What made you smile today? Round 2!

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

TheMasterOfOats
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Florence Ambrose

Re: What made you smile today? Round 2!

#33841 Post by TheMasterOfOats »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:52 pm ... Is there more than one thanksgiving day? Like one for each country?
Oh We do not celebrate thanksgiving in my country in case you were wondering.
Haha, no, Canadians celebrate on the American Columbus Day, so it’s a bit earlier than American thanksgiving. I think that’s the only discrepancy though.

Also why I’m here I should mention what made me smile today: I lost another piece of my phone case, so that was nice. Better the case than the phone itself I guess....

You’re welcome.
Mr. The master of Oats, master of Oats Canada and Canada Oats, in Oats, Canada.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#33842 Post by Bellhead »

This. Erma meets Hazbin Hotel, while I listen to a Hazbin stream.

Also this. And by extension, this, spoiler'd for size.
Spoiler!
The beaming smile of the young woman was a sight to behold. This was it – the car lived – and she and the team had done it under the supervision of the old engineer.

The car sang its song of power, howling arpeggios as she toed the gas pedal. Al walked to the back, carefully inspecting the LS1. He shone the light underneath, looking for leaks – to find nothing. Closing the compartment lid and the louver, he walked to the side.
“John, we have something to do. Come with me. I will be back in an hour, and this car should be in the same place. Am I understood?”

Smokey nodded. “Sure ‘nuf. Ex-zactly the same spot. Understood.”

Al and John left – and Wing and Smokey stared at each other – widening smiles of glee on their faces.

"You know, we really should go get gas for this thing."

"Yup. Hm. That Holiday station in Wayzata still at $2.28 a gallon for Premium?"

"I think so... Hey, I saw there was a station over in Lyndale that had it for $2.14... We should have enough in the tank to get there..."

"Yup."

"I'm driving."

"Y’all thought I was gonna argue?" Smokey grinned. "I'll get the plate - but I git to drive ‘er back.”
I know that feeling, to a friggin' TEE. And I laughed out loud for several minutes as I read and reread it, driving most of my coworkers crazy. No regrets. :)
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#33843 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Mr bellhead always makes me feel out of the loop...

Anyhow today a friend from work gave birth to her first child. And my cousin is also giving birth any minute now! :D
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#33844 Post by Bellhead »

You should feel proud to be out of the loops I find myself in. :roll:

That said, it's mostly just stuff I've found while perusing the interwebs while bored out of my mind. Stainless Steel Angel was linked in the LMP thread, back when DeLoreans came up in the conversation.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

TheMasterOfOats
Apprentice

#33845 Post by TheMasterOfOats »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:16 am Mr bellhead always makes me feel out of the loop...

Anyhow today a friend from work gave birth to her first child. And my cousin is also giving birth any minute now! :D
Congrats to your co-worker and your cousin!
Bellhead wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:50 am You should feel proud to be out of the loops I find myself in. :roll:

That said, it's mostly just stuff I've found while perusing the interwebs while bored out of my mind. Stainless Steel Angel was linked in the LMP thread, back when DeLoreans came up in the conversation.
this scares me....

Also I finished Silverlock's 11, so I can finally get actual work done. (I say that as if it was taking up time, haha)

AND (I don't want to double post) two twokinds fans got into a full on argument on patreon (roughlandin and joshua stewart) and I died of laughter reading it. If you like some internet poop-flinging this is worthy. :mrgreen:

You’re welcome.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#33846 Post by Bellhead »

When you're watching The Red Green Show, and you see an appliance you STILL USE DAILY:

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#33847 Post by Technic[Bot] »

So happy late All saints day (Nov 1st)

And also happy Day of the dead or All Souls day! (Nov 2nd)

Unfortunately thanks to covid y couldn't set my altar but I can't complaint either.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#33848 Post by Bellhead »

Biden won! Happy day! :mrgreen:

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#33849 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Not gonna lie I did not have my hopes ups for him. But I am very glad I was wrong.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#33850 Post by Neutral Smith »

There is no need for me to buy any computer hardware.

I intend to buy new hardware next year, around October-November-December, or even January 2022.

I want to buy the best my money can buy.

All I can do now is laugh at the people who want to buy the new AMD CPUs and GPUs, or the latest Nvidia GPUs. Because they are hard to buy here. 'Out of stock', 'Scalping' (buying with the intention to sell it again with a lot of profit), 'paper launch'... From my point of view it's all very funny.

-edit-
Almost forgot the availability of the new XBox and Playstation.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

TheMasterOfOats
Apprentice

#33851 Post by TheMasterOfOats »

I learned a bit about CANZUK today, so that was cool. It’s also driven mainly by conservatives (my boy Erin O’Toole clutchin up on the world stage) which is interesting, international unions and stuff like that always seemed more liberal to me, but either way JT’s not saying much.🇨🇦🇦🇺🇬🇧🇳🇿

You’re welcome.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#33852 Post by Technic[Bot] »

As I said before we do not really celebrate Thanksgiving in my country México 🇲🇽.
But one of my bosses is Panamanian and he really likes Thanksgiving so he organized a small virtual dinner with the whole team. It feel a bit forced at first but honestly it was a very nice and enjoyable evening with my friends and colleagues.

So what I am trying to say is:
Happy Thanksgiving!
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#33853 Post by Neutral Smith »

Neutral Smith wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:29 pm There is no need for me to buy any computer hardware.

I intend to buy new hardware next year, around October-November-December, or even January 2022.

I want to buy the best my money can buy.

All I can do now is laugh at the people who want to buy the new AMD CPUs and GPUs, or the latest Nvidia GPUs. Because they are hard to buy here. 'Out of stock', 'Scalping' (buying with the intention to sell it again with a lot of profit), 'paper launch'... From my point of view it's all very funny.

-edit-
Almost forgot the availability of the new XBox and Playstation.
I lied.

I needed an external drive, and the Black Friday deal on a Samsung T7 2TB (without the fingerprint scan) was too good to pass.

I have the feeling the price was wrong, but €224.99 ($270.-) is a very good price. Now they are € 416.76 ($500.-) on amazon.nl (the local site, where I bought it) :mrgrin:

Lowest price here is €299.- ($359) but that's 'pre-order' (that shop has a lot of trouble with deliveries these days) and at the more reliable stores the prices start at €322.- ($386.-)

Go on and hate me all you want for buying things on Amazon on Black Friday, I don't care.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#33854 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I do not understand why people need the newests card/console the very second it cames out. Wait a couple of months it is not like they only made 12 or you will die if you do not have one now..

Also why I would hate anyone for buying stuff on black friday Isn't that the point?
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

TheMasterOfOats
Apprentice

#33855 Post by TheMasterOfOats »

Started a new NF streak, feeling good about this one.

I don’t know why y’all would care but hey there you go.

You’re welcome.