Skullcandy vs. Bose vs. Sony earbuds

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

SpeedFreak
Templar GrandMaster

Skullcandy vs. Bose vs. Sony earbuds

#1 Post by SpeedFreak »

Ok so I am buying earbuds in the next couple of days cause i desperately need a new pair since I hate the purple JVC Gumy pair I am using (someone stole my old sony pair thank god those were only 15 bucks) and decided i would go high quality this time. My Sony pair was amazing and I am thinking about going back to them....but I also had a Skullcandy pair for awhile and those were awesome and I have heard bose is awesome. Which would you guys go for?
~Alex
My Explorer 4.0L V6 OHV 150HP, 220ft/lb, 5000lb 0-60-15 seconds 1/4 mile-N/A 14.3 MPG

Ryusen
Grand Templar

Re: Skullcandy vs. Bose vs. Sony earbuds

#2 Post by Ryusen »

I use this pair from Philips, and they've worked very well for the 2 years I've had them. They're not ear buds -- I prefer the over-the-head style.
Man can live 30 days without food, 4 days without water, and 8 minutes without air. But man cannot live a single second without hope.

SpeedFreak
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by SpeedFreak »

Your the third person to say that. haha those look nice but when I am out and about i like to have earbuds and not headphones.

Also I personally had a bad experience with Phillips and I am trying to avoid them unless i hear good stuff about it....the Phillips earbuds my dad bought were REALLY bad....they were used for about 10 minuets and then put away as backup earbuds.
~Alex
My Explorer 4.0L V6 OHV 150HP, 220ft/lb, 5000lb 0-60-15 seconds 1/4 mile-N/A 14.3 MPG

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

#4 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

Ryusen wrote:I use this pair from Philips, and they've worked very well for the 2 years I've had them. They're not ear buds -- I prefer the over-the-head style.
Ooo, shiny.
I need a new pair, since mine broke. I might pick those up. :D Less than 40 bucks isn't too bad.

lucky
Apprentice

#5 Post by lucky »

Ear buds are less likely to cause hearing damage though and have a better sound quality in my opinion. you can also use them as hearing protection at a shooting range or around loud noises. I just hate how easily they fall out.

SpeedFreak
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by SpeedFreak »

ok so we have gone OT xD Lets get back on topic. Since I am treating myself and getting high quality earbuds what would you all go with...Skullcandy, Bose, or Sony. Only one I have never tried is the Bose and im not 100% sure if I will go for them cause of there price but I may.
~Alex

Ryusen
Grand Templar

#7 Post by Ryusen »

I've never considered Skullcandy a high-quality sound company -- try something else.

Bose, when I was looking for headphones, seemed to specialize more in sound-reduction audio than anything else. The make excellent (but very expensive) components.

Sony makes all kinds and varieties. I'm sure you could find one your looking for from them.
Man can live 30 days without food, 4 days without water, and 8 minutes without air. But man cannot live a single second without hope.

SpeedFreak
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by SpeedFreak »

When I used Skullcandy the sound was slightly better then my sony pair but they were alittle more expencive and noise canceling. I listen to pretty bassy songs so if you know a better pair for bassy songs suggest it.
~Alex

Ryusen
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Ryusen »

A quick search yields these in-ear headphones to be exactly what you're looking for (hopefully).

SpeedFreak
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by SpeedFreak »

The only problem i see is this
Music coming from the V-Moda Bass Freq earphones may be too bass-heavy for audio purists
So what I am understanding is when I go from Tupac kinda stuff to Lostprophets and Good Charlotte stuff the softer stuff will not sound as good... If that is right I may just end up getting these again. They were good earbuds but i broke my 1st pair and my 2nd pair got stolen. Any Sony suggestions since from my experience atleast they have had great sound and the lows and highs have been perfect for me.
~Alex

Ryusen
Grand Templar

#11 Post by Ryusen »

But are you an audio purist, or just a fan of heavier bass?

SpeedFreak
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by SpeedFreak »

I do like my music to sound as nice as possible. I love my music to sound as good as possible. So yea I guess I am...at the same time I love my bass....I may just buy both then :P
~Alex

enzia35
Master

#13 Post by enzia35 »

My favorite headphone company is Sennheiser. They make good products. Sure you have to pay for that quality, but good quality none the less.

epion04
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by epion04 »

Ryusen wrote:I use this pair from Philips, and they've worked very well for the 2 years I've had them. They're not ear buds -- I prefer the over-the-head style.
Dragging up this this post from the last page. Make the 4 people speed. I have the same pair and LOVE them. There is a decent amount of low end but it is not so loud as to drown out everything else. I would say they are decently balanced.

If you have crazy amounts of money to blow, the Bose Quiet Comfort series are awesome. I can't afford them but a good friend of mine has a pair and they are just plain amazing. Just be prepared to keep extra batteries handy for the Bose noise canceling sets, they do not work at all unless the batteries in them are good. (not the case with the Phillips set I have)
My avatar is the result of arting for the first time in 8 years... not bad I believe ^_^
clock.exe has preformed an illegal error, time has stopped. Please restart the universe.
I FAILED KINDERGARTEN SPELLING!!!>_<

SpeedFreak
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by SpeedFreak »

I have about 100 to spend...my aunt gave me 80 bucks and i found 20 inside one of my computers xD so yea about 100 bucks to spend
~Alex