Skullcandy vs. Bose vs. Sony earbuds

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

Re: Skullcandy vs. Bose vs. Sony earbuds

#16 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

epion04 wrote:
Ryusen wrote:I use this pair from Philips, and they've worked very well for the 2 years I've had them. They're not ear buds -- I prefer the over-the-head style.
Dragging up this this post from the last page. Make the 4 people speed. I have the same pair and LOVE them. There is a decent amount of low end but it is not so loud as to drown out everything else. I would say they are decently balanced.

If you have crazy amounts of money to blow, the Bose Quiet Comfort series are awesome. I can't afford them but a good friend of mine has a pair and they are just plain amazing. Just be prepared to keep extra batteries handy for the Bose noise canceling sets, they do not work at all unless the batteries in them are good. (not the case with the Phillips set I have)
Wait a tic.

So those cover the ear completely?
How do they feel around the neck? Awkward and choky, or is it fine? 'cause I always had mine around my neck.

enzia35
Master

#17 Post by enzia35 »

SpeedFreak wrote:I have about 100 to spend...my aunt gave me 80 bucks and i found 20 inside one of my computers xD so yea about 100 bucks to spend
Dang I wish my computer grew money, but as of right now, it eats money...

I used to have the Sennheiser pmx100, behind the head headphones. I prefer these(behind the head designs) over earbuds.

I'm sure you're looking for something compact and portable?

SpeedFreak
Templar GrandMaster

#18 Post by SpeedFreak »

enzia35 wrote:
SpeedFreak wrote:I have about 100 to spend...my aunt gave me 80 bucks and i found 20 inside one of my computers xD so yea about 100 bucks to spend
Dang I wish my computer grew money, but as of right now, it eats money...

I used to have the Sennheiser pmx100, behind the head headphones. I prefer these(behind the head designs) over earbuds.

I'm sure you're looking for something compact and portable?
Yea Compact and portable is my need....and the 20 bucks....this is the 2nd time that has happened.
~Alex
My Explorer 4.0L V6 OHV 150HP, 220ft/lb, 5000lb 0-60-15 seconds 1/4 mile-N/A 14.3 MPG

enzia35
Master

#19 Post by enzia35 »

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=7959085

I have these. Pretty decent for 15 dollars.

SpeedFreak
Templar GrandMaster

#20 Post by SpeedFreak »

enzia35 wrote:http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=7959085

I have these. Pretty decent for 15 dollars.
*distroys those earbuds* my dad has a pair like that which he was willing to give to me....I cant use those...there REALLY uncomfortable.
~Alex
My Explorer 4.0L V6 OHV 150HP, 220ft/lb, 5000lb 0-60-15 seconds 1/4 mile-N/A 14.3 MPG

enzia35
Master

#21 Post by enzia35 »

Really? I had no problem with them, but I have infinite troubles with other earbud phones without the rubber to keep it in my ear..

My suggestion then would be the PMX100 from Sennheiser. About 50 dollars, but really good quality headphones.

House
Citizen

#22 Post by House »

I just got http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/ulti ... l?tag=rnav, and I love them. They fit over and in the ear and the cable is a little short, but they work fine for me and sound great.
Yeah, I kinda died for a couple months, sorry!