What made you smile today? Round 2!

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

Re: What made you smile today? Round 2!

#33646 Post by Dadrobit »

Feeling pretty darn good right about now. :mrgrin:

Early this year was not kind in the health department. Landed myself in the hospital and wasn't able to continue exercising as I had been for a good long while. Not gonna lie though, I definitely put off getting back into it way more than I should have, and lapsing into a rather crap diet surely helped engender my passivity...

Fast forward to last month where I had an endoscopy and an ultrasound done that showed myself not in the finest of shape, and I vowed to get back to it.

Getting back on the bike really hit me hard with how badly I'd fallen off, but with a purified diet and consistent exercise every day, almost three weeks later I'm down ten pounds and way up in spirits.

Hopefully by the end of the year I can achieve maximum smoulder! :mrgrin:

Jonesy
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#33647 Post by Jonesy »

The other day, I discovered that the cast of Mystery Science Theatre 3000 (which, for those unfamiliar, essentially consisted of giving cheesy B-grade movies a comedic commentary of 'riffs') did a short-lived production called Cinematic Titanic, based on the same basic format as the original show. In one of the episodes I watched, there's a company called Starling Enterprises. Upon seeing this, one of the cast did one of the best riffs I've ever heard; "These are the voyages of Starling Enterprises..."

Special mention goes to man rummaging through a room for something, with the observation that "He's looking for love in all the wrong places."

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#33648 Post by Bellhead »

On the first Monday of next month, I will be starting work at an auto dealership as a tech. Big steps ahead!

That said, now I have to work on getting better tools, a decent box, some kind of reliable fuel-efficient rain-proof vehicle...

This is too much adulating for me right now. Everything is happening at once to the point of 'I haven't been on the forums in months'. It's very frustrating.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#33649 Post by Hayate »

Woke up just in time to catch the eclipse! It's pretty neat, feels so dark and cool out. Wish I had a better way to watch it though. I feel like wearing 3 pairs of sunglasses and squinting really hard isn't the best thing...
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#33650 Post by Dadrobit »

Classes start today! \o/

Light schedule this time, only two classes, but full Monday through Friday. Love the coursework though, so it should be another rad fall semester. :mrgrin:

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#33651 Post by FrogSteaks »

Went to one of the local parks today to view the eclipse, and somebody had a telescope set up to reflect down on a sheet of paper in a music stand.
(spoiler'd for size...)
Spoiler!
This was right around peakImage
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#33652 Post by Cyon »

FrogSteaks wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:20 pm Went to one of the local parks today to view the eclipse, and somebody had a telescope set up to reflect down on a sheet of paper in a music stand.
(spoiler'd for size...)
Spoiler!
This was right around peakImage
Oh that's pretty sick! Reminds me of when I watched Venus cross the sun last year in Britain where I used a similar device.
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#33653 Post by Neutral Smith »

Photos of me are very rare, but seeing myself on an advertisement of what I am going to do today made me smile.

I wanted to give you a Google Translate link of it, but the translation made me fall of my chair laughing. Some words are a bit hard to translate, Dutch is not as bad as German with composed words, but let's say I am not an elephant troop, and I don't have eel rocks.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#33654 Post by Dadrobit »

I got my PS4 Pro back from the shop today! Back to The Witcher 3! :mrgrin:

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#33655 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Dadrobit wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:24 am I got my PS4 Pro back from the shop today! Back to The Witcher 3! :mrgrin:
Yay for Witcher 3 :D Just finished the story myself (still a ton of other stuff to do, but hey, Geralt x Triss worked out)
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#33656 Post by Cyon »

Oh also on the eclipse note, if you haven't seen it already watch this:
Space Station Transiting 2017 ECLIPSE, My Brain Stopped Working - Smarter Every Day 175
Absolutely blew my mind!

Also, I'm getting a 3D printer! Time to break out my CAD design software, haven't had an opportunity to use it since a year ago when I was still abroad.
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

#33657 Post by Kellard »

Dadrobit wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:24 am I got my PS4 Pro back from the shop today! Back to The Witcher 3! :mrgrin:
Nice!
Easily one of my favorite games. Too bad I've played it for so long that I barely have anything fun to do anymore.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#33658 Post by SirSlaughter »

I passed my weight requirements with flying colors! I ship out soon!

I am now a future Airmen! Air Force here I come!

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#33659 Post by Dadrobit »

Been auditioning for a part in a play the last few days. Made it through the initial auditions, made it to callbacks, and to the second callbacks, before finally being cut for the final casting.

Still feel pretty good about it though. Made it to the top 7 of 5 open positions and only lost due to it being "pretty much a coin-toss cut" between myself and the other guys who all had either between three and "I've been doing this my whole life" years of experience... Whereas I have exactly none. :mrgrin:

Had a good time with this, definitely gonna audition for the next play in a few months and see if I can actually get cast. :mrgrin:

CagedTheCactus

#33660 Post by CagedTheCactus »

I finally got the parts in for my cd player, and got it working again. I have a Yamaha CDC-705, manufactured in 1990, that a neighbor gave me, and about a week ago the cd tray stopped going in and out. The new belt that I ordered for it came today, and while it seems like a pretty small deal, it feels good to finally have something done in my sea of unfinished projects (especially with school taking up more and more of my time).

Also, outlets at Ace Hardware are apparently only 59 cents, which made me really happy when I decided to add one to the wiring for the air filter I'm building for my workshop. I was pleasantly surprised by that.
Making stuff, well, that's one thing. Making that stuff work, though, that's something totally different.