What made you smile today? Round 2!

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

Re: What made you smile today? Round 2!

#31486 Post by FrogSteaks »

TinyVoices wrote:I lost a game of chess in 4 moves.
Out of curiousity, how does one achieve that level of suckage at chess? I mean, I'm no grandmaster myself, but damn!
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#31487 Post by The Rookie »

FrogSteaks wrote:
Out of curiousity, how does one achieve that level of suckage at chess? I mean, I'm no grandmaster myself, but damn!
[video]https://youtu.be/3uDc5bfuOPI[/video]
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#31488 Post by SirJahar »

FrogSteaks wrote:
Edit: The Rookie said it better.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#31489 Post by Bellhead »

Spoiler'd to be safe.
Mark wrote:Yes: Back by popular demand, because apparently I've lost control of my life. SO HERE WE GO!
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

kevin
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#31490 Post by kevin »

So, while hanging out with my best friend, I introduced him to Fallout 4, watched him become thoroughly addicted to it, then starred in a few youtube vids he made. All in all, I had a pretty good day. Really curious to read the hate comments and flame wars that I am sure will be on his channel, cause that's just how the internet works S:P
My 2K fan fic story ---> The Adoptive Father: Chapter 11 Part 2 now up
Head over and give it a read if you would be so kind, any comment is appreciated.

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#31491 Post by nsamok6620 »

SperoWolf wrote:*Spero squeals like a weenie

ALL YOUR SOULS ARE MINE

--Reposted and old post deleted to remove [censored] edition without [censored]

nsamok6620 wrote:I had such a hard time with mine I had to get my friend with photoshop get it to the right dimensions but stay under the file size requirements. Was I just doing something wrong?
I honestly don't know what you mean by that. Are you talking in terms of image creation or getting the damned thing to look good within three different proportions whilst remaining the same image?
On my channel (which is laughably dead) I wanted to use a screenshot from Destiny I took on the Xbox 1. YouTube required it to be some weird pixel size, but when I edited dit to make it that size (which was bigger that 1920x108p iirc) it exceeded the file size limit. Maybe it was because I was trying to edit jt in paint lol. But my friend made it for my I'm photoshop. I feel it is outdated now though because I took the picture with the reef was new lol. And u haven't played Destiny in months lol. Maybe I should take a GTA picture...

OT: even though the Red Wings lost on Tuesday, I had a lot of fun on that trip with my girlfriend. And we didn't even do anything. We spent lie an hour on the Internet looking for things to do in ohio before eventually giving up and going home lol. It was just nice spending time with her.
Check out secretstageproductions.com
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
___━━____━━|:::::: ^━━━^
___━━____━━|::::::|=◕w◕=|
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

Warrl
Grand Templar

#31492 Post by Warrl »

SperoWolf wrote:Something in your settings was making the file save with an incredible amount of unnecessary image quality that was not effecting image fidelity. Essentially, Google was saying "You have to have no more than five ounces of water, inside of a jar that's no longer than three feet". While your jar matched the dimensions, you had an extra and impractical ten ounces of water inside of it. Now that's drastically oversimplifying the technicality and parts of the metaphor do not entirely correlate, but it's a fairly decent analogy.

All you'd need is to have someone with the knowledge of image files and editing software cut down the file size while keeping the quality good, which is admittedly pretty simple
I know that at one time the standard advice was to cut image resolution to 72 DPI (for your final images that will be presented online - i.e. get your images completely the way you like them, save them, THEN cut the resolution and save under another name). But that was some years ago. What's the current advice?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#31493 Post by Bellhead »

Post 2480. I should hit 2.5k pretty soon. Wonder if I should apply for a custom rank... What would it be...
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

midnightblink
Council Member

#31494 Post by midnightblink »

Just finished my first playthrough of Undertale as a true pacifist. Luckily, I was able to avoid spoilers, so I got the full experience. I can understand now why people went SOOOOOO crazy over the game, it was really good, and a breath of fresh air Although I still don't understand the sexualization of Asriel, but whatever, people have their own things

Now I'm a little conflicted, because I was planning on doing a genocide run after the true pacifist, to get the whole heartbreaking effect, but after the ending with Flowey, I don't think I have the heart to restart the game (;_;) I'll probably have to play on someone else's Steam account just so I don't have to restart mine xD
Primum Non Nocere

midnightblink
Council Member

#31495 Post by midnightblink »

SperoWolf wrote:
midnightblink wrote:I still don't understand the sexualization of Asriel, but whatever, people have their own things
This is us in twelve seconds
Haha, nothing against those people, I just never enjoyed sexualized fan art or sex fan fics in any form, unless from a medium that already sexualizes those characters
Primum Non Nocere

nsamok6620
Blacksmith

#31496 Post by nsamok6620 »

So this weekend I'll be doing something I've never done before. No not butt stuff :roll: . 2 straight days of streaming games with my friends. It is at an event through a group that helps make kids comfortable while they are in a hospital. They are trying to raise $100k. Our group started a go fund me and anything we get we will be donating to them. We had a littl over $100 last time i checked. There are some tournaments, some LAN parties, and even a computer case contest. Given some of the ones I've seen, I don't think I have a chance, but I'm going to do some touching up and enter anyways.

This isn't a plug or advertisement, since I'm sure that's against the rules, but if anyone is interested the link to our website is in my signiture, and there is information about the even and how to donate on the community news page.
Check out secretstageproductions.com
(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)
_____________╭━━━━━╮
___━━____━━|:::::: ^━━━^
___━━____━━|::::::|=◕w◕=|
━━━━━━━━ O-O----O-O

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#31497 Post by TinyVoices »

SperoWolf wrote:
nsamok6620 wrote:So this weekend I'll be doing something I've never done before. No not butt stuff :roll: . 2 straight days
Top kek
So I guess that's because that has already been done?

WMMST-
Today is the last day of class before a week off for spring break. Thank god.

But I'm sort of upset that I'm going into a 1 week break right after a [censored] fortnight. I'd rather finally have a calm week of classes, and then a week off of break. I'm white knuckled, and by the end of my break all I'll have achieved is finally unclenching my fists. S:P

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#31498 Post by SirSlaughter »

*pops in*

Hey guys. Been a little while again. I've been rather busy with junk since...well since the "incident". Still no word from the laywer all this time later and I'll probably just sue for $100,000 to get their attention or something Idunno.

But anyway, Tax season has been very good to me. I managed to sell my main rig, Adelaide, and I was actually able to do a full X99 chipset upgrade. I have the 5960X on the way and all the supporting hardware is supposed to be here today. I'm happy. Hell I finally got a new part for my car that should help its longevity because stupid oil issues with Direct injection engines and all that carbon build up blah blah blabbity blah.

I also decided since I literally just stare blankly at my computer screens most of the day now that I would just have some [censored] and giggles with youtube.

So I present to you my channel(s)!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSPKr7 ... xNwS2MuZrg (gaming)
https://www.youtube.com/user/SirSlaughter100 (car junks)

So now everybody will finally get a good look at the (not so) great SirSlaughter!
Like I said, seeing as I just stare at my screens blankly for hours on end trying to make myself useful I felt that maybe I should try this in my free time. With all the hobbies I have I suppose someone will find some useful videos on my car channel and maybe I can get a few chuckles on the gaming channel.

Time will tell I suppose. In the meantime I'm just excited and eagerly awaiting all the stuff I ordered.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#31499 Post by Hayate »

It's pizza day! And by that I mean I'm ordering pizza, which makes me smile :)
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#31500 Post by Bellhead »

SperoWolf wrote:
schradieck wrote:I HAVE MONEY!!!
http://img0.joyreactor.cc/pics/post/%D0 ... 524677.gif
This.

Also, last night while the band was practicing, I took a look outside. I had parked my truck on the grass facing the house, so other people would have more room.
So, when I looked outside, in the dark, with no lights from the house and no cars driving by, all I could see was the streetlight's reflection off sections of the weathered hood and roof. I couldn't see anything else, not the windows, not the mirrors, not the trees beyond. Even the roof lights looked like shadows.

It looked like a freakin' horror movie.
And I loved it.