Welcome to the Temp board

If you want to influence the new book, make your suggestions here.

Moderator: Moderators

Reicheru

#61 Post by Reicheru »

If it's going to be available in England, will it be available in South Wales? If so, I'll probably end up buying it the day it gets there :wink:

MeaCulpa, S.C.M.
The Last Gunslinger

#62 Post by MeaCulpa, S.C.M. »

Teh_Frm4terer wrote:Shee, if you want to shound like Jamsh Bond, you need to put the Sean Connery voish, like sho.....

My name ish Bond, Jamsh Bond

Sean Connery Rulsh over Piersh Broshnen!!!!

Shuck it Trebec....shuck it long....shuck it hard.....
Sean's scottish, sillyhead!
VERY, GOOD

#63 Post by Guest »

Sigh, I guess I got the news of Tom making a book a little too late. You see, I became enthralled at this web comic. I have never seen anything quite like it. I have fallen in love with the story, the characters, and everything else involved with TwoKinds. The reason why I say this is that Shortly after finishing chapter 6 part 2, I started to...basically do the same thing Tom is doing now...make it in book form. I still wish to keep on writing and if Tom and the admins would give me permission, I would like to post my version of it in a separate thread. I can't believe that I didn't see this before, and I do not want to steal anyones thunder, so if I am given permission to post it, that's excellent. If not, then I will respect their opinions. If I may, I would also like to thank everyone involved in making TwoKinds the greatest web comic ever created.

lemniwinks
New Citizen

#64 Post by lemniwinks »

Anonymous wrote:Sigh, I guess I got the news of Tom making a book a little too late. You see, I became enthralled at this web comic. I have never seen anything quite like it. I have fallen in love with the story, the characters, and everything else involved with TwoKinds. The reason why I say this is that Shortly after finishing chapter 6 part 2, I started to...basically do the same thing Tom is doing now...make it in book form. I still wish to keep on writing and if Tom and the admins would give me permission, I would like to post my version of it in a separate thread. I can't believe that I didn't see this before, and I do not want to steal anyones thunder, so if I am given permission to post it, that's excellent. If not, then I will respect their opinions. If I may, I would also like to thank everyone involved in making TwoKinds the greatest web comic ever created.
Wow, I can't believe I didn't log in before posting this. Sorry about that everyone. :oops:
A good friend will bail you out of jail, no matter what the cost.
A true friend will be sitting next to you in jail saying "Man that was fun!"

#65 Post by Guest »

Teh_Frm4terer wrote:ah.....the log-troubles of a n00b.......really gets u up in the morning......

anyway.....if u want to make a book, how can u post it....?.....then it will just be a web comic.....
Log troubles indeed. I'm not really used to this type of forum format...I basically grew up using the Red vs. Blue forum but enough of that.

But to answer your question, I must first tell the story behind why I wrote it. I found out that Tom was making the TwoKinds Book well after I finished reading Chapter 6 Part 1. I stopped reading at Chapter 4 for a while and thought, "Wow, wouldn't it be great if this were in a text format?" At the time, I wasn't aware of a book being produced, so naturally, I started writing... Even though, what I have written is not even close to complete (I have finished Chapter 3 and begun very little on Chapter 4), and now I have ceased writing because just yesterday, I looked around the TwoKinds website and found out that he in fact WAS making a book.
...if you want to make a book, how can you post it....?.....then it will just be a web comic.....

Not true, a web comic needs visualizations, pictures, etc... what I have written has nothing of the sort. All it is, is the TwoKinds story in a text format, no pictures, just words. I can completely understand if there are objections, which is why I am asking permission to post what I have written in advance. It does not do good to piss off people who have been here longer than I. Nevertheless, I would like to see if my writing skills are up to par when compared against the actual, original web comic. I openly admit that I know it will not even come close to it, but I would like to see what you all think of it. (crosses fingers for permission)

By the way, rest assured, I will log in before posting anything again, I can't tell you how retarded I can be at times :)

#66 Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:
Teh_Frm4terer wrote:ah.....the log-troubles of a n00b.......really gets u up in the morning......

anyway.....if u want to make a book, how can u post it....?.....then it will just be a web comic.....
Log troubles indeed. I'm not really used to this type of forum format...I basically grew up using the Red vs. Blue forum but enough of that.

But to answer your question, I must first tell the story behind why I wrote it. I found out that Tom was making the TwoKinds Book well after I finished reading Chapter 6 Part 1. I stopped reading at Chapter 4 for a while and thought, "Wow, wouldn't it be great if this were in a text format?" At the time, I wasn't aware of a book being produced, so naturally, I started writing... Even though, what I have written is not even close to complete (I have finished Chapter 3 and begun very little on Chapter 4), and now I have ceased writing because just yesterday, I looked around the TwoKinds website and found out that he in fact WAS making a book.
...if you want to make a book, how can you post it....?.....then it will just be a web comic.....

Not true, a web comic needs visualizations, pictures, etc... what I have written has nothing of the sort. All it is, is the TwoKinds story in a text format, no pictures, just words. I can completely understand if there are objections, which is why I am asking permission to post what I have written in advance. It does not do good to piss off people who have been here longer than I. Nevertheless, I would like to see if my writing skills are up to par when compared against the actual, original web comic. I openly admit that I know it will not even come close to it, but I would like to see what you all think of it. (crosses fingers for permission)

By the way, rest assured, I will log in before posting anything again, I can't tell you how retarded I can be at times :)

Okay...now I am thoroughly confused...is there an automatic logout when you navigate too many pages?

#67 Post by Guest »

Ah, now I get it, I can't press the quote button when I want to make a reply... :oops:

lemniwinks
New Citizen

#68 Post by lemniwinks »

Teh_Frm4terer wrote:FREAKIN TRIPLE POSTING N00BS!!!!
Okay, I think I have the problem solved. I needed to turn cookies back on :oops:

Anyways, um...right.

Sage
He Who Makes Catgirls

#69 Post by Sage »

lemniwinks wrote:
Okay, I think I have the problem solved. I needed to turn cookies back on :oops:

Anyways, um...right.
What your talking about is totally illegal - you wanna turn Twokinds into a book of text-- yeah-- thats very illegal-- even if you arent planning to sell it or whatever it is EXTREAMLY illegal-- it breaks several copyright laws- and the fine for all of it would probably be a minumum of 10,000 US dollars and a max of half a million dollars...
You might wanna rethink showing that to anyone before hearing from Tom (Who will say no unless hes been drugged or brainwashed). There is no point in making Twokinds a novel-- and its up to Tom if it ever will be-- and considering he plans on releasing it as a graphic novel its a horrible idea to post any such work anywhere.

lemniwinks
New Citizen

#70 Post by lemniwinks »

Sage wrote:
lemniwinks wrote:

Anyways, um...right.
What your talking about is totally illegal - you wanna turn Twokinds into a book of text-- yeah-- thats very illegal-- even if you arent planning to sell it or whatever it is EXTREAMLY illegal-- it breaks several copyright laws- and the fine for all of it would probably be a minumum of 10,000 US dollars and a max of half a million dollars...
You might wanna rethink showing that to anyone before hearing from Tom (Who will say no unless hes been drugged or brainwashed). There is no point in making Twokinds a novel-- and its up to Tom if it ever will be-- and considering he plans on releasing it as a graphic novel its a horrible idea to post any such work anywhere.

Yes, I thought so. Doesn't hurt to ask, and in this case, saved my rear. I will destroy it immediately.

lemniwinks
New Citizen

#71 Post by lemniwinks »

Maybe if I sent it to him...but I guess I can't...god, now I wasted time for nothing. All well.

Quick Question...fan fics aren't illegal are they?

Sage
He Who Makes Catgirls

#72 Post by Sage »

lemniwinks wrote:Maybe if I sent it to him...but I guess I can't...god, now I wasted time for nothing. All well.

Quick Question...fan fics aren't illegal are they?
Actually all fan Fics and Fan Art are illegal-- they break copyright laws-- but you can get away with them without any issues- because 80% of all artists/writers 1 - wont get enough money from sueing to cover the court costs- 2 - see fan art as a gift of apreciation. Still if the art is sold or printed into a media then it begins to break more copyright laws and that is what draws legal attention.

If you do fanart submit it to Tom-- and dont sell it-- whenever you show it give credit like "Characters by Tom Fischbach, original story by Tom Fischbach, Art by me, writing by me" a mix of those as they apply-
If your wondering about how i know all this and so you dont think im spouting nonsense- i have a degree in computer science for 3D animation and art- with law classes pretaining to media (aka Copyright, patents, royalties, contracts etc) , i also personally keep up with laws as they pretain to the internet and artistic works. (So basically im the goto guy for basic legal advice in art on the twokinds board-- and i havent started charging for advice ... yet )

lemniwinks
New Citizen

#73 Post by lemniwinks »

Whoa, whoa, whoa...hold on a second. I think I see what is happening here. I have absolutely NO intention of selling/distributing/or claiming the work to be exclusively mine. That would just be absurd! This is Tom's work, all of it. Hell, we wouldn't have a web comic to enjoy if it were not for him, and I have no will to take any of his thunder (if you will excuse the crude analogy). I, basically, just converted it to text (even though it isn't even complete) for the sake of passing time, enjoying the comic all over again, and in the hopes of sharing it all to you. I have full confidence in your knowledge of laws pertaining to copyrights and all other things that co-incide with copyrighted works, I didn't try to dismiss that, nor will I. All that I was asking is permission to post what I have converted with full credit to Tom Fischbach and any others associated with the creation/production of TwoKinds. That is all I ask, I will not sell, re-distribute, copy, or claim any parts that pertain to the original TwoKinds project if that is what you are asking.

If permission is denied, then I will not post it for any reason, nor will I give a copy of any or all parts to any persons whatsoever. However, if I am given permission, all credit will be given to Tom Fischbach and/or to any parties/entities associated with TwoKinds.

Buurman

#74 Post by Buurman »

@Sage: But isn't there something like "the right to ridicule" or anything like it, which basically enables you to make a fanfic/parody/whatever of any type of material as long as you don't claim anything to be yours when it isn't (the setting, the characters whom weren't thought up by you, the local history, whatever)?

@tom: mmmm ..... this book sounds good. I will definitely pick up a copy .. if it comes out in holland that is.... ::pwetty pwease?::
Meanwhile, apart from what you have already mentioned, I can't think of much to add... nope, really can't

Sage
He Who Makes Catgirls

#75 Post by Sage »

Buurman wrote:@Sage: But isn't there something like "the right to ridicule" or anything like it, which basically enables you to make a fanfic/parody/whatever of any type of material as long as you don't claim anything to be yours when it isn't (the setting, the characters whom weren't thought up by you, the local history, whatever)?
No there isnt such a thing-- there is Parody-- but a parody has to make fun of it - like Thumb Wars, but it cant use the same names and it has to constantly make fun of it-- and going too far can cause different lawsuits for copyright infringment as well as possible slander or libel charges. Fanfics are illegal - fan art is illegal etc etc