Color or Black&White?

If you want to influence the new book, make your suggestions here.

Moderator: Moderators

King1234567

#106 Post by King1234567 »

Black and white soinds just fine with me. It's easier for everyone.

magical-trevor

#107 Post by magical-trevor »

i wouldn't b suprised if ppl just printed out the comics and devArt and made their own book. i won't, just cos i dont want 2 waste the money on ink and paper, cos it would take ALOT of ink 4 all of twokinds, so, yeah, but, y'kno... will the book be in stores? and if so, which ones??
Everyone loves Magical Trevor cause the tricks that he does are ever so clever. Look at him now, disapearin' a cow. Where is the cow? Hidden right now.

bramwhitford

#108 Post by bramwhitford »

id love to see it in colour but maybe you could do sertain bits in colour and certain bits in black and white like the main bits in colour or is that to wierd ><

in anycase i reckon colour would go well for the fact detail is a exelent way to take in the story line better and with loads of pages with no colour you may have to constantly go back through all the pages to pick up somthing you missed

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#109 Post by Insomniac »

I'm seeing lots of votes for coulor, so I must say, do ANY of you think about the costs to Tom?! It costs money to make these books, ya'know. Bsides, most of the ppl buying it will be existing fans, and those who aren't and have ?s about it will have been introduced to it by their friends who are and know everything. Sure, I wouldn't mind paying extra for less content but in coulor, but would Tom? I think it should be in black and white.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Zeuxis
New Citizen

Color!

#110 Post by Zeuxis »

I would say color, for two reasons:

1) It looks much better. There are some scenes which would be much less meaningful without the color. It's just not the same.

2) I have the feeling that this wouldn't be the sort of book that people buy without knowing about the story. The vast majority of the buyers will be dedicated fans, which means that the vast majority won't mind paying a little more for such high quality stuff.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#111 Post by Insomniac »

True, but since the vast majority of buyers will be dedicated fans, they son't needto see it in color, because they already know the meanings of everything. I say black and white.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

moredhel

#112 Post by moredhel »

since as the comic has been done in colour, i think that colour would suit this best. and considering its to do with the racial differences, having colouring make the divisions more obvious.

Steven

#113 Post by Steven »

i think you sould do Blackandwhite but have colored intense parts and if you do color you with have to go through all of the non colored comics and color them over sortof the same with B&W but that you can do with a program and much easier so it really is your choose you are the artist so its you right to change you art if you want and only if you want

ps if you do go color you will lose some people because of the price (is olny 13 and sucks at mowing lawns) and not everyone will pay $20 for 75 pages because if you wanna read it go on the internet for free

Sage
He Who Makes Catgirls

#114 Post by Sage »

Steven wrote:i think you sould do Blackandwhite but have colored intense parts and if you do color you with have to go through all of the non colored comics and color them over sortof the same with B&W but that you can do with a program and much easier so it really is your choose you are the artist so its you right to change you art if you want and only if you want

ps if you do go color you will lose some people because of the price (is olny 13 and sucks at mowing lawns) and not everyone will pay $20 for 75 pages because if you wanna read it go on the internet for free
Depends on where he sells them. At a convention he could easily sell a bunch of them for 20 each. Thats what MacHall did with their first book. And it had maybe a little under 75 pages... Tom is popular enough so that if he makes some appearances at Cons and sets up a table- he will get people to buy stuff. And at a Con-- people go to spend money usually.

Selling them online for 20 might be a little tougher but if the quality is high-- most people would buy it for 20. It is the magic number...

lunawolf1070

#115 Post by lunawolf1070 »

i think that if u did it in black and white but some details color like some parts of the characters and some bits of the background. also it would be best if the front cover was in color cuz that would tell you straight out wat colors the people were but i dont really care if it is in color cuz a couple of extra dollars is a couple of extra dollars and besides it is twokinds, twokinds is the best it rock so yeah ever way youve bought me (but i think color would look mad. :D
JOSHUA

Munch
Citizen

#116 Post by Munch »

i don't know, i like color in books but most mangas i've read usualy have just the cover in color and the rest in black and white. but im also very used to the comic being in color, so i'm split down the middle.
We didn't change as we grew older, we merely became more ourselves.

Gryphonsflight

#117 Post by Gryphonsflight »

I think the two formats would be a good idea. I doubt the comic would look good in black and white, but with the massive price difference.... its a little more likable to get B&W, by the way... which publisher are you looking at?
Behold! Furry Warfare useing exploding hamsters!

Satoshi

#118 Post by Satoshi »

I'd probably buy the color one. :3 I do enjoy Tom's coloring works <3 And to have 2kinds in full color would be really cool.

Hell, I wouldn't even mind spending 20 or so dollars on it. :D

Jet

#119 Post by Jet »

well, i wold like it in colour because it looks good in colour and you can make some bits more define than others. What with some expressions also with some of the background.
But then again i would still get it if it was black and white. I am used to reading twokinds in colour and other manga in black and white.
Really i wouldn't mind paying $20 for it. Its Toms decision in the end.

alkina

#120 Post by alkina »

I would have to say black and white, only because that's the way you read most manga... but then again american comics like superman are all in color, right? The only problem with greyscale i think, is what does it look like? (sorry if this has been asked before, i'll go look through the rest of the topic now) ;p
Maybe it can be like those books that start in color for a couple pages and then go to b&w... just throwing things out there ^^