What made you smile today? Round 2!

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: What made you smile today? Round 2!

#29131 Post by Bellhead »

Because how can this not make somebody smile? Much fun, great song. I hardly ever listen to that genre, but here it works.
I'm just gonna record this song while nobody is looking...
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#29132 Post by TinyVoices »

Bellhead wrote:Because how can this not make somebody smile? Much fun, great song. I hardly ever listen to that genre, but here it works.
Meh, just 'suits are not something I am thankful for. I feel 'suiters give us a bad image.

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#29133 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

Bellhead wrote:Because how can this not make somebody smile? Much fun, great song. I hardly ever listen to that genre, but here it works.
Well, I see why Hunty want to go there. Its cool but strange at the same time.
I would recomend he go there after done school, both to gain age and... hell, am not a teacher, am just a year older than him.
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

kevin
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#29134 Post by kevin »

I finally got around to watching How to Train Your Dragon 2, while enjoying a good home made (by me) meal. Twas a good evening indeed. Movie is a quite good sequel with emotional bits I didn't see coming. All that with some BBQ pork chops, sides, and sweetened corn bread :D~
My 2K fan fic story ---> The Adoptive Father: Chapter 11 Part 2 now up
Head over and give it a read if you would be so kind, any comment is appreciated.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#29135 Post by Bellhead »

My first thought when I heard about my uncle's usual workday.

He works third shift, so he's always tired during work as a mechanic on the Postal Service's uber sorter machine, which rarely breaks.

His boss said to him and his coworkers something to the effect of "If you're at your desk, I know everything is working. If you're gone, I get worried that it's not. I'd much rather you sleep at your desk than sleep somewhere else." So he spends as much time as he can sleeping in his desk chair, getting paid. When the time comes, all he usually has to do is reboot a computer. I want this job. I want it badly. Hell, he even brought an RC helicopter in. And used it. And nobody cared.

Knowing there are jobs like this is what made me smile. That, and the lolcat.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Divenity
Council Member

#29136 Post by Divenity »

Bellhead wrote:My first thought when I heard about my uncle's usual workday.

He works third shift, so he's always tired during work as a mechanic on the Postal Service's uber sorter machine, which rarely breaks.

His boss said to him and his coworkers something to the effect of "If you're at your desk, I know everything is working. If you're gone, I get worried that it's not. I'd much rather you sleep at your desk than sleep somewhere else." So he spends as much time as he can sleeping in his desk chair, getting paid. When the time comes, all he usually has to do is reboot a computer. I want this job. I want it badly. Hell, he even brought an RC helicopter in. And used it. And nobody cared.

Knowing there are jobs like this is what made me smile. That, and the lolcat.

I also want this job, where do I send my resume? lol.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#29137 Post by Bellhead »

Divenity wrote:
Bellhead wrote:snip
I also want this job, where do I send my resume? lol.
United States Postal Service. That's all I know. I'll be heading to college in the spring, much farther from any of these machines, so even if I DO work nights, I doubt I could do it. Sadface.

Winter-huntsman
Templar

#29138 Post by Winter-huntsman »

Winter break starts for me today, and I get to go to a boyscout camp in night to play video games all night and also have a nerf war in the basement. All the other scouts are going down.
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine"-Ludwig van Beethoven

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#29139 Post by SirSlaughter »

Employee appreciation at gamestop started this week...I can get anything I want (Minus new consoles/systems and money cards) at 25% off.
Instead I get a flu. I'm not mad about the flu really. I knew it was coming, I juts didn't know when. But the flu means I get to finally sit down and play videogames all day. I haven't done that truly in at least a year.

Gaming marathon!!!!!!!

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#29140 Post by anonfox123 »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/1 ... 42184.html
Not a bad article!

EDIT: also realized that I actually finished the whole of "The Culture Explores Warhammer 40k", all 138 chapters posted here: http://archiveofourown.org/works/649448/navigate
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

Winter-huntsman
Templar

#29141 Post by Winter-huntsman »

anonfox123 wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/1 ... 42184.html
Not a bad article!

EDIT: also realized that I actually finished the whole of "The Culture Explores Warhammer 40k", all 138 chapters posted here: http://archiveofourown.org/works/649448/navigate
This was actually a very good article. It was nicely done.
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine"-Ludwig van Beethoven

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#29142 Post by DariusL »

Semester is done! :grin:

Winter-huntsman
Templar

#29143 Post by Winter-huntsman »

School is over I'm on winter break now for a full 2 weeks of nothing but relaxingand studying for finals

Jay-Say
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#29144 Post by Jay-Say »

Just got my final grades in, passing with a 3.12 G.P.A. After my last two semesters of college this is a huge improvement. I think that I've finally found something that I both enjoy and can be successful in.

minime
Templar GrandMaster

#29145 Post by minime »

I finished college today, had a great 12 hour sleep last night and had 4 cheese burgers for lunch without putting on a single pound. :flora:

It's been a very good day for me. :flora: