What made you smile today? Round 2!

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Jarlath
Citizen

Re: What made you smile today? Round 2!

#33256 Post by Jarlath »

minime wrote:
dartvader48 wrote:god, i think im jealous, im still single and im 17, maybe i do need to live a lonely life (;_;)
(pss... should i get a girl soon?)
Why are you jealous, i'm 19 and never even had a real friend, i've had no shot at a relationship no matter how hard i tried

Besides, 17 is a young age
Sigh.. Making me feel old... There is no smile from that. Boooo!
I lived through that age, I was a computer geek into comics and RPG's. Not too much lady action in those hobbies let me tell you.
I started hanging out with OTHER geeks, all computer ones. I joined BBS's to play games and met more friends (Try using 300 baud dial up and then complain about slow internet to me...).
My groups of friends did indeed grow and shrink over the years. My oldest friends that I STILL to this day play online with occassionally are ones I made in high school 25 years ago.

The key to pretty much anything is self confidence. Never be afraid to fail. However hunting specifically for the purpose of a long term relationship seems counterproductive to me.
Talk to the clerks at the variety store. Start by saying hi, thank you, ask about something/help for something.

I've had 2 true girlfriends over the years in any meaningful relationships. Both started our as nothing more than talking as part of a group of friends. The last one I met in 1992 by hanging out with my friends and through them her brother. We started actually going out solo (dating) in 1993, and we married in 2000. So I'm a tad oldschool I guess since we dated for 7 years; and happily we are still together today. That memory brings a smile to my face.

The biggest challenges you will ever mentally face is from your own ability to overcome failure and rejection.
An old friend told me once that he went clubbing to pick up women. For every 15 he asked, there was one who said yes. (He's still single BTW, wonder why...)

I can tell you truly however, self confidence in the ability to do something and accept whatever the result is is something I wish I would have known through high school.
Never be afraid to just talk to people. Don't look at them as if they are GF material, just talk to them as though they were anyone else.
Join an anime club/art class/RPG group at a local games/comic/rpg store. Something to get you out of the house. One of the other big things is to find a job, even part time, to ensure you have social interaction at a face to face level. Find a local club/group of some sort and go to a gathering. No one will ever get to know you personally if you don't talk to them.
Face to face means a physical presence and on the spot communication, which for some can be a huge issue.

Simple guidelines.
Never be afraid to make a mistake. Mistakes allow us to learn and grow. Example: Short out the computer motherboard by dropping a screw on it when it was powered up?
Never be afraid to ask for help. Somethings you cannot do alone, or know how to do. Example: Asking someone for directions because you are lost?
Never be afraid to start over. Ask for forgiveness/do over/second chance/etc... Example: Did you come across as an [censored] without knowing it when you first talked to someone?
Never be afraid of things you have no control over. Accept it and move on. Example: That woman you like, goes and dates one of your friends instead...
(I am speaking from experience in all of these things)

I never really found myself, who I was comfortable being; until I was in my mid 20's. The joy of being young is that you get to discover who you are. At 17 and 19, you are just beginning.

Of course this is my personal opinion. Take it for what it is.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#33257 Post by Hayate »

I have come home to an empty apartment for a change. Its nice not having anyone else around for a bit. Its been awkward lately having some of my roommates 'friends' hanging around even when they aren't here :/
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Samantaz
Master

#33258 Post by Samantaz »

dartvader48 wrote:god, i think im jealous, im still single and im 17, maybe i do need to live a lonely life (;_;)
I'm 19 and i never had any GF or BF, nor sex. And It's not planned for soon.
So be patient ! Finding the one you're happy with may take some time !
I'm not saying that i'm Batman, But nobody saw Batman and me together.

Furcode : FCF3a A C- D+++ H++ P- R- T++ W-- Sf- RLTI a- cl++ e++ f- h** iw+++ j- p-- sm-
Awesome avatar by Kiabugboy

dartvader48
Master

#33259 Post by dartvader48 »

Samantaz wrote:
tbh, i expect no girlfriend, i dont want to take care of another thing beside homework. love is too complicated to me, and i rather stick with computer games. :P
Stream link: https://picarto.tv/dartvader48
Be cunning, be hydrated, be a water-fox 8)
Deviant
Artist
Vulpine
Art
Dangerously
Extraordinaryly
Reliable
Mank deme
Come to the Dark Side

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#33260 Post by Ketzal »

I'm 24 with no real relationships besides a couple of faulty starts. meanwhile my 18 year old brother has had a few relationships that have backfired pretty badly on him.

I think you're better off waiting :P

I don't know if it's the Adhd meds I've been taking or something else, but I've just felt a lot more active lately. I still have my couch potato sessions, granted, but I feel like starting to do some early jogging like I used to do in high school

Jarlath
Citizen

#33261 Post by Jarlath »

You gotta smile at that...

Warrl
Grand Templar

#33262 Post by Warrl »

Samantaz wrote:
FIRST, work on being happy with yourself.

It's easier to have a great life and find someone to share it with, than to find someone who will make your life great.

(Plus, if you DON'T find someone, you still have a great life!)

Akira110
Literary Artist

#33263 Post by Akira110 »

I got a little smirk when I caught Solgaleo in a Luxury Ball. I have finally, ever since its inception in Gen 3, caught something in a Luxury Ball.

By the way, Zero Resets. Second throw.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

dartvader48
Master

#33264 Post by dartvader48 »

Warrl wrote: FIRST, work on being happy with yourself.

It's easier to have a great life and find someone to share it with, than to find someone who will make your life great.

(Plus, if you DON'T find someone, you still have a great life!)
yeah! no GF work for me, im just kidding when i say i'm grateful for someone who do. i'm kidding about the jealous part.
i mean look at me, does this face look like it can get any girl?
Stream link: https://picarto.tv/dartvader48
Be cunning, be hydrated, be a water-fox 8)
Deviant
Artist
Vulpine
Art
Dangerously
Extraordinaryly
Reliable
Mank deme
Come to the Dark Side

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#33265 Post by judah4 »

Yes??? It takes time but you guys will find your one :grin: I'm just lucky to find mine! Not sure exactly how, I am terrible at communicating with people and opening up to them.

She got me an awesome cake!

Jarlath
Citizen

#33266 Post by Jarlath »

judah4 wrote:Yes??? It takes time but you guys will find your one :grin: I'm just lucky to find mine! Not sure exactly how, I am terrible at communicating with people and opening up to them.

That is an awesome cake! Can you ask where she got it? BTW, what is the gold hoop (pin?) in the background?

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#33267 Post by Vintage »

Wow! That's an awesome looking cake!
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#33268 Post by judah4 »

Jarlath wrote:
judah4 wrote:Yes??? It takes time but you guys will find your one :grin: I'm just lucky to find mine! Not sure exactly how, I am terrible at communicating with people and opening up to them.

http://i.imgur.com/hGLKS1s.png
That is an awesome cake! Can you ask where she got it? BTW, what is the gold hoop (pin?) in the background?
That is the base of a hanging lantern. It's just pretty lighting.
We got the dragon cake(and the main wedding cake) from a baker her mother knows.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#33269 Post by Warrl »

judah4 wrote:We got the dragon cake(and the main wedding cake) from a baker her mother knows.
That's a fantastic cake and your MIL knows some cool people.

It's important in a new marriage - and particularly in last-minute wedding prep - to have good relationships with the moms.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#33270 Post by Schrodinger »

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUcIk3aWtA4[/video]
Warning: Language.
What was it the spider said to the fly...