Payment Options

If you want to influence the new book, make your suggestions here.

Moderator: Moderators

Reichu
Citizen

Payment Options

#1 Post by Reichu »

One of my Japanese friends really wants this book and it is not possible for him to create a PayPal account due to the way bank accounts work there. I offered to buy the book for him but it appears that American credit cards aren't accepted at checkout either. Does anyone know if there is another payment option available to American or foreign buyers besides PayPal? :(

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Payment Options

#2 Post by Fireball0236 »

Can you not use your American credit card to put cash on your own Paypal account and pay that way? I don't believe there is any other way to order...

Reichu
Citizen

#3 Post by Reichu »

PayPal does not accept/work on credit. They operate entirely on a cash basis.

They will only use a credit card as a secondary funding source... after charging/overdrafting your checking account. :(

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by Fireball0236 »

I know you're able to put money on your Paypal account through Wire transfer (via the bank thus). Maybe that is an option?

Reichu
Citizen

#5 Post by Reichu »

That's probably what I will end up doing. =( I was just hoping there was a more convenient option (like credit card checkout). Doh...

Zin
Traveler

#6 Post by Zin »

what if my computer doesn't allow Paypal to operate on it? is there any other way I can possibly order?

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#7 Post by avwolf »

Paypal was required to do the preorders (since those were directly through to Tom). Since the books are now handled by IndyPlanet, I'm not sure what payment options they accept. I'd guess that they'll take any regular credit cards though. I haven't bought anything from them specifically, but most print-on-demand services do.

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#8 Post by FastChapter »

Zin wrote:what if my computer doesn't allow Paypal to operate on it? is there any other way I can possibly order?
PayPal isn't something you download, it's a web service you sign up for. But I would recommend just using an online check to pay, if you can. PayPal nickels and dimes you for using their services.

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#9 Post by avwolf »

FastChapter wrote:
Zin wrote:what if my computer doesn't allow Paypal to operate on it? is there any other way I can possibly order?
PayPal isn't something you download, it's a web service you sign up for. But I would recommend just using an online check to pay, if you can. PayPal nickels and dimes you for using their services.
As far as I'm aware, PayPal only charges a fee to the person selling the good or service (i.e. receiving the money), not to the person who sends the money. Yes, this results in a number of individuals preferring to work outside of PayPal, but it's not really a downside for the person who's sending the money. ;)

verlineUi.net

#10 Post by verlineUi.net »

yeah sometimes the use of paypal is not really convenient for everybody.. :roll: :roll: