's not the inability to multitask that gets them. That 2 wheeled beast should have your full attention.
You ever seen a paraplegic from a bike wreck? Not pretty.

^^
Not flaming, just saying

Holy_458
Le soldat sans Grammaire

#10 Post by Holy_458 »

Personally, I understand the need to concentrate on the road (seeing how I've been in three accidents since I got my license) so I chose songs that I listen to are a little on the softer side when I'm in a more public location and heavier when there is NO traffic and the road is strait.

Of the songs I listed, the one I listen to the most is Deadmau5 - I Remember because its such a soft song and it reminds me of the city (were I usually ride to). safety is important, Don't be stupid about music, pick something that you can listen to and still pay attention .

Btw, those three times I've been in accident: I hadn't started listening to music wile I was riding yet and I only ever had to go to the hospital once, I always landed on my rear. :|
JediGuy wrote:Why am I sensing that that's going to wind up in a signature somewhere?
Wynni wrote:I love you weirdos. You're my kind of mixed nuts.

Graham
Grand Templar

#11 Post by Graham »

Mysterious Old Guy wrote:Poor, Poor Lucky and Crackers(Graham).
I know how to do it, do you?

I don't have earphones on as I drive. I have a music system on it. I don't play it in groups of people as it is incredibly loud. It has to be, to get over the noise of the engines.

For everyone else, good songs. I'll see if I can listen to them on the next trip.

I tried another song. 'Carry on my wayward son.' It was great to listen to as well.
That's hilarious. Might want to check up on the ratio of motorcycle accidents : car accidents. Then you might want to check up on *why* motorcycle accidents happen the most. If you can't hear an emergency service vehicle getting closer to you because your music is loud (which is illegal btw), or you don't notice the car acting strangely who proceeds to take you out seconds later because you're distracted, you might just paint another lane in the road in red with your face.

Yeah, I *can* listen to music and go riding. It's not like it's a damn challenge to stick earphones in my head. But it's not safe. I've learned a thing or two about not dying, and I learned I like it, so I don't take stupid risks unless I get paid to. I take risks all the time, but doing something as trivial as listening to music while riding which might get me killed is just a dumb idea. I'd appreciate not being criticized for it.
“Kill if you must, but never hate: Man is but grass and hate is blight, The sun will scorch you soon or late, Die wholesome then, since you must fight.” -Robert Graves

Mysterious Old Guy
Templar Inner Circle

#12 Post by Mysterious Old Guy »

Yes, I can understand your point. Personally with music, I choose the kind where I can tune in the music, to the road. If you drive and listen you can almost feel the two sync. That car closing in on your right just so happens to to coincide with the rising of the tune. The pot hole you avoid is followed by a triumphant note in the music.

Basically, if you can concentrate on the road enough, and let the music leak in, it adds to the experience.

Besides, cellphones are a hell of alot more dangerous than music to ride with. And I've seen people using them. Not that it ius a good idea.

And Graham, Vice versa. Respect my choices, and I respect yours. Don't mock my way of driving, if you don't want to try it yourself.

Graham
Grand Templar

#13 Post by Graham »

I never mocked your way of driving, I only called it a dumb idea *after* you took a stab at me in regards to breathing. Clearly you've some superiority issues, buddy. Listen to music all you want, I don't care, all I did was explain why I don't do it. I don't know why you thought that warranted insulting me, but you're sure not getting my respect about anything if that's how you treat people who explain their choice.

Mysterious Old Guy
Templar Inner Circle

#14 Post by Mysterious Old Guy »

Well, if you'll excuse me, I was a tad miffed at how you and Lucky made it sound as if I knew nothing about driving a motorcycle, needed to re-take the test, and was being an idiot. Now that I re-read the posts, I see that it was mostly Lucky, so if it came out at you side-ways, I will retract it. Most of it was directed at Lucky, hence his name coming up first.
As for the breathing thing, I was actually looking fr a funny poster abut motorcycle riding, but that illustrated my point fairly well. It it was personally offensive, then I apologize.

Graham
Grand Templar

#15 Post by Graham »

If by *most* of what was said that made you sound like you don't know what you're doing wasn't said by me, you mean *all*, then sure. I in no way implied you didn't know how to ride a motorcycle. All I did was explain why I don't do it, because of my subjective opinion. In no way at all was that an implication you don't know what you're doing. I never said anything about you needing to retake any test. I never said anything about you being an idiot. I'm not the kind of person who says or implies any of that just because someone does something differently than me. I've seen a fatal motorcycle accident which, although I'll never be sure, appeared to have happened because the motorcyclist just didn't notice something which was hard to miss (an icecream truck). It looked like a painful way to die. I've also already been in one - thankfully minor - motorcycle accident. I take my seriously safety, but in no way was I implying you're an idiot because you listen to music while I don't.

Apology accepted, but I hope you know why I was offended.