What made you smile today? Round 2!

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

MoonSticks
Master

Re: What made you smile today? Round 2!

#33631 Post by MoonSticks »

I have to say that right now, I'm happy, happy about the fact that while it's 3:30 in England, I've finally got the little one to sleep and can now watch some crunchyroll :heart:
|D :heart: MOMMY MOON :heart: |D

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

STOP FEEDING ME MARSBARS!...

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#33632 Post by SirSlaughter »

Oh goodness. So I guess I really should pay more attention to the forums. I remember making a post a while back that I was legit scared that someone from here was dead. Welp turns out they are alive and well and they even made posts a while back.

Found them on Facebook having made posts not even 4 hours ago as of this post. Jesus, it's good to know that person didn't die. One of the last posts they made AGES ago was along the lines of: Mortars are being fired near me.
I don't know why this news makes me so happy. I mean I am relieved but dear god...DON'T YOU PEOPLE [censored] WORRY ME LIKE THAT!

I joined the friggin Air Force in the hopes I could keep you stupid [censored] alive!

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#33633 Post by Cyon »

Dadrobit wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:46 pm*sound engineering paragraphs*
Wow cool stuff! I just flew back today from England where I was visiting a university and got to see some of the sound engineering facilities along with the aeronautical engineering ones (more relevant to what I'm hoping to study). There were multiple demonstrations including a computer-controlled CNC milling machine which was being used to make solid brass bottle openers. Can't wait to try it out (even if I won't drink the bottle :wink: )

Really enjoyed getting to see some old friends again in London, most of whom I don't get to speak to on a daily basis.
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#33634 Post by The Rookie »

MoonSticks wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:29 am I have to say that right now, I'm happy, happy about the fact that while it's 3:30 in England, I've finally got the little one to sleep and can now watch some crunchyroll :heart:
Hey, you're back! Congrats on the little girl, Moon. I started to get worried you'd forget all about us after those last few months of silence. Anyway, I can't express how happy I am to hear both you and the little one are in good health. Best wishes for the future :mrgreen:
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#33635 Post by Foxx Trotter »

I went to Raleigh Supercon earlier today and purchased some fantasy novels as well as talked with a couple people...primarily Greg Valentine and Jim Duggan (What? WRESTLERS?!? :o) Since I had to work later in the day, I was only there for about an hour. Plenty of other celebrities attending the event, with a few of them already having lengthy lines including Ric Flair, Tara Strong, Ernie Hudson, Lee Majors, Brent Spiner and Levar Burton to name some. I got there just after opening, so not too many visitors yet but plenty of walking room. Anyway, a fun time in downtown Raleigh before going to work. :)
Videre videnda.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#33636 Post by Dadrobit »

So yeah, it might be almost 90 degrees already even though it's only 5 in the morning... But hey! We can still get some pretty dope post-rain desert sunrises! :mrgrin:

Pictures really don't do it justice. Also, I'm not a photographer. Also, its a phone camera.

Still nice to wake up to though! :mrgrin:

Bernardinio

#33637 Post by Bernardinio »

Really beautiful sunrise even with a phone camera !!!
If life gives you a lemon, make lemonade!

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#33638 Post by Bellhead »

Been reading H&L with my girlfriend, and she likes it a lot.

Also, the AC still (kinda-sorta) blows (somewhat) colder air than outside, so that's a plus :roll:

Also, I've been reading this. It's changing my life, almost as much as Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.
EDIT spoiler'd because PC and all that. Also language, depending on your personal filters. So NSFW, but not really.
Spoiler!
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#33639 Post by Warrl »

Bellhead wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:15 am Been reading H&L with my girlfriend, and she likes it a lot.
H&L?

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#33640 Post by Dadrobit »

Finally made it home. The folks at the hospital decided it was best to hold me overnight. Winning the "One in 10,000 have complications with anesthesia" lottery is kinda a big deal I suppose. But they were all good folks taking care of me. They even got me a bit of cake for having to spend a part of my birthday laid out.

But I'm home now, just had a good shower, and now I'm gonna treat myself to a bit of IHOP! :mrgrin:

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#33641 Post by SirSlaughter »

Been having a pretty great time streaming games while on my 2 week vacation.

I really needed this vacation and the time to play games I've had in my library for years.
I finished the new DOOM. Love every bit of it.
About to finish Wolfenstein.
currently streaming Overwatch competitive on my twitch. You should come check it out and say hi.
https://www.twitch.tv/sirslaughter91 <----- Shameless plug

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#33642 Post by Bellhead »

Warrl wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:25 am
Bellhead wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:15 am Been reading H&L with my girlfriend, and she likes it a lot.
H&L?
Human and Lupusad, Jonesy's story. It's a pretty good read. Over 30 chapters, but worth it.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#33644 Post by Dadrobit »

ThunderVolt wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:14 am
That seems like a really generic response. You can find oodles of animal people on DeviantArt, loads uploaded every hour.
Hey now! That's no ordinary artist of floofy animal people, that's our very own Infinitedge! The purveyor of the floofiest of animal people! :mrgrin:

Good to see him expanding on his business, should probably go throw a few bucks his way.

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#33645 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Dadrobit wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:16 am
ThunderVolt wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:14 am
That seems like a really generic response. You can find oodles of animal people on DeviantArt, loads uploaded every hour.
Hey now! That's no ordinary artist of floofy animal people, that's our very own Infinitedge! The purveyor of the floofiest of animal people! :mrgrin:

Good to see him expanding on his business, should probably go throw a few bucks his way.
Heh, yea, there's some really great floofy stuff :)

(I really wish I had the talent... )

EDIT: Recieved my copy of Myre - Chronicles of Yria today :D
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now