A Reasonable Price Point

If you want to influence the new book, make your suggestions here.

Moderator: Moderators

flames

#61 Post by flames »

Xelandi wrote:Would the book be available to be delivered to Britain?

If so, $25 dollars sounds reasonable. That's because over here $25 dollars is approximately £13...which isn't very much at all.

Eee....2kinds book ftw.
£13 is good, I would definately buy it.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#62 Post by Raphael »

if i can get the info on how to get it, i'll buy it without hesitation.
20 dollars sounds reasonable enough. just make sure that you only do one chapter at a time with the books, cutting it off in mid chapter unless you have to is a little idiotic (though you're probably doing this already).

again tell us how and when we can get them ok? by check, money order etc... it's getting a little irritating having to wait for each page to load while reading. also, how big are these things going to be? just so we know.

and make sure to color the pages that you left black and white if you can.

BlueFox

#63 Post by BlueFox »

Personally, i'd pay any of those prices :D , but reasonably, I think $20 is the way to go.

Xelandi
Traveler

#64 Post by Xelandi »

sure, I'll pre-order. Can't wait!

Ryokosha

#65 Post by Ryokosha »

I am very excited about this and look forward to hearing about how to get this book.
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. - Michelle Chueng

Bobbyo123

#66 Post by Bobbyo123 »

Just say when and ill pre-order

SpikeRulesHell
Templar Inner Circle

#67 Post by SpikeRulesHell »

I'd have pre-ordered months ago, before I even knew what was going to be in it. Just waitin' on the okay from you.

Only $20? That's disappointing... =^.^=

tseng61
New Citizen

#68 Post by tseng61 »

Do you really think 5 dollars less would make more people buy it?

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#69 Post by FastChapter »

tseng61 wrote:Do you really think 5 dollars less would make more people buy it?
Yep. People come to the video store I work at every week and pre-order $60 games because the deposit is only $5. I have yet to see anybody be willing to pay anything more than those five buckaroos.

I don't see why the Twokinds book should require a pre-order system, though. Not to be cynical, but there aren't hundreds of fans pounding on the door to get their hands on shipment #1. It's more like... fifty fans... maybe twenty that'll actually buy the book? The point of pre-ordering is to reserve copies for customers when the supply is expected to run out early. Don't see that happening here, no offense.

Also, necropost'd

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#70 Post by avwolf »

"Pre-order" is used in a different way here. The books will be run only as needed, and only if a certain "reserve" can be met; so when you "pre-order," you're not just ensuring that you'll get a copy -- you're making sure that it's clear that there is enough interest to actually print them. Tom has to pay up front for any books which need printed. Because he can't afford to do that on his own, your preorder is paying for your book. If he gets enough preorders that a run of books can be made, you get your book. If he doesn't get enough preorders, then you get your money back and nobody gets any books. This sort of system is very common for webcomics, which are generally more of a hobby for the artist than anything, so they can't afford to have a lot of books printed that they don't know if they'll be able to sell.

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#71 Post by FastChapter »

avwolf wrote:"Pre-order" is used in a different way here. The books will be run only as needed, and only if a certain "reserve" can be met; so when you "pre-order," you're not just ensuring that you'll get a copy -- you're making sure that it's clear that there is enough interest to actually print them. Tom has to pay up front for any books which need printed. Because he can't afford to do that on his own, your preorder is paying for your book. If he gets enough preorders that a run of books can be made, you get your book. If he doesn't get enough preorders, then you get your money back and nobody gets any books. This sort of system is very common for webcomics, which are generally more of a hobby for the artist than anything, so they can't afford to have a lot of books printed that they don't know if they'll be able to sell.
Soooo... are you paying an $X deposit by making the preorder? I wouldn't buy it anyway, but why would you pay money if you're not guaranteed the product? :P

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#72 Post by avwolf »

FastChapter wrote:
avwolf wrote:"Pre-order" is used in a different way here. The books will be run only as needed, and only if a certain "reserve" can be met; so when you "pre-order," you're not just ensuring that you'll get a copy -- you're making sure that it's clear that there is enough interest to actually print them. Tom has to pay up front for any books which need printed. Because he can't afford to do that on his own, your preorder is paying for your book. If he gets enough preorders that a run of books can be made, you get your book. If he doesn't get enough preorders, then you get your money back and nobody gets any books. This sort of system is very common for webcomics, which are generally more of a hobby for the artist than anything, so they can't afford to have a lot of books printed that they don't know if they'll be able to sell.
Soooo... are you paying an $X deposit by making the preorder? I wouldn't buy it anyway, but why would you pay money if you're not guaranteed the product? :P
No, you'd get all your money back, less only the Paypal handling fees, and the pre-order covers the whole cost, so there's really no "deposit" involved. If Tom didn't give you either the book or your money back, you could take him up on fraud charges. Assuming there's enough interest to justify printing the book, you'll get your product. And, in my opinion at least, it's worth the risk, especially with the added value that it's a so-call "sketch edition." But then again, I've been planning on ordering two, and I'm a bit of a collector. :P You're pre-paying to get a product that isn't made yet, but with a guarantee that if it's made, you'll get one.

Call it "venture capital," if you will. :)

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#73 Post by FastChapter »

Heh, venture capitalism indeed.

^^ I'll wait. I'm still waiting for the DDoS book to become available.

SpikeRulesHell
Templar Inner Circle

#74 Post by SpikeRulesHell »

Lol, at this point, I just feel like writing him a blank check, and sitting by my mailbox... 'Cause I want Flora in my bed, even if she IS just 2D...

...What?

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#75 Post by FastChapter »

Send me a blank check instead!