What made you smile today? Round 2!

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: What made you smile today? Round 2!

#33586 Post by tony1695 »

phpBB [video]

Some people have too much time on their hands. WAY too much time.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#33587 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

So, I was in Salzburg today at a classic car race. Man, so many awesome cars. Alfas, Porsches, Volvos, Fords, Ferraris, Mercedes, etc from all over the last century.

The oldest car was 1908, I think. There was even a LeMans racer, and it was just so friggin LOUD
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

ChiaNyx

#33588 Post by ChiaNyx »

Bellhead wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:56 pm This happened at work today. We were cleaning out a clogged floor drain.
I wrote:Ooh! A Penny!
Assistant manager wrote:[censored] that penny. [censored] everything about that penny. [censored] that penny's mother. I hope that penny dies in a fire.
My Bell told me this story after we found a penny....and I went" [censored] that penny, and it's mama ....ahhh funny memories
There are always at least three sides to a story. |D

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#33589 Post by Dadrobit »

So for those not in the know, Phoenix Comicon is going on right now, (attending the whole thing myself) and we just had a pretty gnarly scare.

Yesterday a man in all black entered the con with three pistols, a shotgun, knives, ammunition, and body armor with the intent to kill a bunch of cops. He was apprehended while he was still scoping the police and security out. As a result, going forward no prop weapons of any kind will be allowed into the con, security is heightened, and access is reduced.

So while that sounds sucky, (and it surely is) I'm gonna go ahead and post in the happy thread anyways.

In a time where you hear about attacks killing dozens of people almost every other week, I'm gonna take solace in the knowledge that this time, they got the guy ~before~ anyone died.

So thank you to the officers and investigators of Phoenix, AZ. for keeping everyone safe and alive! And thanks to the organizers of Phoenix Comicon for deciding to ~not~ just shut the whole thing down in the face of fear!

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to head back out there and spend a bunch of money on stuff I don't need! :mrgrin:

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#33590 Post by TinyVoices »

ThunderVolt wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 9:40 pm WAIT WHAT
Spoiler!
This was on the Minecraft wiki.
They were getting flak for letting you tame parrots by giving them cookies. In real life, cookies are poisonous to parrots. So kids were killing the family pet by mimicking Minecraft logic.

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#33591 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Although I don't drink, this is quite a feat. Large fermentation tanks are currently being transported 225 miles by barge on the Erie Canal in New York State from Albany to Rochester to be installed at the Genesee Brewing Company. As of this morning, the tanks were passing through Lock 28B in Newark...which is about 30 miles east of Rochester. They are supposed to be off-loaded from the barges near Rochester either tomorrow or Wednesday and slowly transported by truck to the downtown brewery. WROC TV posted a video yesterday when the tanks were passing through the lock near Clyde.

I'm originally from this area of New York before moving in 1995.

In other New York news, Homer Simpson was 'inducted' into the National Baseball Hall of Fame at Cooperstown on Saturday. :grin:
Videre videnda.

midnightblink
Council Member

#33592 Post by midnightblink »

Furlandia this year was awesome, spent time with a lot of friends, had a lot of laughs, amd danced my [censored] off at the rave (especially during my BFs set, he was AMAZING)
Primum Non Nocere

Hayate
The Hidden User

#33593 Post by Hayate »

midnightblink wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 4:38 am Furlandia this year was awesome, spent time with a lot of friends, had a lot of laughs, amd danced my [censored] off at the rave (especially during my BFs set, he was AMAZING)
That does sound like a lot of fun... I can't remember if it's come up before, but do you have an actual suit?
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

midnightblink
Council Member

#33594 Post by midnightblink »

Hayate wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 4:53 pm
midnightblink wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 4:38 am Furlandia this year was awesome, spent time with a lot of friends, had a lot of laughs, amd danced my [censored] off at the rave (especially during my BFs set, he was AMAZING)
That does sound like a lot of fun... I can't remember if it's come up before, but do you have an actual suit?
Sadly, I don't have a couple grand to spend on a suit. At some point, I just want to get a partial with head, legs, and arms, but that won't be for a LONG, LONG time.
Primum Non Nocere

Hayate
The Hidden User

#33595 Post by Hayate »

midnightblink wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 3:51 am
Hayate wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 4:53 pm
Sadly, I don't have a couple grand to spend on a suit. At some point, I just want to get a partial with head, legs, and arms, but that won't be for a LONG, LONG time.
I think it would be fun to try, but its so expensive...
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#33596 Post by tony1695 »

I'm irrationally happy that I got the Wolfhawk mount in WoW on my Worgen Hunter, then tamed one of the three Wolfhawks, then changed Hati's appearance to match the Wolfhawk.
So much wolf!
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Tetrahedron
Merchant

#33597 Post by Tetrahedron »

Had a firefighter seminar with real fire yesterday. One part was how the fire stats and how the smoke develops during the fire, together with some acclimatisation to the heat. The second part was to search a basement for a person and fighting the fire.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#33598 Post by Dadrobit »

Just got back from an eye exam, (first in almost four years) and my vision is still largely unchanged, and the doc says aside from my slight nearsightedness, (20-25) my eyes still look to be in perfect health. :mrgrin:

My only negative is that my frames are no longer available in metal blue, and my next pair is going to have to be brown...

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#33599 Post by Cyon »

(Quote removed by user request -Turaiel)
T'was glorious! What is it with me liking songs before they become internet memes?

Reminds me of the time when I first discovered Darude - Sandstorm: A montage about Russian Zubr hovercraft 8)
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Akira110
Literary Artist

#33600 Post by Akira110 »

I've finally completed the very first area to my RPG.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.