Color or Black&White?

If you want to influence the new book, make your suggestions here.

Moderator: Moderators

Nighthawke

#151 Post by Nighthawke »

Well, I didn't want to read through the entire 20+ pages, so forgive me if this has been said.

Why not start with a Black and White version, and offer a certificate that would permit a discount to anyone who bought a color version if it comes out in the future?

Shade
Citizen

#152 Post by Shade »

heck you should grayscale everything and get a shade for every colour. you can sell a lot more books with Ease.

Though, note that the comic has a lot of pages itself and looks better in colour. You could do the math, 153 for a 152 book? you'd have to get colour.

Ryokosha

#153 Post by Ryokosha »

I would say color because that is a lot of what brings some of the drawings alive as the story has progressed.

Originally it was in black and white that is true so those in black and white should be no trouble... but I am not sure how it would look going from color to black and white, that is often hit or miss as to how it translates back from one to the other.

It would be pricy but I for one would buy it to get the color version... no way to make two as others have suggested I take it?
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. - Michelle Chueng

Darius
Citizen

#154 Post by Darius »

Heres my take on the subject.

Release 2 versions, the beta version black and white version first for several reasons.

1. Production will be faster and will satisfy eager fans.
2. Low cost and still retains 2kinds quality

Then release the color version for the following reasons.

1. Alot of Americans don't appreciate black and white magnas and will wait for this version. Color is popular among English.
2. 2kinds fanatics like me want BOTH versions and will eagerly buy both in the name of collectibles .
3. Captures 2kinds in different appeals.
4. Gives you time to add stuff in and refine your work without rushing yourself.

I plan on buying 2 of each so I can introduce 2kinds to some of my friends and have spares in case I lose one. Hell I may even buy a 3rd set to preserve a set in mint condition.

Yes I have money falling out of my ERM!
If I am to be cast in the role of the villain, my dear, I would be a fool to give up my advantage.

Garrett
Grand Templar

#155 Post by Garrett »

but...butbutbutbutbut...it's already been estabolishedededifyied.....hasn't it? :(

Ster Zetanee
Grand Templar

#156 Post by Ster Zetanee »

Yes it has. It is in color and will cost 20 dollars.
Aero Blaze on Steam for the time being. Busy with college most the time.

teruchan

#157 Post by teruchan »

I personally never liked the notion that manga must be black and white. This became popular in Japan because so much of it is weekly, as much as 25 pages, and it is printed on cheap newspaper stock. It's disposable and not collectable.

In the U.S. color graphic novels are huge. Even though I worked for TOKYOPOP for a while (I wrote a black and white comic called World of Hartz) I was surprised when I found out how big the gap was between color and black and white comics. I thought the manga was big, but some color graphic novels are approaching the level of all text novels in sales, stature and market acceptance.

I would say definitely go color.
http://www.studioartfx.com
Now that is what I know for sure!

Twayblade
Cogito Ergo Nom

#158 Post by Twayblade »

I have to say color

there is too much color in the twokinds world to just get rid of it :?
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes"

TwoKinds Telegram

Mechsae
Citizen

#159 Post by Mechsae »

I'm for color too.

Moving to gray scale/black and white and then charging for a comic read for "free" on-line is like charging for a down grade, and, for myself, usually puts a strong mark in the "don't really want" column because something in my mind sees that version as lacking.

Honestly, if I pick up a bound version of a web-comic I'd want something nice that speaks to the collector side of me. Something that gives a push over the edge of indecision cliff and into must buy gourge. 8)
I'd rather be lucky than good

Ster Zetanee
Grand Templar

#160 Post by Ster Zetanee »

I have too say again it is in color and will cost 30 dollars like i did on the last page tom already said this.
Aero Blaze on Steam for the time being. Busy with college most the time.

SpikeRulesHell
Templar Inner Circle

#161 Post by SpikeRulesHell »

I'd have to go with color. But hey, I'm willing to pay good money for it no matter what you decide to do. Wow, what a pointless message...

Inqusitor Shunlar
Citizen

#162 Post by Inqusitor Shunlar »

I like color, but I'm sure that it's hard to color it.

Neferdias

#163 Post by Neferdias »

Note: didn't read the other 26 pages...

Color is nice for smaller stories, ones that can be wrapped up in one or two books. Twokinds is far to vast for this. With the number of character's and backstories to cover, and the amount of plot to cover color is simply not feasable if you want to show us the real characters... at a reasonable cost.

Black and White can be just as good if you know how to do it. I have full faith in you Tom, going from color to black and white shouldn't make the comic look at all different. It just requires a bit of a style shift... as you'd be coloring with only one color.

B&W is my vote :)
"Prepare your forces well, for evil is coming..."

kerithanos

#164 Post by kerithanos »

Neferdias wrote: Color is nice for smaller stories, ones that can be wrapped up in one or two books. Twokinds is far to vast for this. With the number of character's and backstories to cover, and the amount of plot to cover color is simply not feasable if you want to show us the real characters... at a reasonable cost.
But, he's already colouring the comics as he produces them, so why would it be a problem? Unless I'm missing something painfully obvious...

I vote for colour. It adds a whole other dimension to the comic, and I think the colouring is so well done in Twokinds it would take away from the comic if it was black and white. That's just me, though.
~Kerithanos~

"I'm not useless. I make my friends feel smarter."

forantis

#165 Post by forantis »

it must be in color. :| if not the whole story would be altered into just another plain manga. this is worthy of more than that :evil: !!!!!!!