What made you smile today? Round 2!

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

Re: What made you smile today? Round 2!

#29851 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

Gta 5 telling me that my system won't handle max graphic. Not a big deal, its there to make the frames playable and show what you can have turned on at the same time.
But I found a way around it and...
SCREW YOU GRAPHICAL BARRIER!

My system did handle it :kathrin:
[without major frame drops]
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#29852 Post by Bellhead »

Tesla Foxtrot wrote:Gta 5 telling me that my system won't handle max graphic. Not a big deal, its there to make the frames playable and show what you can have turned on at the same time.
But I found a way around it and...
SCREW YOU GRAPHICAL BARRIER!

My system did handle it :kathrin:
[without major frame drops]
I've had issues like that, primarily with newer OS's. With Vista, it gave me errors and shut me out. "This operating system does not support fullscreen mode", for instance. On XP, however, I get an error, and it runs anyway. Happened with Carmageddon, happened with BLOCKOUT, happened with friggin' NFS II. XP runs everything. :P

On another note, I was playing Minesweeper while listening to "It don't mean a thing (if it ain't got that swing)". My roomate walked in, saw me grooving, and just walked out. You know you're wierd when.. well.. I don't know anymore. I've passed all those points. :P For some reason, I'm ususually happy and carefree today.. Not a clue why. Maybe it's that smell lingering on my floor...?
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Gotheran
Banned
Banned

#29853 Post by Gotheran »

Fawkes wrote:Edit: Also a possible release date for Star Wars: Battlefront has been discovered/leaked.
So when are we gunna get a Lego Starwars Battlefront, and god it better not play like Lego Starwars 3

kevin
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#29854 Post by kevin »

Smiled over a couple of things today. There was a Wounded Warrior beach retreat parade nearby that I was able to go to so I could wave a flag and cheer on the passing vets. Always nice to show appreciation and gratitude to those who served. Then was able to watch Night at the Museum 3. Twas a good day indeed
My 2K fan fic story ---> The Adoptive Father: Chapter 11 Part 2 now up
Head over and give it a read if you would be so kind, any comment is appreciated.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#29855 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

So after having a borderline blizzard yesterday and after 13 years of living here, I decided that Colorado doesn't have seasons. The weather just does what it wants.

Should have realized that once it snowed in summer, and yes that actually happened.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#29856 Post by Bellhead »

DarkTheImmortal wrote:So after having a borderline blizzard yesterday and after 13 years of living here, I decided that Colorado doesn't have seasons. The weather just does what it wants.

Should have realized that once it snowed in summer, and yes that actually happened.
We once had snow in June here in New England. So yeah, I can believe it.

Also: Woke up this morning: 30 out. Ate breakfast, checked comics, checked forums, went to class. 60 out. Left class. 65 and raining. Supposed to me motorcycle weather this weekend too. Which leads to my next point...

Here at Umass Lowell, there are motorcycle designated zones for parking, which are free to use on the weekends, plus every student gets ten days of free parking before they have to buy a decal. That means I can bring my bike up here and ride it around. Happy day!
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#29857 Post by TinyVoices »

avwolf wrote:I disagree about Speaker for the Dead. Terrible, terrible. Could have been a good book, if it wasn't half-written in untranslated Portuguese. And that would be okay if it was written from the perspective of someone who didn't understand the language, but Ender does. It's just a form of jerking the reader around and it filled me with such irritation that I never bothered to read the further stories in the series. (Though I've heard they're better, just not as good as Ender's Game.) Great approach to aliens marred by a terrible approach to storytelling.
The Ender series as a whole was better than some of Card's other works. Had to force myself to read one of his lesser known books for a side reading thing in school. Book was "Enchantment" and is literally summed up as "Modern day horny Jewish young adult male finds himself in a medieval era fantasy storybook wedding with a woman from a cursed land that can only be saved by them [censored]."

I read the book about a year before reading Twokinds. I think you might now know why I longed for Tom to get away from the "crazy weird horny" theme.

Besides that, I loved the Ender series and read Speaker, Xeno, Children, Game and Ender's Shadow, in that order. Later watched the movie Ender's Game and was pleased they didn't totally [censored] it all up.

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

#29858 Post by Donnellson86 »

Got a ticket to Gallagher. Wish me luck.
Insanity is curable...but craziness is not.
Giving a shout out to all the Furcs out there.
Div. 13 Story

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#29859 Post by tony1695 »

Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

#29860 Post by Donnellson86 »

Gallagher Face! that is all.
Insanity is curable...but craziness is not.
Giving a shout out to all the Furcs out there.
Div. 13 Story

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#29861 Post by Myperson54 »

I find it fascinating how different pop music sounds now compared to pop music from the 2000s. I think we're finally far enough into the decade that I can see the progression of music as it happens. I wonder if it was like that for my parents, too.

If you look at 2005, about a third of the hits are straight-up rock, a quarter are 90s hip-hop influenced, and the rest are generic pop born from 90s pop sounds and some rock.

As you go further along, closer to 2008, songs begin to sound more rock-like with hits such as Hot and Cold appearing on charts. 2010 basically marked the end of that trend as far as I can tell; bands have become less and less influenced by rock and rock sings are played less and less on mainstream radio. Pop now is becoming increasingly a mix of hip-hop/rnb and/or house, which somehow gained more mainstream attraction than dubstep did in the long run? Dubstep itself seems to have been the catalyst there, around 2012.

Man, the [censored] that keeps me awake.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#29862 Post by Bellhead »

3:30 in the morning, not a soul in sight. City's looking like a ghost town, on a moonless summer night. Raindrops on the windshield, there's s storm moving in. I'm getting back from somewhere, I don't know if I should have been.

Paraphrased/rephrased from a country song, The Thunder Rolls. This happened to me, check the post time. This time of night, there is NOBODY around. 70 degrees out yesterday. Hit 35 on my way home. I ran sound for a band at a bar, and went to breakfast afterward with the bass player to some middle-of-nowhere diner that was PACKED at two in the morning. Wierd people. But hey, if you take the backroads from there, you can to right about 70 without getting caught. Not saying I did, but you could. There's no way I passed 60. :P

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#29863 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

I finally beat the main storyline of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind today. Now that I've beaten 3-5, need to work on 1-2. That will be a pain.

That or do the DLC missions of Morrowind.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#29864 Post by tony1695 »

Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Gotheran
Banned
Banned

#29865 Post by Gotheran »