What made you smile today? Round 2!

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Myperson54
The Imagineer

Re: What made you smile today? Round 2!

#29191 Post by Myperson54 »

Well, I was absent all of today and most of yesterday due to holiday things. I'm glad to be back home for a bit. Merry Christmas, all of you! And if you have stick up your [censored] then have a happy nondenominational culturally-appropriated yuletide.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#29192 Post by Him »

Long story short, I'm in a lot of pain from a culmination of a lot of injuries I have. Today, because of an abundance of free time I've found myself having, my hip was hurting. I found the problem just a few minutes ago when I felt this lump on my back --just above my hip. Being the man of science I am, I pressed it to see what would happen. The thing jutting out went deeper into my back and now I feel a hell of a lot better.

I was expecting great pain, to be honest. Being wrong now and then is a good thing.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#29193 Post by Myperson54 »

I watched Guardians of the Galaxy on Christmas evening at my cousins' place, and now I'm watching it again. I'm extremely impressed with it, to the point where I'm thinking of reading the comics themselves. Rocket in particular is a work of magic; I don't think I've ever seen such a lifelike, full-CG character before, much less one covered in fur. I mean seriously, just look at his mechanical collarbones!

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#29194 Post by Him »

I absolutely adore Monty Python. Actually, I appreciate all British humor. British comedy is the best form. While normally I would try not to pick favorites, it's impossible in this case.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#29195 Post by Envy661 »

Was playing some Elite Dangerous, flying around, killing [censored] in my Viper.

Went into an Unidentified Signal Source and found an Elite status Anaconda.

Proceeded to kill it. I killed it dead.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about: A Viper is the second largest small ship in the game, and is the fastest. Now, the Eagle is more maneuverable, but the Viper has more health. The Anaconda on the other hand is a BEHEMOTH, is the most expensive and prestigious ship in the game, and is generally fitted to the brim with the best shields, armor, turret weapons, and everything else (especially if it's Elite).

To put that in perspective, the Anaconda is the largest most intimidating ship in the game, typically sold at 150 MILLION credits. The Viper is the third smallest ship in the game, and is sold at 150 THOUSAND credits.

I WRECKED THAT [censored] IN THE THIRD SMALLEST SHIP IN THE GAME.

Go me.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#29196 Post by Myperson54 »

Envy661 wrote:Was playing some Elite Dangerous, flying around, killing [censored] in my Viper.

Went into an Unidentified Signal Source and found an Elite status Anaconda.

Proceeded to kill it. I killed it dead.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about: A Viper is the second largest small ship in the game, and is the fastest. Now, the Eagle is more maneuverable, but the Viper has more health. The Anaconda on the other hand is a BEHEMOTH, is the most expensive and prestigious ship in the game, and is generally fitted to the brim with the best shields, armor, turret weapons, and everything else (especially if it's Elite).

To put that in perspective, the Anaconda is the largest most intimidating ship in the game, typically sold at 150 MILLION credits. The Viper is the third smallest ship in the game, and is sold at 150 THOUSAND credits.

I WRECKED THAT [censored] IN THE THIRD SMALLEST SHIP IN THE GAME.

Go me.
Well [censored], that right there is the kind of game I wanna play!

Today I watched the Secret Life of Walter Mitty, which is a fantastic movie.
I also am continuing my rewatch of Guardians of the Galaxy. It was also amazing.
I am playing Out There on Android, which is a great narrative exploration game in the vein of Starflight. Anyone who liked Starflight would love Out There.

Um and I can't remember what else. Today was pretty good though. Oh, and I'm almost finished the first Warriors series. After this there's what, 18 more books? 24 if you include the side-stories.

kevin
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#29197 Post by kevin »

So, I found this a few days late. My favorite bit is the choral that is sung at the end. I hope others enjoy :)
My 2K fan fic story ---> The Adoptive Father: Chapter 11 Part 2 now up
Head over and give it a read if you would be so kind, any comment is appreciated.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#29198 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

This song. Everytime I hear it in Civ V, makes me happy.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#29199 Post by Myperson54 »

Rewatched GotG with my family, since my parents had never seen it. That's 3.5 times in 5 days. I had a dream about being a Marvel space-outlaw. I am considering cosplaying as Star-Lord for Fan Expo.

Okay time to stop.

Bachaddict
Apprentice

#29200 Post by Bachaddict »

I won a GotG DVD the other week. Still haven't watched it.
|This box is too sm|

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#29201 Post by Myperson54 »

Bachaddict wrote:I won a GotG DVD the other week. Still haven't watched it.
Well I just searched for half an hour to find an appropriate reactiongif fron the movie, but nobody has made one of the scene I want. Oh well.
Seriously though, watch it. I havent enjoyed a movie this much since probably the Princess Bride, and that's my favourite comedy of all time.

Tetrahedron
Merchant

#29202 Post by Tetrahedron »

Schrodinger wrote:
Tetrahedron wrote:Well, there is the new design of the TK webpage with Keith and Natani on the left side. Under the picture was an ad for electric shavers. So Keith and Natani are looking down saying: "Hey..." and "What the..."

(Oh, and I don't understand what this picture should say...)
Screeencap it and share it with the world!
Not the same ad, but even better:
(I had to blur a lot of the ad, because i did not want to violate any forum rules. Advertising and so on... But I wrote it in my own words.)

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#29203 Post by Myperson54 »

Fawkes wrote:
Myperson54 wrote:
Bachaddict wrote:I won a GotG DVD the other week. Still haven't watched it.
Well I just searched for half an hour to find an appropriate reactiongif fron the movie, but nobody has made one of the scene I want. Oh well.
Seriously though, watch it. I havent enjoyed a movie this much since probably the Princess Bride, and that's my favourite comedy of all time.
What scene are you looking for?
The one shot of Rocket in the Kyln where he goes, "WHAT!?" in reaction to the Orb's selling price. It's something like half a second long, but it's such a good gif to represent surprise.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#29204 Post by Him »

I just finished reading Ranma 1/2. Really, I should have done this years ago. Sadly, I used to be insistent on reading manga only when I could hold it in my hands. Ranma 1/2 also isn't sold anywhere locally, so I could not easily finish it in person. I only realized I hadn't finished it two days ago. The only reason I remembered that was actually Natani. I was wondering why I like him so much, so I tried thinking back into my past for a reason why I might like him. One thought lead to another, and I realized it was Ranma 1/2 that got me interested and is something... similar...ish. (It's not Furry --well, some people turn into animals... and at one point there is a cat girl... still not Furry. Ranma is filled with nudity, breasts only, but still.) That is also where I got my love of romance from, as horrible as that sounds. :P (If you read the manga you'd understand why that's such a bad thing.)

Man, I got to recover from that ending though... My feelings can only handle so much.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#29205 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

In Civilization V, I blew up Persian knights with tanks and bombers. It was beautiful.