What made you smile today? Round 2!

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

xamali
Grand Templar

Re: What made you smile today? Round 2!

#33496 Post by xamali »

Neat, seems like the forum is back. On another note, I'm on my grandparent's place. It's nice here, though I do miss my stuff back home. Who knows, maybe I can concentrate and focus a little to work while I'm here.
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

LordWeirdo
Traveler

#33497 Post by LordWeirdo »

As of last night, an event scheduled for today that I had been planning since November seemed to have only a few attendees coming. (This was an annual event, but it's been coordinated by several different people over the last decade—this was my second year.) But when we got started earlier this afternoon, we had 15 people besides myself, so my work wasn't entirely in vain.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#33498 Post by Dadrobit »

Last Wednesday, I acquired a massive collection of my childhood, (and other assorted goodness).
Spoiler!
My local Best Buy is going out of business, so I decided to stop in to see what could be had/haggled. Total retail price was about $350. Sale price brought it down to $120. Then with a liberal application of Roguish Charm, I got the lady behind the counter to knock it down to $60.

[censored]' Score!

Titles:
Akira (not pictured)
The Wind Rises (not pictured)
Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit Trilogies 6 BlueRay set (not pictured)
Escaflowne (one of my very first animes)
Cowboy Bebop - The Complete Series
Nausiccaa of the Valley of the Wind (one of the very first movies I recall of my life(I actually still remember picking this out of the children's section of the local Blockbuster when I was like 4! They had a little circular waist high section for kid's cartoon movies back in the day))
Princess Mononoke
Wolf Children
Ponyo
Pom Poko
Spirited Away
My Neighbor Totoro (another very first movie)
Castle in the Sky
Howl's Moving Castle
Kiki's Delivery Service

I am going to marathon ~SO~ hard over Spring Break!

amenon
Grand Templar

#33499 Post by amenon »

Dadrobit wrote:I am going to marathon ~SO~ hard over Spring Break!
Congrats on the awesome haul :grin:

I should rewatch some of the Ghibli flicks myself. So good :heart:
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#33500 Post by Schrodinger »

Forum is back and I went to a baseball game. This is a good day.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#33501 Post by Dadrobit »

So some of the members of the country club I provide security for just got married. They had their own fireworks display put on and it was pretty spectacular. The place is nestled inside a mountain range so the reverb on each explosion was intense as all get out. Like three plus seconds of decay and the thing lasted a good fifteen minutes. Had a pretty good viewing from my guard house.

Oh to be filthy rich... :mrgrin:

midnightblink
Council Member

#33502 Post by midnightblink »

I was watching a video on youtube about the southern accent, specifically Kevin Spacey's accent on House of Cards, and I began to think "do I have an accent?" Now, of course, I know I have an American accent, but I was specifically curious about having a regional American accent, like southern, or New Yorker, or California valley, and it turns out, the Pacific Northwest does have a slight accent that deviates from the general American. One of the funniest quirks I found is something called the cot-caught merger, which means I have no idea that those two words are pronounced differently. Like, literally, I just don't know how to pronounce them differently. We also apparently invented the term "spendy", meaning expensive, and even right now, I see a red squiggle line under that word, and I think "what? That's totally a word". It's interesting to see how the way you speak is different from how others speak, I recommend others looking up their own regional accents :mrgreen:
Primum Non Nocere

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#33503 Post by Dadrobit »

midnightblink wrote:I was watching a video on youtube about the southern accent, specifically Kevin Spacey's accent on House of Cards, and I began to think "do I have an accent?" Now, of course, I know I have an American accent, but I was specifically curious about having a regional American accent, like southern, or New Yorker, or California valley, and it turns out, the Pacific Northwest does have a slight accent that deviates from the general American. One of the funniest quirks I found is something called the cot-caught merger, which means I have no idea that those two words are pronounced differently. Like, literally, I just don't know how to pronounce them differently. We also apparently invented the term "spendy", meaning expensive, and even right now, I see a red squiggle line under that word, and I think "what? That's totally a word". It's interesting to see how the way you speak is different from how others speak, I recommend others looking up their own regional accents :mrgreen:
Actually looked into that not so long ago after realizing that Arizonan's really don't seem to have any accent to speak of that distinguishes us. Excepting Hispanics and Native Americans, generally we're very good at formal enunciation, at worst you'll hear a very very subtle southern/western drawl if you're from a more rural part of the state.

Sorry, Raising Arizona lied to you. We do not sound anything like that...

LordWeirdo
Traveler

#33504 Post by LordWeirdo »

ThunderVolt wrote:Image

I wAlK a LoNeLy RoAd
Yet Google is always there...watching your every move..
Dadrobit wrote:
midnightblink wrote:I was watching a video on youtube about the southern accent, specifically Kevin Spacey's accent on House of Cards, and I began to think "do I have an accent?" Now, of course, I know I have an American accent, but I was specifically curious about having a regional American accent, like southern, or New Yorker, or California valley, and it turns out, the Pacific Northwest does have a slight accent that deviates from the general American. One of the funniest quirks I found is something called the cot-caught merger, which means I have no idea that those two words are pronounced differently. Like, literally, I just don't know how to pronounce them differently. We also apparently invented the term "spendy", meaning expensive, and even right now, I see a red squiggle line under that word, and I think "what? That's totally a word". It's interesting to see how the way you speak is different from how others speak, I recommend others looking up their own regional accents :mrgreen:
Actually looked into that not so long ago after realizing that Arizonan's really don't seem to have any accent to speak of that distinguishes us. Excepting Hispanics and Native Americans, generally we're very good at formal enunciation, at worst you'll hear a very very subtle southern/western drawl if you're from a more rural part of the state.

Sorry, Raising Arizona lied to you. We do not sound anything like that...
My accent was slightly Southern until I discovered country music. Since then, it has become slowly but surely more Southern. xD

xamali
Grand Templar

#33505 Post by xamali »

After a week away, I'm home. Feels good to be back.
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#33506 Post by kiabugboy »

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#33507 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Finally playing Mass Effect Andromeda woohoo :mrgreen:
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#33508 Post by SirJahar »

Its St. Patrick's day, Friday, and I have beer at home.

midnightblink
Council Member

#33509 Post by midnightblink »

And now, a short intermission by academy award winning actor, Nicolas Cage.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lct6x-XqWrw[/video]

Magnificent
Primum Non Nocere

Hayate
The Hidden User

#33510 Post by Hayate »

I survived St.Patricks day 2017
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--