Book Progress RoadMap (Updated 11/14)

If you want to influence the new book, make your suggestions here.

Moderator: Moderators

Tom
The Artist

Book Progress RoadMap (Updated 11/14)

#1 Post by Tom »

Here's something I created for myself to determine how much more I had to go before I finished the book. I decided I might as well share it with you guys also, so you can get a peak at how far I've gotten. The green checkmarks indicate completed pages. The green circles indicated almost finished pages. And the red X's indicate pages that have to be redone from scratch. The squiggly lines indicate pages that were omitted or moved.

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

Re: Book Progress RoadMap

#2 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

Didn't you mention something about doing most of the pages from scratch, or did I misread something somewhere?

Anyway, glad to see you juggling this, the comic, and whatever else is up with your life. Just don't overload yourself! :wink:

EDIT: Heh, now I can see how you planned to break up the super special, ultra long, overly sappy 50th comic. ^.^

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

#3 Post by Tuna »

The progress looks like it's moving right on!
X3

I checked on the pages that look like they've been dropped - is there going to be new art to bridge those gaps? One of them is some pretty important Euchre history...or has the story evolved to the point that it is no longer canon?
;3

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by avwolf »

Thanks for keeping us appraised, Tom. It certainly looks like you're moving quite along with these. That's quite a bit of progress.

I'm curious, since some of the comics are being moved or omitted (mostly the ones that muddled things, I see), which is going to be considered "canonical," the book or the webcomic?

Tom
The Artist

#5 Post by Tom »

avwolf wrote:I'm curious, since some of the comics are being moved or omitted (mostly the ones that muddled things, I see), which is going to be considered "canonical," the book or the webcomic?
I suppose the book and the webcomic will - in a way - simultaneously have their own slightly different version of canon, if that makes any sense at all. The book's story might detour neigh negligibly from the webcomic. It's ultimately up to the readers which one they put more stock in as being "true." If you're the kind of person who views new editions as being the most accurate, than the book will probably be viewed as the true canon. But if you're the kind of person who prefers to refer to original works, than you are free to look back at the webcomic as the ultimate word on the plot.

Sorry if that's unfairly vague. After I release my work into the wide, it's really the readers who take personal ownership in the story.

Dragonis
Citizen

#6 Post by Dragonis »

It looks as though you will be omitting the DREAM page (20031121). is that correct? if so, i would have kinda thought you might hang on to it. the others i can understand if you didnt include them.

Tom
The Artist

#7 Post by Tom »

Dragonis wrote:It looks as though you will be omitting the DREAM page (20031121). is that correct? if so, i would have kinda thought you might hang on to it. the others i can understand if you didnt include them.
No, no, the dream page is still there. That was just a duplicate. If you notice, there's another 20031121 right next to it.

I'm not going to be cutting anything major like that. In fact, I'm not cutting much at all, most of them will ultimately end up remade in some shape or form. The things I'm cutting out for the most part are fillers and such.

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#8 Post by Nuff »

Thanks for the update Tom. I'd be wondering for quite a while how you were getting on

Demus
Templar

#9 Post by Demus »

I'm a little confused. Are all the pages 1 -> (?) completely redrawn, and how far?
The shapeshifting cliché!

Ster Zetanee
Grand Templar

#10 Post by Ster Zetanee »

Thanks for the update on progress i am hoping i can preorder it
Aero Blaze on Steam for the time being. Busy with college most the time.

Aherdofgoats
Banned
Banned

#11 Post by Aherdofgoats »

That is....very exciting.

Remian
New Citizen

#12 Post by Remian »

[censored] son, you'd better get to work. Release it at the first of the month... when I have money.
"What does freedom mean if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be?"
-Disturbed's "Divide"

I'm a capitalist pig and proud of it.

CrimsonTagg

Re: Book Progress RoadMap (Updated 11/14)

#13 Post by CrimsonTagg »

oh wow! your so close to done! hurry up haha, my patience is running thin xD
If I claim to be a Wise Man, It surely means that I don't know.

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#14 Post by Fireball0236 »

Oh my, 4 pages left! (And Author notes) :O ! TwoKinds fans will get their longed for Christmas present this year :D .

Aherdofgoats
Banned
Banned

#15 Post by Aherdofgoats »

Still very exciting.