Photoshopping troubles?

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

Ster Zetanee
Grand Templar

Photoshopping troubles?

#1 Post by Ster Zetanee »

Has anyone every had a porblem with not having photoshop but needing to photoshop something? One of the best photoshop programs that is free, Aviary. It's web based, but it has about all the feature that photoshop elements 6 or CS 3 have.
http://aviary.com/home
Search Aviary in youtube to find some of the things people have used it to do. I hope everyone you has ever been stuck using paint to edit a picture will find this helpful. The best part is that all all the stuff they have right now is free, and they are developing like 15-20 more programs that will likely be free in the future also.
Aero Blaze on Steam for the time being. Busy with college most the time.

Aherdofgoats
Banned
Banned

Re: Photoshopping troubles?

#2 Post by Aherdofgoats »

I can get by fine with just Mspaint.

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#3 Post by FastChapter »

I suggest Gimp 2.0. It's Photoshop quality, has enough brushes and effects to toy around with to get you what you want, and it's free. Doesn't require trial periods or anything, it's just free software. Good stuff, too.

The Luigiian
Banned
Banned

#4 Post by The Luigiian »

FastChapter wrote:I suggest Gimp 2.0. It's Photoshop quality, has enough brushes and effects to toy around with to get you what you want, and it's free. Doesn't require trial periods or anything, it's just free software. Good stuff, too.
QFT. It's how I made the Jack Chick animation in my signature. Also how I made my avatar.

Alibi
Merchant

#5 Post by Alibi »

I've heard a lot about Gimp. I have yet to play with it but I will soon.

I just find it interesting how much software can be used live off the internet. I believe Microsoft is planning on releasing their next batch of office software to the internet in a similar manner (users have to pay for an account, of course) instead of installing the OS to the local HD and paying for discs.

Next-gen consoles will probably be all-download games too if I were to guess...
-Eric Avatar Awesomeness Compliments DrMcNinja.com :D

Natani x Keith Fan :D~

Yash
Administrator

#6 Post by Yash »

Off to the Tech board with you, thread.
Forum Rules.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving." - Dale Carnegie