Color or Black&White?

If you want to influence the new book, make your suggestions here.

Moderator: Moderators

Tom
The Artist

Color or Black&White?

#1 Post by Tom »

Just as the title says, would you like the book to be in color or in black and white? And don't say "color" automatically, because there is a vast difference in the cost of producing a color comic, as apposed to a black and white or grayscale comic.

Basically, if you want a black&white comic, then it's going to cost a lot less. The comics may not look very nice, but you can read it without taking a chunk out of your wallet. It will also have more pages then a color comic. For a 152 page book in B&W, the cost will be about $9.99 or $12.99 per book.

Color is different, if you want it in color the cost for a 75 page book would be around $19.99. Basically, if you want a really nice looking book, you'd go for the color, but it's going to take about double out of your wallet.

Theoretically, I could format two books, but like I said, the color comic will have less actual content. (Though, in the color format, the actual book itself is larger in dimentions, so you'll have a more detailed look at the pages you do have.) The choice is yours.

MeaCulpa, S.C.M.
The Last Gunslinger

#2 Post by MeaCulpa, S.C.M. »

Black and White sounds lovely, but would it fit Twokinds well, you must ask? The entire story seems to have a vast color wheel, and alot of expression goes into it that would be lost if the color was taken away.

NOTE TO SELF: Said lovely. Too much 19th century lit. Remember to shoot grammar teacher. End note.
VERY, GOOD

Sage
He Who Makes Catgirls

#3 Post by Sage »

I wouldnt spend 20 dollars on a book that was only 75 pages, I would have to go with black and white-- but like-- ^^^ said - You might loose some information based on changing it to grey scale-- after all-- theres are times when color is the only indication that something has changed dramatically... Will Blue with Red Tips have a noticable difference once it is grey scale only?

Yash
Administrator

#4 Post by Yash »

I'd opt for black and white, but not because of the price. I am used to seeing many things drawn in black and white, including comics and manga.

Black and white would be on more familiar territory for people who often see it, such as myself.
Forum Rules.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving." - Dale Carnegie

Yoshi
Traveler

i say

#5 Post by Yoshi »

colour... simply because it brings out more depth in the characters and their surroundings. Black and white works too but my preferance is colour. I'd pay that extra 7$ for less pages.

~Yoshi~

Al
Citizen

#6 Post by Al »

There are some pluses with the black and the white and the color options. I am more apt to pick the color comic, even though it is shorter and more expensive. It would still be better and easier to tell the difference between things.

IE: Like Sage said, the blue with red tips won't really be noticable because it'll be black and white. And so much of the character of the comic will be lost. We won't know what color Flora is, ( until of course it says ) We won't know what color Trace's hair is. We won't see the color of the trees and all that. And the pallet of colors is so vast for Twokinds, it would be impossible to reproduct it in such quality in Balck and white.

I, for one, wouldn't mind paying an extra 7 bucks. It would be well worth it.
"Speak, demand, we'll answer.
Say if thoust rather hear it from our mouths or from our masters "

Barth
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Dio

#7 Post by Barth »

I would do the "Calvin and Hobbes" sorta thing, where some of the pages are in color, and some arent

Ashpool
Templar Master

#8 Post by Ashpool »

Like Al said, maybe if you could have the story comics in color and some of the extras in B&W? Although if it comes down to one or the other, I think I'd go for color because an extra 7$ isn't going to kill me and I could live without some of the bonus stuff.
Fastchapter wrote:...now the kitchen smells like summer rain and liquid poo.

Strider
Citizen

#9 Post by Strider »

Hmm, I would want colour, I don't really care if it cost a bit since the comic does relie (or however you spell it) on the colour for some bits...
Though I undersatnd where people are coming from when they say black and white will be good for the comic, since you get more and its normal for them to have it...
oh well....
Tuff choice....

#10 Post by Guest »

I prefer color.

Hybrid_Demon
Citizen

#11 Post by Hybrid_Demon »

color, definately. i mean, think about how much youed leave new fans guessing?

new fan 1: what color do you think Traces hair is?
new fan 2: pink. or blonde. probably pink.

it should be in color. color just makes a wonderful comic, even wonderfuller.
You look at me and think "insane." I look at you and think, "edible."

Empress Of The Blue Pancake Army.

#12 Post by Guest »

I reckon it should be in colour

Defender_16
Retired Grammar Nazi

#13 Post by Defender_16 »

When I read the price for a colour edition my wallet screamed, jumped up and tried to run away. :D

I kid, but that kind of price tag for 75 pages does make me stop and think weather I relly want to buy it.

Heck I got my sister a copy of Mac Hall volume whatever for about $30 (CDN) an it's 158 pages.

Sirver
Apprentice

#14 Post by Sirver »

i would prefer colour, it gives great depth to the story, like trace and flora's first kiss in the lake/river, with a blue moonlite sky......... it makes it look romantik (sp) so i would definatly pay extra for a more depth of story than black and white.
Welcome to the 21st Century, you are 10 years late.
FA

black_ip
Citizen
Location: Austria - The only kangaroos here are in the frigging zoo dang it!!

#15 Post by black_ip »

Color, cause of the loss of details and atmosphere if it's just in black and white. And well, guess most people got already used to it.