Books are being Shipped

If you want to influence the new book, make your suggestions here.

Moderator: Moderators

Tom
The Artist

Books are being Shipped

#1 Post by Tom »

Ugh, this is taking a lot of time, but the books have begun to ship. The first twenty went out the door - I didn't have a lot of time to do more, because the books arrived in the afternoon. I'm getting through them, signing all of them and putting sketches in a lot of them. Also, I'm including bookmarks in some of the books as an additional bonus. If you don't get a sketch, you'll likely get a bookmark.

But it's going to take me quite a few days to send them all, so please sit tight. I'm planning on getting at least a hundred shipped each day, getting all of them shipped during this week. If you've been watching me on the webcam, you can see how time-consuming this process really is. But I hope you like the results. And I hope those of you who get the sketches enjoy them. I'm putting a lot more effort into the sketches than I imagined I would.

Thank you for bearing with me. They'll all be shipped by the end of this week. (cross fingers)

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Books are being Shipped

#2 Post by avwolf »

I'm sure that those who recieve sketches will love them, Tom, just as those who recieve bookmarks will adore those. I'll give you some serious props if you can put all these out in a week, all by yourself. I've seen how long it takes teams to pack and ship books for other webcomics. We've waited all these years for the much anticipated books. What's another few days, give or take?

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

#3 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

It did look like it was taking a while... But the sketches I saw were great. Thanks for the effort you're putting into these, Tom. I can only hope I got my order in soon enough to get a sketch of my own. ^^

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

#4 Post by Tuna »

YAAAAAY!
X3

We really appreciate all of the work you're putting into this, Tom...as mentioned before, doing it all single-handed is rare enough, but the extra work plus going out in a week is unheard of.
*Bows*
:3

*Crosses fingers*
Sketchsketchsketchsketchsketchsketch...X3

Asphyxia
Apprentice

#5 Post by Asphyxia »

oh well, i guess i can take solace in the fact it'll come before school starts. The books going to my friend's house because were intending on sharing it but i'm worried because his family has no respect for his mail, and im sure they have a pretty bad idea of what twokinds is so at least i cant be blamed if they find it :P .

Dragonis
Citizen

#6 Post by Dragonis »

Dont forget to sleep! im excited now! looking forward to getting my copy!

Richardl0380
New Citizen

#7 Post by Richardl0380 »

Awesomeness! I remember the first time you announced your books back on deviant art, how time flies :grin: . I'm glad you made it this far, though I'm still looking foreword to that one book you'd mentioned 'The art of Tom'.

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#8 Post by FastChapter »

I have a feeling that once Tom gets done with his hundreds of daily sketches, TwoKinds will slowly start to resemble stick figure art, XD

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#9 Post by Fireball0236 »

Or we'll get one last filler:
"Repetitive Strain Injury, come back in a month."

Zeuxis
New Citizen

#10 Post by Zeuxis »

FastChapter wrote:I have a feeling that once Tom gets done with his hundreds of daily sketches, TwoKinds will slowly start to resemble stick figure art, XD
Eventually we'll have 2KCD? :P

That's a lot of books to go through, but you should be proud that you've gotten something published (and so many people have purchased it!) Congrats Tom and thanks for the comic!

I got an e-mail today about the shipping - does that mean it's shipped? I can't wait to get it! :grin:

Ster Zetanee
Grand Templar

#11 Post by Ster Zetanee »

Well, since i didn't have the money at the preorder time, I plan on buying it on the 16 when i get some money.
Aero Blaze on Steam for the time being. Busy with college most the time.

[Yokel]
Grand Templar

#12 Post by [Yokel] »

Oh, you get the emails as your copies are shipped? Makes more sense now. I was half-and-half tripping because I didn't have one, and everyone else was mentioning an email.
Go vertical.

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#13 Post by avwolf »

From the way the email reads, you get the email when Tom prints off an address label. I'm not sure how that relates to when he actually takes them to the post office. He might well be doing them in a couple big bunches.

Kitten
Templar Master

#14 Post by Kitten »

There's another webcam I missed? Why wasn't I informed?

Oh and I can wait :3 I told my parents it's being sent to me as a gift, so they don't know I spent my last few dollars on it xD
Yes. That 'squee' you heard, was Kitten.
Much much love towards Tom!
I log in every day, I just kinda lurk the boards ^^;

Richardl0380
New Citizen

#15 Post by Richardl0380 »

he just said he's done sketching, only sigs now.