Rant/Vent/sad thread

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

SirJahar
Grand Templar

Re: Rant/Vent/sad thread

#21706 Post by SirJahar »

That [censored] who sired me tried to contact me today.
After he told me:
SirJahar's bio-father wrote:It will be a cold day in hell before I speak to you again.
Today he sent:
SirJahar's bio-father wrote:If you have the balls calll me and let us get together and have this out. You can tell me what you really think and I will listen. Then I can do the same. This is how MEN settle things. Women and wimps hide and refuse discourse. Are you man enough to face me?
[censored]. That. No, I will not dignify his self-righteous [censored] with a response.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#21707 Post by Him »

TorqueEffect wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:56 amI am trying to look on the positive side, as at least these mask and gods haven't been mentioned in the comic in over 10 years, so I can only hope this is a way Tom is writing them out of the story.
Hate to break it to you, but it's more that Tom has developed better story telling skills. He knows it's bad form to include such a powerful antagonist always. The Masks are more than likely still in this story.

TorqueEffect
Apprentice

#21708 Post by TorqueEffect »

Him wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:45 pm
TorqueEffect wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:56 amI am trying to look on the positive side, as at least these mask and gods haven't been mentioned in the comic in over 10 years, so I can only hope this is a way Tom is writing them out of the story.
Hate to break it to you, but it's more that Tom has developed better story telling skills. He knows it's bad form to include such a powerful antagonist always. The Masks are more than likely still in this story.
Yeah, i've gotten over it. lol

I am sure now Tom has a plan to where this doesn't end up like the ending of Mass Effect 3. lol

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#21709 Post by Dadrobit »

SadRobit is thirsty.

Having an endoscopy in a few hours, but it's uncomfortably hot and I can't drink anything until I wake up from the procedure...

amenon
Grand Templar

#21710 Post by amenon »

Dadrobit wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:03 pm SadRobit is thirsty.

Having an endoscopy in a few hours, but it's uncomfortably hot and I can't drink anything until I wake up from the procedure...
Okay, how worried should I be?
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#21711 Post by Dadrobit »

The endoscopy itself went well enough, but I guess I had a less than stellar response to the anesthesia. I was asleep quick enough, and the procedure took all of four minutes, but afterwards, I guess I forgot how to wake up. They gave my IV some wake up elixer that did the trick, but because I didn't come out of it naturally, they're holding me for a few hours to monitor me and make sure everything is ok.

On the endoscopy end of things, it looks like I have a minor hiatal hernia and a lot of inflammation in my stomach. They took a couple biopsies to make sure nothing too nefarious is going on on the cellular level.

amenon
Grand Templar

#21712 Post by amenon »

Very well. I shall be mildly worried. And I'll try to remember not to drug you.

On the self-RVS front, I've been running a pretty heavy sleep deficit all week. It's not entirely for bad reasons, but... it's a thing, and I kinda really need to find a good, full night soon.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#21713 Post by TinyVoices »

It's kinda odd to think Chester from Linkin Park is dead. I dunno. It's probably the first time a band I listen to that consisted of fairly young dudes, had a member that died.

Hadn't checked LP in a while to see if anything new was coming out. Was surprised by the album One More Light having been released a few months ago. Jesus it was such a warning sign of Chester's mental state.

Found this fan made music video for the song One More Light. It hurts.

TorqueEffect
Apprentice

#21714 Post by TorqueEffect »

Not that I ever listened to them beyond a few of their hits, but Nirvanna with Kurt Cobain being only 27 when he killed himself with a shotgun. Granted that happened way back before I even listened to them at all, because I was only 3 at the time. lol

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#21715 Post by SirSlaughter »

I was supposed to be on a 2 week vacation. But I think I've only had 2 days where I've been able to be left alone completely and enjoy it. Every other day involves me basically working because my parents just had to choose now as the time to move house.

Now my computer is in a house that is 90F inside and the other house that they moved into is too small to move my setup and even if I could manage to get it in there, the internet is not even networked right so I would basically be without anything.

First world problems by all means and I am a whiny baby right now hands down. I %100 admit this, but every time I sit down and try to enjoy my day or stream, it's almost instantly met with complaining that I'm not helping or something that basically has me unable to play any games or enjoy the last vacation I'm going to have for a very....VERY long time.
I just wanted to legit enjoy my vacation before going back to that hell I call work then shipping out to Texas for basic training. Is that too much to ask?

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#21716 Post by Dadrobit »

Currently trying to help fix my parents 5.1 system. Initially I realized that the subwoofer just plain wasn't connected and needed a jack attached to get to the receiver. But then also they did something [censored] with the wiring in the attic when it was initially set up so that the wires connected to the subwoofer and the right surround are mixed and matched. So the subwoofer isn't getting the proper power to drive the sound anyway.

It's 111° right now. I am not climbing into the attic to dick around with some wires....

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#21717 Post by Sage Asuka »

I...guess I'm no longer employed. They had me help out with a 500+ kid event then apparently kicked me from all their things during and when I went back told me I was being laid off effective immediately. Only answer they would give was that I wasn't a good fit for the team. I know it's a retail job but I've been with them 6 months and I thought things were going okay.

So now my parents won't let me be alone longer than 5 minutes and keep demanding I apply for every job they find. Keep in mind I was fired today and my parents started harassing me literally 20 minutes after it happened.

I'm not sure what to do since I have bills to pay and am sick with a cold on top of it. This was my first job and I've never been fired before.
Image Image Image Image

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#21718 Post by tony1695 »

Sage Asuka wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:26 am I...guess I'm no longer employed. They had me help out with a 500+ kid event then apparently kicked me from all their things during and when I went back told me I was being laid off effective immediately. Only answer they would give was that I wasn't a good fit for the team. I know it's a retail job but I've been with them 6 months and I thought things were going okay.

So now my parents won't let me be alone longer than 5 minutes and keep demanding I apply for every job they find. Keep in mind I was fired today and my parents started harassing me literally 20 minutes after it happened.

I'm not sure what to do since I have bills to pay and am sick with a cold on top of it. This was my first job and I've never been fired before.
Sounds like unfair dismissal to me.
Call Head Office, or someone else up the chain. Ask them for answers. Could be the guy who fired you did it for petty reasons. Or downright illegal ones.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#21719 Post by Dadrobit »

tony1695 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:40 am
Sage Asuka wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:26 am I...guess I'm no longer employed. They had me help out with a 500+ kid event then apparently kicked me from all their things during and when I went back told me I was being laid off effective immediately. Only answer they would give was that I wasn't a good fit for the team. I know it's a retail job but I've been with them 6 months and I thought things were going okay.

Sounds like unfair dismissal to me.
Call Head Office, or someone else up the chain. Ask them for answers. Could be the guy who fired you did it for petty reasons. Or downright illegal ones.
Sorry, but I'd say not worth it.

Best case? You make a teensy little bit of money off it after legal fees. But if you think you're gonna make a ton off of a victory and court ordered compensation from a short stint at a retail job, you're gonna have a bad time.

To say nothing of the fact that win or lose, any future potential employer contacting their management is most definitely going to be informed of your attempted suit against them. That's gonna look a helluva lot worse than getting fired from a 6 month stay.

My advice is to use associates that you befriended at your previous job that you can rely on for a favorable performance reviews as your contacts for applications in the future and just move on. Hell, I got fired after two years of retail because of theft** and found my next job in security. Nose to the grindstone, give a firm handshake, never stop smiling, and someone somewhere will eventually hire you.

** I got permission from my immediate supervisor to drink 5 Hour Energies from my till stall when I needed a boost and pay for them on my break. The store director caught me and doing it after a few months of it and fired me on the spot for "theft". It was [censored], but I wasn't alone. I came back two weeks later for my final paycheck and half the store had been fired or transferred for [censored] reasons. Screw 'em, security payed twice as good anyways! :mrgrin:

Warrl
Grand Templar

#21720 Post by Warrl »

** I got permission from my immediate supervisor to drink 5 Hour Energies from my till stall when I needed a boost and pay for them on my break. The store director caught me and doing it after a few months of it and fired me on the spot for "theft". It was [censored], but I wasn't alone. I came back two weeks later for my final paycheck and half the store had been fired or transferred for [censored] reasons. Screw 'em, security payed twice as good anyways!
I think you'll get a kick out of this story.

My son-in-law was working night shift at a store of a national chain of copy centers. He was alone in the store. Some guy he didn't recognize came in and spent some time trying to persuade him to help alter the amount of a check. Promised to split the proceeds with him. Eventually the guy gave up and left... and my son-in-law called the cops. This being in a rather peaceful suburb, and long after the bars closed, the local cops were bored. He gave them the security tape as evidence.

The next day he learned that the company's regional head of loss prevention had been arrested and was being held pending federal investigation for alleged bank fraud, for attempting to have a check altered and possibly also for creating a fake check. Guess where this attempt had taken place.