Preorders Have Begun!

If you want to influence the new book, make your suggestions here.

Moderator: Moderators

Sithil
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Preorders Have Begun!

#46 Post by Sithil »

Naglfar wrote:Example: GW merchandise (Warhammer)
An item can cost 275 SEK in Sweden, and 290 NOK in Norway. Despite Norway being closer to England (where they make the stuff) and the Norwegian currency being stronger than the Swedish one.
That's just because we deserve it more than you do after letting you become your own country, silly. Show some gratitude.

/stop being an [censored] to norweigans

Anyhow, preordering done and done. Looks like we're getting this some time after Christmas, but that's fine with me. It's undistputably worth it.
All my life I've seen a world that hates evil more than it loves good ~Johann von Staupitz(Luther, 2003)

nihoro

#47 Post by nihoro »

sweet deal, 2Kinds book is coming out. 2:30 am insomnia "IS" a good thing sometimes.
pre-order is in. ~ :grin: Happy dance :grin: ~ ~marks reminder on calendar~
Great work Tom. can't wait for the book.
I'm no saint... but I'm no devil either... I'm only mortal... I just do the best that I can in whatever that I do...

Furrypaws
Traveler

#48 Post by Furrypaws »

umm, what if I can not make the preorder in time? will I be able to order the book after it's release at 22th of december?
making the laws is the same as breaking them

C_Death
Master

#49 Post by C_Death »

Furrypaws wrote:umm, what if I can not make the preorder in time? will I be able to order the book after it's release at 22th of december?
I would imagine there will be a "normal" order available after the preorder, else it wouldn't be a preorder. :mrgreen:
I think Tom is trying to gauge the demand for the book so he knows approximately how many books to have printed up, as typically it is cheaper to have a large batch run at once instead of doing smaller runs multiple times.
Just normal orders won't have any of the bonus stuff the preorder does.
TwoKinds Wallpapers - http://c-death.deviantart.com/

lostsnow
Traveler

#50 Post by lostsnow »

I just pre-ordered yays!!!! 8)
Don't worry about tomorrow, just worry about today!!

Game Programmer - C++ - SDL/OpenGL/DirectX
Current Game - DeathMatch
Status - Stage 1(Design Phase)

Bluegrizzly

#51 Post by Bluegrizzly »

Just got my Pre Order In I just can't Wait!! wahoo!

Hunter

#52 Post by Hunter »

I've pre-ordered my copy. I hope it comes quickly after being released, I always love collecting the books of the webcomic authors I like to support.

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#53 Post by Fireball0236 »

I'm surprised with the number of people so far. Quite a few new accounts have popped up that have preordered :D . Tom'll be busy.

Arxos
Traveler

#54 Post by Arxos »

Furist wrote:Time to tell my parents about me being a furry... :oops: |D but man I love the comic so much.
That's why I love my parents, they don't bother asking much questions :roll: Just tell them the price and "some comic" and they're fine with it. Pre-order done!
Fireball0236 wrote:I'm surprised with the number of people so far. Quite a few new accounts have popped up that have preordered :D . Tom'll be busy.
Hmm, I already spend to much time on the World of Warcraft forums, to also run around this forum would be to much posting and to little gaming! :P

Painseeker
Citizen

#55 Post by Painseeker »

I HATE BEING POOR!!!
If I even manage to afford it in time to preorder, I'll never be in time to get the bonus sketch
Meeeeeeh >_>

ZoakoTHEgreat
Citizen

#56 Post by ZoakoTHEgreat »

My copy has now been officially ordered :grin:
I epic fail too much -_-
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste
(")_(")bunny to your signature to help him gain world domination.

Painseeker
Citizen

#57 Post by Painseeker »

W00T
I managed to find a bunch of old games that I can get money for ^_^
I'll make at least £30 from them all
Do you think 6 PS2 games, 1 Wii game, 2 PSP games, 3 DS games, 5 GBA games AND an actual GBASP will cover the costs XD
Do you think the bonus sketch can still be obtained next week?

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#58 Post by Fireball0236 »

I'm not sure Painseeker, according to the preorder page: "The first several books preordered will also include a hand-drawn sketch along with the signature on the title page.", whereas I had understood from prvious msgs on the forum, that this would be for all preordered books?

God, the person who'll have "1" written on their title page will be so proud and envied xD !

Tom
The Artist

#59 Post by Tom »

The first couple dozen books that get the sketch have already been accounted for. But to be nice, I'm also randomly putting sketches in some of the other preorder books. As much as I'd like to, I just can't do them all. So, it's still only a percentage of those that preordered who get them. But at least this way the rest of you lot who didn't get the chance to preorder right way still have a fair chance of getting one of the sketch copies.

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#60 Post by Fireball0236 »

Could you maybe share a number on how many preorders you have already gotten? I suppose it's a bit more than the number of people that have posted here?

The scetched must be a massive amount of work. May I ask, are you scetching the same image in every book, or is each one a new unique one?

The wait till Christmas will be tendious for us all xD .

*cross fingers*