What made you smile today? Round 2!

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

Re: What made you smile today? Round 2!

#33616 Post by Foxx Trotter »

I purchased an admission ticket for Raleigh Supercon next month. Won't be there that long, though, as I still have to work later in the day. It's better than nothing.
Videre videnda.

GyroFox
Apprentice

#33617 Post by GyroFox »

My current life situation today and thinking about it made me smile a bit.

:potatoes: :potatoes: :natani: :potatoes: :potatoes:

Don't be silly, bullying sucks 8)

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#33618 Post by Cyon »

ThunderVolt wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:44 pm Wait, what?
OUR LORD HAS RETURNED
*heads over to the sad thread about how it's not actually the case*

Also, I got my result back for my Aeronautical Initiation exam. Passed with flying colours, I can now start training to get a private pilot's license, and since I'm under 21 up to half of the fees are paid for by the national aeronautical association for aviation!
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Warrl
Grand Templar

#33619 Post by Warrl »

Cyon wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:22 pmAlso, I got my result back for my Aeronautical Initiation exam. Passed with flying colours, I can now start training to get a private pilot's license, and since I'm under 21 up to half of the fees are paid for by the national aeronautical association for aviation!
There's a heck of a lot of job openings for commercial airline pilots, and it pays well...

(About a decade ago I read an article in Forbes saying that over the next 20 years, the entire output of then-existing commercial-pilot-training schools worldwide was insufficient to supply the pilots needed for the expected increase of commercial aviation in China. Let alone any expansion in the rest of the world, or replacements for retiring pilots.)

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#33620 Post by Dadrobit »

I'm in a love/hate relationship right now. I think these little guys are awesome to find, catch, and look at, because they're pretty cool little bugs. But screw them when they fly into your face out of nowhere. Terrifying little [censored] when they do that...

Nothing for scale here, but this guy was just short of 3 inches, around the size of a thumb, (I've seen them go well over 4 inches in the past). The Palo Verde (Root Borer) Beetle. This one was hanging out under my porch light as I came home earlier.

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#33621 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Just got a call today: New job likely coming up soon :D
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#33622 Post by Myperson54 »

My girlfriend came over to spend the weekend with me last Saturday. It was pretty awesome, considering we live in different cities.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

GyroFox
Apprentice

#33623 Post by GyroFox »

My garden progressing :grin: :heart:

:potatoes: :potatoes: :natani: :potatoes: :potatoes:

Don't be silly, bullying sucks 8)

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#33624 Post by SirSlaughter »

Well I ship out in two moths so in the meanwhile I'm ordering a bunch of small things for my car to get it back up to par since the accident/my show days before I go. I have new brakes on the way, I just installed a new License plate Neon tube border, I got new Laminex Fog light covers, some vinyls are on the way, and more.

I also have a 2 week vacation on the way soon and I'm gonna play the ever living [censored] out of my games. Breath of The Wild, Undertale, Doom, Wolfenstien, Hyperdimensia Neptunia, Subnautica, Dragon Age Inquisition, Megaman Battle Network Series, Megaman Starforce Series, and so many more. I'm gonna marathon this so hard.

From there after I get my car spruced up again and I clean everything out proper, I'm gonna hit the Drag strip a few last times to get that out of my system and benchmark the car so I know what to look forward to when I go stage 3 after a new intercooler and some other mods.

And of course, I have to clean the 7 guns I own and prep them for a long few months in the safe. I'm gonna have a busy and awesome couple of weeks.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#33625 Post by Warrl »

SirSlaughter wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:08 am Well I ship out in two moths
One for you and one for stuff you take with you? Or do they take you apart and reassemble you at the destination?

And how do they get the moths to stop flitting around the runway lights and actually land?

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#33626 Post by SirSlaughter »

Warrl wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:10 pm
SirSlaughter wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:08 am Well I ship out in two moths
One for you and one for stuff you take with you? Or do they take you apart and reassemble you at the destination?

And how do they get the moths to stop flitting around the runway lights and actually land?
They Ship me with my stuff first, then my personal jet gets disassembled and shipped out in one massive crate for me to put back together as a test.
And no....the moths never land....they NEVER. FRIGGIN. LAND! Always doing their own damned thing.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#33627 Post by Dadrobit »

:mrgrin: :mrgrin: :mrgrin:

FLCL is coming back!!!

phpBB [video]

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#33628 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Starting my new job in 2 weeks, woohoo :grin:
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

Akira110
Literary Artist

#33629 Post by Akira110 »

After being single for almost half the year, I have a girlfriend now. She's a wonderful woman who really makes me happy.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#33630 Post by Dadrobit »

Went to see Spiderman, it was awesome, laughed more than I thought I would. :mrgrin: