Wii internet problem

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

Drisk Kayne
Grand Templar

Wii internet problem

#1 Post by Drisk Kayne »

Soooo, my wii has a serious problem with the internet, for whatever reason. I can search for a wireless access point, choose my SSID, input the Wep code (which it has verified as the correct one, so that isn't the problem) and test the connection, but despite the fact that when it showed my SSID from the list of available connections as having a strong connection, the connection test always brings up error codes 51331 and 51332. Does anyone here know what's going on, or have any suggestions?
"Free will is an illusion, and everyone is going to do what they are going to do. This is because before they do it, they're going to have done it, and afterwards they've already done it."

"So it goes."

SpeedFreak
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Wii internet problem

#2 Post by SpeedFreak »

Have you tried connecting to other wifi SSIDs? Also Have you tried turning the password off? I would turn the password off and see if it connects then. If it doesn't then I have no idea man
~Alex
My Explorer 4.0L V6 OHV 150HP, 220ft/lb, 5000lb 0-60-15 seconds 1/4 mile-N/A 14.3 MPG

Drisk Kayne
Grand Templar

Re: Wii internet problem

#3 Post by Drisk Kayne »

Well, I'm about 99.9% sure that the password isn't the problem, because just to see if that was it I inputed a series of random numbers that was clearly not the password, and it said that the information I put in was incorrect. And the only other wi-fi my wii can find is a very low connection to some random wi-fi somewhere, but it's so weak that my wii barely detects it and it only seems to detect it every five times I look for an access point. Thanks for the help Speedfreak, but the problem must be something else.
"Free will is an illusion, and everyone is going to do what they are going to do. This is because before they do it, they're going to have done it, and afterwards they've already done it."

"So it goes."