Book One topic "Don't read if you don't have the book yet"

If you want to influence the new book, make your suggestions here.

Moderator: Moderators

Catherine_Puce
Apprentice

Book One topic "Don't read if you don't have the book yet"

#1 Post by Catherine_Puce »

I got the book today and noticed something. Nobody made a topic about the five pages added in the book or about the changes in the comic. Tom cuts the dream sequence of Keith. It's sad but some sacrifices must be made, maybe he thinks that he has a better place for it later or he simply decided to remove it of the story.

For the five page prologue, I find really interesting the fact that he cover his chest by instinct when he detects Flora. It's nice to see that Keith can give good advices and reassuring sentences even if he don't like Flora and Euchre presence. I can already predict a little change in the pages of the next book. I must admit that this doesn't give him a lot of luck. Flora is a thief and a trickster. Don't change Flora, Keith is fun to watch when naked.

Il lui arrive toujours plein de mésaventures.

S.P.P.

Painseeker
Citizen

Re: Book One topic "Don't read if you don't have the book yet"

#2 Post by Painseeker »

Yeah the book was great XD
I loved the added ending, it was a perfect way to finish off a book

C_Death
Master

#3 Post by C_Death »

Catherine_Puce wrote:Tom cuts the dream sequence of Keith. It's sad but some sacrifices must be made, maybe he thinks that he has a better place for it later or he simply decided to remove it of the story.
You can't know that for sure, this is only book 1. What if he moved it to later in the story? It would then show up in a later book.
TwoKinds Wallpapers - http://c-death.deviantart.com/

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by Fireball0236 »

As C_Death says, it may have been moved to later in the book/story. Though, as stated in the Corrections topic of mine, a few parts have been cut out.

The bath scene was funny, but I thought Tom would add bonus material like incentive style, rather than actual extra story pages.

Flora, a thief and a trickster, I must have forgotten or been missing something important then? Even if I think about the whole story,and not where the book ends... But that and Keiths change seems more for the Comic Discussion board, than for the book?

Catherine_Puce
Apprentice

#5 Post by Catherine_Puce »

Fireball0236 wrote:The bath scene was funny, but I thought Tom would add bonus material like incentive style, rather than actual extra story pages.

Flora, a thief and a trickster, I must have forgotten or been missing something important then? Even if I think about the whole story,and not where the book ends... But that and Keiths change seems more for the Comic Discussion board, than for the book?
Personnatly, I preper the prologue as material bonus. This allow to give a little deepening of the character's relations. Tom didn't expect to keep Keith for more that fulfill his purpose in the story. He gains importance with time, this bonus comics are a great moment to flesh out his earliest moments.

For the thief and trickster Flora, maybe I make a mistake while translating my thoughts. She stole Keith clothe as a punisment. She grabs Trace love from her ex-wife and Maren, twice if you count the time she kidnaps him when he is about to get some quality time. She steal Trace's pants and a kiss from him as soon she got a good chance. Taking stuffs that aren't her seem like a second nature. And For the trickster thing I admit that there are fewer example but I'm sure that the joke about flesh eater tiger count. She also tends to manipulate Trace at every occasion she has by making sad face then forcing him to take her side or get forgiven without problem.

Elle est habile pour avoir tout ce qu'elle veut de Trace.

S.P.P.

Cellidor

#6 Post by Cellidor »

Speaking of page cuts, I noticed that this page http://twokindscomic.com/?p=25
wasn't in the book.
I assume this was because it didn't take up a whole page of space? :grin:
Don't let your eyes blind you to what your heart wants you to see.

ConkerBirdy
Templar GrandMaster
Location: On top of a jelly cloud away from the evil monkey zombie ninjas who wield flaming fire swords.

#7 Post by ConkerBirdy »

Ending was unexpected XD bloody funny, love Keith's face on 2nd last panel XD reminded me i think of Hank off King of the Hill. :P

Read it all within a few hrs, took breaks here and there. The long wait was totally worth it! :D

ConkerBirdy
Templar GrandMaster
Location: On top of a jelly cloud away from the evil monkey zombie ninjas who wield flaming fire swords.

#8 Post by ConkerBirdy »

Cellidor wrote:Speaking of page cuts, I noticed that this page http://twokindscomic.com/?p=25
wasn't in the book.
I assume this was because it didn't take up a whole page of space? :grin:
im so sure that was a whole page... why the hell has it been cut in half?

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#9 Post by Fireball0236 »

No, that page has always been only a little part.

Btw, do use the edit button...

ConkerBirdy
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by ConkerBirdy »

Fireball0236 wrote:No, that page has always been only a little part.

Btw, do use the edit button...
heh, i as going to, but i didnt think it would fit suit it >_> dont ask...