The Cars you own. Post pics if you have them.

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

avengedplatypus
The Local Platypus

The Cars you own. Post pics if you have them.

#1 Post by avengedplatypus »

I looked through about 5 pages of threads and couldnt find anything about cars.
So I started a discussion thread about the cars you own, cars you like, cars you have once owned.
Wrecks, colors, engines, fancy schamncy aftermarket parts. WHATEVER! as long as you stay on topic and you're discussing cars.

I myself currently drive a 1986 chevy blazer. its red and it sucks.
There are to many things bad about it to list. BUT I may be getting rid of it and buying a 1992 mercury grand marquis LS. its $1250.00 and the guy who owned it put a bunch of new parts in it. were (as in me and my dad) are going to look at it some more today.
I used to own a 1992 saturn... the engine spontaneously combusted.

Devsman
New Citizen

Re: The Cars you own. Post pics if you have them.

#2 Post by Devsman »

Oh! Oh! I've got a GREAT car story!

The car I learned to drive in is the car my dad bought for my brother. Bro's a big car fanatic, so he did some weird stuff to the muffler that made it really loud.

Bor likes to buy old cars (usually from the '80s), fix them up, drive them for a while and sell them, so needless to say, it wasn't long before he bought his own and gave the car to my sister for when she learned to drive (I'm the youngest). It was a '95 Chevy Barretta. Bright Red. Well, my sister drove it into a rocky ditch (she says the road gave way beneath her, which is possible, seeing as there was pretty much a complete drop-off at the edge of the road), tearing the right side of the car up completely from the front of the car to where the trunk begins. It was still driveable, dispite looking like aluminum foil on the right side, and the gas cap/tank wasn't bothered. So she continued to drive it. Then once, in a parking lot, somebody pulled into her from the left, leaving a huge dent there on the left side, right where the back seat is. My dad actually tried to fix it by putting some wierd fiberglass stuff on it to fill in the dent, and he was going to paint over it so it looked good as new, but he never did finish the project, so it ended up looking like a huge dent with some weird mold fungus of some kind growing in it. The process involved taking out the panels on the sides of the interior of the car in the back seat, and there were little screw holes where you could see straight through the side of the car. That was just what my sister did to it.

Then MY sixteenth birthday rolls around, and since my sister had gotten a car for a graduation present, guess what I get? The old beaten up Barretta! That loud, half-interiored, doubly totalled, weird fiberglassed sportscar. I actually wrecked it three times. One was thanks to a crazy lady that was tailgating. She was so close behind the guy in front of her that I didn't see her and pulled right out into the side of her car. The bumper never looked quite right again, and there were these big cracks next to the headlights. Speaking of the headlights, Chevrolets tend to have the left driving light dim after a while. This happened to the Barretta, and also the left front turn went out at some point. We eventually got it replaced, but I actually had to sit there and turn the blinker on and off to make it blink for like a month.

Anyway, my second wreck is the most hilarious one. I was driving on a busy highway, and there's this traffic light, so of course I have to stop. Now, this is the kind of highway that's more of a parking lot at times, even when there are no wrecks or anything. Unfortunately, this was not one of those times. That meant that traffic was flowing, but very very heavy, and everyone is mad at the boso trying to merge into them and whatnot. So I come up to this traffic light, and come to a complete stop. I'm probably about twenty cars away from the light. At just that moment, my car turns itself off. I panicked. I looked to the left: one lane of traffic. I looked to the right: two lanes of traffic. There was a car directly in front of me, and a car directly behind me. OH MAN did I panic. I knew I had to get my car out of the highway, and so I decided to put it in neutral, get out and push it to the side. I was panicing way too much to notice that I was facing uphill... The car rolled back into the car behind me, almost crushing me between the two. Dent on the rear bumper. Well, we didn't really look at the Barretta to see what was wrong with it (though I really don't have the slightest idea why not), but after a few minutes it cranked up just fine and drove off.

It wasn't until a few months later that I found out the alternater was bad. I was driving to school, and I was almost there. Now this school had a parking lot entrance that was very steep. The perfect place for your car to turn off again. I was about halfway up the slope when it happened, and I started rolling backwards into the busy street behind me. This was bad. I pushed the brake; nothing happened. I managed to save myself by throwing the car into park, leading to a very jerky, but immediate, stop. I got out and looked. The bumper of my car was about half an inch from the street. I waited for traffic to ease up momentarily, then I put it into neutral and rolled backward into the street and onto the shoulder. I called my dad to tell him what happened and went to class. It got fixed.

Then my final wreck. Somebody backed into me in a parking lot. No damage. I know, it's anticlimatic.

That car is sitting in a junkyard somewhere now. Haha we sold it to this one dude, and it broke down for good after like a week.
SHAZAM! *gets struck by lightning*

enzia35
Master

#3 Post by enzia35 »

Bought this few days after my 20th birthday.
2001 V6 Camaro.

I have headers and a new catback on the way. It's going to be badass.

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#4 Post by FastChapter »

I... don't know what headers or catbacks are...

House
Citizen

#5 Post by House »

enzia35 wrote:Bought this few days after my 20th birthday.
2001 V6 Camaro.

V6? I'm sorry to hear that. Is it manual?
Yeah, I kinda died for a couple months, sorry!

GodsNightmare21
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by GodsNightmare21 »

You'r not alone Fast...

on another note, if I had a car it would look like this:

On another more serious note, If I could drive, I'd probably drive this:
Ye, as I walk through the shadow of the Vally of Death...

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#7 Post by FastChapter »

I'm not too much of a car snob, I just drive a 1997 Plymouth Breeze. The hubcaps are made of plastic and have scratches all over, the paint is bubbling on the front and there's rust along the rocker panels this spring. It gets me from point A to point B, but I figure it'll be buried fairly shortly after I post photos tomorrow, :P

I couldn't afford a fancy car if I wanted one, anyway. Oh well, I'll survive.

Chaosye
Grand Templar

#8 Post by Chaosye »

Black Z
Traveler

#9 Post by Black Z »

Don't even start into the cars thing. I own a couple, and I drive one. Nuff Said. If you want to know, just ask.
Formerly 'ColoradoLSX'

Saki
Council Member

#10 Post by Saki »

Image I dont have a pic of my car right now but this is what I drive, I call her Rozalin or Rozie
when in doubt use a crowbar

GodsNightmare21
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by GodsNightmare21 »

I'm sorry to hear you drive a mini-van. But hey, I bet it's better than nothing.
Ye, as I walk through the shadow of the Vally of Death...

Saki
Council Member

#12 Post by Saki »

actually its wonderful, good gasmilage, pretty fast, good suspension, I can take my hands off the wheel and it will keep going straight, I can carry lots of people or boxes in the back, the back seats fold down so I can sleep in it, no one is going to steal her, she makes a great convention vehicle I can carry 8 probally even more people in her. n.n even though it would be nice to have a fancy car Im really happy with rozaline she's my baby-hugs van-
when in doubt use a crowbar

The Luigiian
Banned
Banned

#13 Post by The Luigiian »

My car is an unmodded red 1999 Mercury Mystique LS sedan, 2.5 V6, automatic. It's got one wolf licence plate in the front. I'll post pictures when I get the chance.

Blue62
Master

#14 Post by Blue62 »

Been driving Mom's Toyota Echo sedan for a while dinking around getting my G2 license so I can drive on my own...if I could afford it, I'd be driving a muscle car. mid 80's Dodge Charger or a Mustang

And if I was really made of money. '69 Corvette Stingray in a medium blue :mrgreen: (or a DeLorean for sheer awsomeness :oops: )
No warrior should allow his weapons to rust.
Let me cure your infection, it pains me to share it.

If you can't run, you crawl. If you can't do that....well you know the rest...

Ryusen
Grand Templar

#15 Post by Ryusen »

Isn't she a 'beaut?

Man can live 30 days without food, 4 days without water, and 8 minutes without air. But man cannot live a single second without hope.