What made you smile today? Round 2!

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: What made you smile today? Round 2!

#33751 Post by tony1695 »

So, the trailer for the next Magic The Gathering set, War of the Spark, came out. And holy [censored], the production values, the emotion, it's all about as perfect as it could have been, especially as someone invested in the lore and story. Maybe it won't spark the same kind of reaction from your guys, but I just wanted to share it.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#33752 Post by Neptune »

I finished reading Beastars like a week ago.
Spoiler!
RIP Ibuki. You were best boy
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#33753 Post by Dadrobit »

Been a while since I posted in here!

Anywho, I'm taking a cram class in journalism right now and my first topic was/is for me to write a researched piece on a controversial topic. I asked my folks for some potential topics and these are their answers.

Mom: "Maybe you can write about ISPs and internet subscription services that are charging an arm and a leg for access to online entertainment that tends to under-deliver anyways? It seems like people have to take out loans just to keep up with their internet addictions nowadays."

Dad: "Are dolphins people? Should they get people rights?"

10/10 topics all 'round, I think I have to flip a coin on this one to decide! :mrgrin:

TheFrozenSlime
Templar

#33754 Post by TheFrozenSlime »

Finally got Mario Odyssey today. Currently watching about 16 or so firework shows from my backyard, and only a couple are neighbors. One of these years I'll join them.
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\ <------- This is my attack spider. Don't mess with it.
Procrastinator Extraordinaire and Connoisseur of Fine Distractions,
Self-Proclaimed

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#33755 Post by Dadrobit »

I'm super duper happy. Just got my CCL certificate for Audio Production Technologies this morning! Hopefully by the end of spring I'll finally be able to walk to get my Associates in it, and then I'm considering turning it into a Bachelors in business.I know it's only a CCL, so it's nothing incredibly impressive, but it does feel really good finally getting ~something~ noteworthy after almost 27 years and being a former dropout. :mrgrin:
Spoiler!

Warrl
Grand Templar

#33756 Post by Warrl »

Dadrobit wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:30 pm I'm super duper happy. Just got my CCL certificate for Audio Production Technologies this morning!
I wasn't aware that you needed a Concealed Carry License for those...

:potatoes:

(What was the L really supposed to stand for?)

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#33757 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Congratulations Mr Dadrobit.
And do not minimize your achievements, everything is a step towards something more.
Warrl wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:51 pm
I wasn't aware that you needed a Concealed Carry License for those...

:potatoes:

(What was the L really supposed to stand for?)
Certificate of CompLetion maybe?
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#33758 Post by DariusL »

Dadrobit wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:30 pm I'm super duper happy. Just got my CCL certificate for Audio Production Technologies this morning!
Wooo congrats! I myself studied in a similar field in the last couple of years and finished a certificate in Sound Engineering, a 9 month intensive program in studio recording, mixing, mastering and live sound tech. I now work in the live sound industry because there's a lot more job in that field, especially entry level, but I still dream of the studio life and make it a future goal of mine. It's been a wild ride and it's been so much fun, it's an industry where things move fast and you can work on a lot of cool stuff if you get your name out there

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#33759 Post by Dadrobit »

So I suppose this is a bit of a followup to this nonsense that happened a few days ago. (tl;dr = Sister was a turbo dick about not letting me adopt a puppy and tried to bribe me with it for helping her evict one of my parents good renting families for her own gain)

Well after I cooled off for a few hours, I brought the situation to my parents attention. Evidently word got out from there and half of my family ended up giving her calls to chew her a new [censored] about her despicable behavior. After getting read the riot act a few times, she eventually apologized to me for what she did and now I have a puppy.

His name is Oreo! :mrgrin:
Spoiler!

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#33760 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Lovely pup
That little story reminds me of a saying we have here in my country:
"Family is like the sun. The further the better."
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#33761 Post by Insomniac »

Tonight for dinner, my brother, stepdad, and I ate at a place in our new hometown called Steak 'n' Shake. And their steak double cheeseburger with garlic butter spread, the garlic double steakburger, is the greatest burger I've ever had. And I've had some damn good burgers.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#33762 Post by Insomniac »

At the risk of double posting, I had a quick but positive job interview today with a security guard company, and they asked me back for an orientation on Monday!
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#33763 Post by Bellhead »

My father is doing some rewiring. He's working on the basement stairwell lights, which for some reason is the same circuit as the fridge. Naturally, he killed power on that circuit while he was working on it. What we didn't realize was that, on the other end of the room, the outlet with the TV in it is on that circuit too.

So I'm sitting on the couch, blanket food and remote in hand, watching an anime just get really good, and the screen blips out. The funny part was my reaction:

:| "Daaaaaaaaad? TV just died."
"Oh. Oops."

Made my day.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#33764 Post by Insomniac »

Since my last post in this thread, I got a full time job as an unarmed security guard! I work 12 hour shifts at a food bank Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays from five PM to five AM, and a four shift at a Marriott hotel on Friday to round out my 40 hour week. I haven't REALLY been this happy in AGES!

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#33765 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Insomniac wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:19 am Since my last post in this thread, I got a full time job as an unarmed security guard! I work 12 hour shifts at a food bank Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays from five PM to five AM, and a four shift at a Marriott hotel on Friday to round out my 40 hour week. I haven't REALLY been this happy in AGES!
Congrats for the job man!
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide