Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

Re: What made you smile today? Round 2!

#33796 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

Bellhead wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:39 am
Tesla Foxtrot wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:08 pm Keeping up my tradition on this forum.

Hope everyone is doing well! :kathrin:
Comme ci, comme ca.

I see you've been busy.. So many fresh posts...
A year gone by. ( almost ) So theres alot to tell and join in on. Even if its just for a while.
This forum get me emotional.
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

alex3192
Templar GrandMaster

#33797 Post by alex3192 »

It's been 4 years since I've been on this forum. 10 years since I joined, and 6 years since I made the Corrupt a Wish thread in the game room.

It still lives.

Looking back at what I did here not only was I insanely immature and terribly cringy, but I can now see just how much it's provided a foundation for things I've done since. Writing here, I cannot stress enough, taught me how to write. My first RP on this forum got me on the path to becoming the writer I am now, and the ideas I had here have set the foundations for a larger world that I've since built in my absence.

I've gone on from forum roleplay to voice-acting DnD sessions, yet some of my greatest and most human characters still have their roots in things forum here nearly a decade ago.

Scary thought.
Massage body:
Enter your massage here, it may contain no less than 60000 kneads.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#33798 Post by Neutral Smith »

Fuel price for gasoline is below €1.40 for a liter (lowest I've seen today was €1,379)

But that's still $5.22 for a gallon, to put it in comparison.

At the beginning of the year, with no hint of what 2020 was going to throw at us it was €1,59 for a liter ($6.01 for a gallon)

Now quit complaining about high fuel prices in your country, Netherlands is expensive thanks to all those green/greedy politicians.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#33799 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Neutral Smith wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:21 pm Fuel price for gasoline is below €1.40 for a liter (lowest I've seen today was €1,379)

At the beginning of the year, with no hint of what 2020 was going to throw at us it was €1,59 for a liter ($6.01 for a gallon)

Now quit complaining about high fuel prices in your country, Netherlands is expensive thanks to all those green/greedy politicians.
Gasoline is also returned to pre-2000 era prices in my country too. Which I am not sure if it is a good thing or a bad thing...
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#33800 Post by Bellhead »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:12 pm
Neutral Smith wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:21 pm Fuel price for gasoline is below €1.40 for a liter (lowest I've seen today was €1,379)

Gasoline is also returned to pre-2000 era prices in my country too. Which I am not sure if it is a good thing or a bad thing...
American, and I pass several stations at $1.77 a gallon on my way to work every morning. Few towns over, my dad found two stations in a price war down to $1.63. I might just take a road trip to see my sister for her birthday next week.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

mullac
Templar Inner Circle

#33801 Post by mullac »

Well today marks 10 years of me being on the forums and about 10 years and one week since I found Twokinds! I managed to binge read the whole thing in about 4 nights. I never would have imagined that 10 years later I would still be here waiting for Tom to release the next comic. I think this was the first forum i joined and one of my first deep dives into the internet. Ignoring the age old warning of not talking to strangers on the internet. Heck i didn't even know what a furry was when i joined here. Needless to say I got a rather quick education and got to know a lot of great people. May of whom are no long on these forums but I still remember spending long night on the RP board's instead of studying. Occasionally seeing the sunrise. I know I've not show my face around hear much for a few year but I still love this place and it means a lot to me! Here's to the next 10 years!
He who wanders....in and out of here every 6 months or so 8)

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#33802 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

Applied for a part time job. Just finnished the first asignment. Now im just waiting for the response after my work interview of the full time job i applied for. :kathrin:
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

Chaosye
Grand Templar

#33803 Post by Chaosye »

mullac wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:31 pm Well today marks 10 years of me being on the forums and about 10 years and one week since I found Twokinds! I managed to binge read the whole thing in about 4 nights. I never would have imagined that 10 years later I would still be here waiting for Tom to release the next comic. I think this was the first forum i joined and one of my first deep dives into the internet. Ignoring the age old warning of not talking to strangers on the internet. Heck i didn't even know what a furry was when i joined here. Needless to say I got a rather quick education and got to know a lot of great people. May of whom are no long on these forums but I still remember spending long night on the RP board's instead of studying. Occasionally seeing the sunrise. I know I've not show my face around hear much for a few year but I still love this place and it means a lot to me! Here's to the next 10 years!
alex3192 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:28 am It's been 4 years since I've been on this forum. 10 years since I joined, and 6 years since I made the Corrupt a Wish thread in the game room.

It still lives.

Looking back at what I did here not only was I insanely immature and terribly cringy, but I can now see just how much it's provided a foundation for things I've done since. Writing here, I cannot stress enough, taught me how to write. My first RP on this forum got me on the path to becoming the writer I am now, and the ideas I had here have set the foundations for a larger world that I've since built in my absence.

I've gone on from forum roleplay to voice-acting DnD sessions, yet some of my greatest and most human characters still have their roots in things forum here nearly a decade ago.

Scary thought.
Looks like I wasn't the only one going down memory road :grin:

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#33804 Post by Insomniac »

My job makes me quite happy. I'm an unarmed security officer (Champion National Security in south Austin Texas), and they have me assigned to the local food bank, five to five overnight three nights a week. I tool around online and do a 15 minute patrol every hour. I do jack diddly and walk about 9 miles a night over 12 hours and get paid nearly 400 a week for it :D Easiest job I've had, AND the best paying I've had.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#33805 Post by Bellhead »

MAGE AND DEMON QUEEN IS BACK! I've been waiting SOOO LONG for this!
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

AnApocalypticLime
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: "Madness" Madelyn

#33806 Post by AnApocalypticLime »

I actually forgot when they started the hiatus. I was kinda sad that half the chapter was a recap though, Wednesday is now slowly making it's way back up to my favorite webcomic day (currently it's the Sunday updates for Lumine, I'm the Grim Reaper, and Live With Yourself).

I'm getting better with battle engineer in tf2 and I got Touhou 6 to finally work after punching my computer multiple times.
Wow these things are way harder to come up with than you'd think. Or is that just me?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#33807 Post by Bellhead »

Congrats! On another note, I just spent half an hour watching Windows XP's 3D Pipes screensaver on dual monitors with music on. Screensavers used to be so cool...

Warrl
Grand Templar

#33808 Post by Warrl »

Bellhead wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:41 pm On another note, I just spent half an hour watching Windows XP's 3D Pipes screensaver on dual monitors with music on. Screensavers used to be so cool...
Something for those who haven't defenestrated...

Or if you've reenacted Newton's legendary (and probably mythical) experience...

There's this collection...

Or maybe someone who doesn't dislike screensavers as much as I do can make use of this...

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#33809 Post by Insomniac »

Got a text yesterday that the barbershop I use was reopened, and RAN to my car because it's been too many months since my last haircut. I. Feel. ALIVE AGAIN!
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#33810 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Insomniac wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:50 pm Got a text yesterday that the barbershop I use was reopened, and RAN to my car because it's been too many months since my last haircut. I. Feel. ALIVE AGAIN!
I gave up I hate having long hair but I my local barbershop is still closed. So I ordered a clipper online and did my own hair. The result is terrible but I am way more comfortable now and since I am not going outside, who cares? besides every barber in the city charges a ridiculous fee for a simple haircut. So it is self haircuts for me!
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide