Help with laptop power cord.

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

Tygron
Notakitty!

Help with laptop power cord.

#1 Post by Tygron »

Ok you may have seen me say this around other parts of the forum... but my laptops power cord shorted out a few weeks ago.. .i'm currently using the Wii which is irrelevent.

(note I know i'm probably suppose to run this through a spell checker... however... the Wii has none so I am sorry for any big typo's.)

My laptop is a Compaq Presario V2000, i'm pretty sure it is the cord because my dad checked it with a voltage detector. The part with the power supply (i'm guessing thats what the big black box is) is dead... no power going through what-so-ever. I noticed this happend when I went out for a walk, then played some Lasertag with my brothers... came back in and found my laptop completely shutdown. The battery is dead aswell as I tried turning it ack on.

I have looked around places already for a cord. HP sells one for around $70, stores around here sell for around $80-$100 for a universal. If you know of any place that I can get a compatible cord for cheaper then please let me know... this Wii is getting anoying quick.
[Click the sig to check out my music]
emmy wrote:It's not to prevent the suit from being stolen, but to prevent the fancy mofo in it from being stolen. :P

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

Re: Help with laptop power cord.

#2 Post by FastChapter »

$70-120 is pretty normal for a power source replacement. You probably won't find them for any less.

Tygron
Notakitty!

Re: Help with laptop power cord.

#3 Post by Tygron »

figured, although a friend told me he has one that he ought for $20... although he bought it a long time ago...

Thanks, i'll see what I can get.
[Click the sig to check out my music]
emmy wrote:It's not to prevent the suit from being stolen, but to prevent the fancy mofo in it from being stolen. :P