What made you smile today? Round 2!

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Hayate
The Hidden User

Re: What made you smile today? Round 2!

#33871 Post by Hayate »

MusicBox wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:38 am I said the f word I'm so fricking cool
Yes, you sure did. But do not create another spam thread. Read the forum rules.
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Warrl
Grand Templar

#33872 Post by Warrl »

Chicken Man wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:34 am :potatoes:

Not spam but quite literally the emoji. A sack of potaotoes. Why?

Lmao
https://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/484/

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#33873 Post by Bellhead »

I recently found a Chevrolet promotional video from 1938 on YouTube. Apparently back then, they decided that the most efficient way to shift a manual transmission was to make it completely vacuum controlled, by a lever the size of a modern turn signal stalk on the side of the steering wheel. 3-on-the-column, but vacuum actuated.

The idea seems a bit excessive in the name of convenience, given how fast such a system would fail in the climate I live in, but the camera work, physical models and animations are beautifully done, and the explanations were top-notch using practical (used to be) real-world examples. It's a bit surprising to see what practical effects could do before CG, and even before movies in color.
The Tick wrote:Science in those days worked in broad strokes! They got RIGHT to the point! These days, it's always molecule, molecule molecule. Nothing ever happens BIG!

*cue prison break alarm in the distance*

Oh what's that, postal fraud?
From "Grandpa Wore Tights", circa 1994
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Chicken Man
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The pizza

#33874 Post by Chicken Man »

Warrl wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:06 pm
Chicken Man wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:34 am :potatoes:

Not spam but quite literally the emoji. A sack of potaotoes. Why?

Lmao
https://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/484/
Thanks for the info but I was being rhetorical.
It's like when a magician reveals his tricks.
That made me frown today. Please move this to rant/ vent/ sad.

Paradoxically this silly post made myself smile/ laugh. What to do?!
I'll cross the road and cluck with you.

TheFrozenSlime
Templar

#33875 Post by TheFrozenSlime »

Been looking through my old posts here, and it's like an archive of an earlier time in my life. A simpler time. Puts a :) on my face. I thought I had largely moved on from the comic/forums by late 2015, but apparently still posted regularly frequently through early 2017! So I was basically only really active here during the entirety of my high school years. Also, as I write this, on the most first page of my recent posts, I one can currently see posts from FOUR separate years; every year from 2018-2021. Heh. "Recent."
Kinda makes sense tho, I don't really follow the comic anymore, and the forum was much more active back in 2015/16 (though, I suppose, that's due in large part to the general decline of most forums of this format caused by the rise of social media.)

Additionally, for the first time in the (Christ, has it already been 6 years?) since I made my account, I am no longer perma-hidden by way of account settings. Let it be known. Now everyone can see how it's months in-between visits here for me.
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\ <------- This is my attack spider. Don't mess with it.
Procrastinator Extraordinaire and Connoisseur of Fine Distractions,
Self-Proclaimed

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#33876 Post by Twippit »

TheFrozenSlime wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:07 am Been looking through my old posts here, and it's like an archive of an earlier time in my life. A simpler time. Puts a :) on my face. I thought I had largely moved on from the comic/forums by late 2015, but apparently still posted regularly frequently through early 2017! So I was basically only really active here during the entirety of my high school years. Also, as I write this, on the most first page of my recent posts, I one can currently see posts from FOUR separate years; every year from 2018-2021. Heh. "Recent."
Kinda makes sense tho, I don't really follow the comic anymore, and the forum was much more active back in 2015/16 (though, I suppose, that's due in large part to the general decline of most forums of this format caused by the rise of social media.)

Additionally, for the first time in the (Christ, has it already been 6 years?) since I made my account, I am no longer perma-hidden by way of account settings. Let it be known. Now everyone can see how it's months in-between visits here for me.
crazy who you might find if you look around a little while. ;)
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#33877 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

This Forum :kathrin:
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#33878 Post by Bellhead »

Tesla Foxtrot wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:18 pm This Forum :kathrin:
This post. Precisely this.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#33879 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:42 am
Tesla Foxtrot wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:18 pm This Forum :kathrin:
This post. Precisely this.
I do really enjoy this place too. And I really like when other people are content
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Spazoid
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#33880 Post by Spazoid »

The owner of the fencing club I might be moving my sales/armory biz to (see my post in the rant thread) telling me today that not only did SHE want me, one of her coaches said "YES" to the idea of me coming on board before she even finished asking him about it! And I don't even know him that well!

nice to be appreciated in my community...I guess after 2 decades, I've got a good rep!
"Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse!"

Chi-Yu
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#33881 Post by Chi-Yu »

I just realized while going through my password safe that this forum still exists and all my now awkward posts from 2009 are still there.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#33882 Post by Bellhead »

Fret not, for most of the people who were here in 2009 are no longer active either.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#33883 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Both my father and my mother are vaccinated (first dose) now that makes me smile!

Thanks for your attention, hope you have a nice day too.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#33884 Post by Bellhead »

This actually happened to me, and that fact alone made me smile.

[censored] Coworker: *sitting in a car, leans back to take a rest while waiting on a computer, sees me coming*
Me: "talking to myself, completely oblivious to the rest of the world*
Coworker: *honks horn, watches me jump, startled, proceeds to laugh hysterically*
Me: "[censored] you."
Coworker: *Still laughing hysterically, gives explanation,* "Sorry, <name>. I just had to. Everything lined up too perfectly not to."
Me: *knows it was a joke from the start* "I get that. And it was a good one. But [censored] you anyway."
Everyone in earshot, including me: *Laughs hysterically*

Gods I love being a mechanic in Massachusetts sometimes. It's so rare these days to find a place so blatantly flippant, but still a friendly environment. I'm home. :D
Spoiler! May or may not be NSFW for language

Spazoid
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#33885 Post by Spazoid »

Some of my sabre students from the old club have arranged to start practicing with me once I get the space rental worked out (probably 2 weeks off). Glad I was able to set something up for them, because in one case, the new club scheduling wasn't working for her...I'm a bit more flexible.

Also, sales are starting to trickle in again...if we have a season starting in August I might be able to get back on my feet.
"Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse!"