What made you smile today? Round 2!

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

Re: What made you smile today? Round 2!

#33661 Post by Foxx Trotter »

An annual trip to the Great New York State Fair in Syracuse is always fun. I'm originally from New York State and still have some family and relatives residing there. It's nice to meet them for a bit during Labor Day weekend. :)

Of course, this stuff is good as well. :mrgreen:
Spoiler!
Videre videnda.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#33662 Post by Dadrobit »

So I finally caught this guy at a light today! :mrgrin:

I see them around town every now and again but can never get a picture in time, (Until today!). They also have a Jurassic Park Jeep, but it has yet still evaded my camera... One day I'll get it at the light as well!

Anyways, it's just always fun to just see this guy out and about like it's nothin'. I watched that movie to death as a kid and it was a childhood dream of mine to own one of the tour vehicles. This does well enough for now. :mrgrin:

Edit: IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!!!

First day since spring that didn't have a high over 100 degrees! It's finally getting cold again! :mrgrin:

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#33663 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Dadrobit wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:37 am IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!!!

First day since spring that didn't have a high over 100 degrees! It's finally getting cold again! :mrgrin:
Could you perhaps send a few degrees my way? its getting cold
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#33664 Post by Him »

Dadrobit wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:10 am So I finally caught this guy at a light today! :mrgrin:
That's great. I'll take a picture of our local Jurassic Park vehicle next chance I get.

NuclearBird
Master

#33665 Post by NuclearBird »

I just bought some cereal. It's good cereal.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#33666 Post by Dadrobit »

My brother just finished his deployment in Hawaii and is going to chill at home for the next month or so before heading up to his new station in Washington state.

His kids, my niece and nephews, man, they're so grown up, it's scary. One is 13 now, and the last I saw him he was all about watching Thomas the Tank Engine Sing-Along...

Yikes.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#33667 Post by tony1695 »

Sweet merciful [censored], Prequel updated.
And it's an interactive thingy too!
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#33668 Post by Dadrobit »

Just took my biggest loss of all time in a game I play called EVE Online. And it was all because I was being a bit of a douchebag. :mrgrin:

So there I was, flying a fancy little ship called a Proteus, shooting some dudes for an event, when this guy who has barely been playing for 2 weeks pops up and starts stealing my kills!

So in return, I stole the loot from him and blew up one of his deployed mobile tractor units, which are criminal acts in the game and allows other folks diplomatic immunity for shooting at me for 15 minutes. Not a problem though, this guy can't possibly take me on and no one else is around.

But then I got a bit greedy and forgot some of the rules of engagement.

I stole all but one of his loot containers, the last one being close to him, and too far to get to myself. So I thought, "screw it, I'll just shoot that container and blow it up for both of us!" Except here's the problem: Stealing loot is fine, but completely destroying another person's loot is punishable by immediate execution from the in game NPC police force called Concord if you're operating in "safe" space. Which we very much were.

So the moment I shot his container, I blew right the hell up in front of him. Karma got me good!

I lost a bit over %5 of my total net worth in that moment. What I took from him immediately went back into his cargo, plus he got the loot from my wreckage which was worth more than 100 times what I stole in the first place.

But hell, it was still fun! :mrgrin:

Revan
Templar GrandMaster

#33669 Post by Revan »

What made me happy today?

Coming back to this Forum after 7 years of being away and boy does it feel good to be back :mrgreen:

NuclearBird
Master

#33670 Post by NuclearBird »

I just made the perfect cup of coffee. Now I won't need to sleep until Friday.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Jonesy
Templar Master

#33671 Post by Jonesy »

Went and saw Blade Runner 2049 today. The original is easily my favourite film of all time, though I wasn't expecting much out of its sequel. But good God, it holds up incredibly well in comparison. The storytelling is fantastic, the performances great and the all-important mood completely appropriate. It did feel a bit ponderous at times, and some ideas didn't seem as fleshed out as they could have been, but I'd still consider the film to be very close to even with the original in terms of quality.

And I hear the director's going to be involved in a Dune project too, which is another work I've got a soft spot for. Really excited to see how that goes. The spice must flow!

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#33672 Post by SirJahar »

Get to drive the car today.

Gods that sounds horrible when I say it.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#33673 Post by SirSlaughter »

*poof*

Hello ladies and gentlemen. You probably wonder where I've been.

I graduated today! I'm not free of this place yet. I have a few more days out here at basic training but I'm almost free and will have tch again soon.

I can't access my accounts for my messaging apps and such so this is the only communication I have to you all right now through a phone.

But I figured I would say Hi and I'll be seeing you gentlemen soon again!

I hope you've all been good.

Aim high....Fly, Fight, Win!

:potatoes:

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#33674 Post by Him »

Dadrobit wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:10 amI see them around town every now and again but can never get a picture in time, (Until today!). They also have a Jurassic Park Jeep, but it has yet still evaded my camera... One day I'll get it at the light as well!
Image Here's my local Jurassic Park jeep, probably not the same one. It's always nice to see though. And yes, I am a terrible photographer.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#33675 Post by Dadrobit »

Him wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:00 am
Dadrobit wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:10 amI see them around town every now and again but can never get a picture in time, (Until today!). They also have a Jurassic Park Jeep, but it has yet still evaded my camera... One day I'll get it at the light as well!
Image Here's my local Jurassic Park jeep, probably not the same one. It's always nice to see though. And yes, I am a terrible photographer.
Ha! Yes, that's the style that I see around every once in a blue moon. :mrgrin: