Download YouTube videos

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

Ashpool
Templar Master

Re: Download YouTube videos

#16 Post by Ashpool »

For Google Chrome users, just right-click on 'Other bookmarks' and select 'Add Page...' Name it appropriately, and paste the link into the URL field. :D
Fastchapter wrote:...now the kitchen smells like summer rain and liquid poo.

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

#17 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

So... Youtube recently went widescreen.
If I download them and put them on an iPod, do they go on that in widescreen? Would they be really tiny?

EDIT: I just tried to download a video and got slammed with "Invalid Parameters."
>_>
<_<...
What's up?

aj
Consistently Inconsistent

#18 Post by aj »

FoobyKamikaze wrote:So... Youtube recently went widescreen.
If I download them and put them on an iPod, do they go on that in widescreen? Would they be really tiny?

EDIT: I just tried to download a video and got slammed with "Invalid Parameters."
>_>
<_<...
What's up?
Lemme guess... you used robbie's method? Youtube probably changed stuff on their servers, so robbie's nifty trick won't work anymore until someone finds the new code used - the method depends on certain arguments (as I'm sure you can tell), and those arguments have most probably been changed/removed/new ones added so the old way no longer works.

As for the iPod question, I have no idea. If they come down widescreen, then they should been widescreen on the iPod. I haven't watched any youtube vids lately though.
avwolf wrote:"No dating dog-girls, young man, your father is terribly allergic!"
y̸̶o͏͏ų̕ sh̡o̸̵u̶̕l̴d̵̡n̵͠'̵́͠t͜͢ ̀͜͝h̶̡àv̸e͡ ̛d̷̨͡o͏̀ne ̶͠͡t҉́h̕a̧͞t̨҉́.̵̧͞.͠͞.͟

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

#19 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

Dern.

Oh well. I mentioned it to a friend and he linked me to the video downloader program he uses. Faster than online ones, and the vids turned out pretty well on my iPod.
http://www.vdownloader.es/

Mysterious Old Guy
Templar Inner Circle

#20 Post by Mysterious Old Guy »

I use either the Firefox, downloader, or the realplayer one, they are reliable.
"What's wrong? You've only lost two Pokémon. . . Come at me! Send out your legendaries! Bring in Shuckle! Use your hyper potions! The night is still young... Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! The fun's yet to come! Hurry! Hurry!"
ImageImageImageImageImage

RobbieThe1st
Templar GrandMaster

#21 Post by RobbieThe1st »

aj wrote:
FoobyKamikaze wrote:So... Youtube recently went widescreen.

>_>
<_<...
What's up?
Lemme guess... you used robbie's method? Youtube probably changed stuff on their servers, so robbie's nifty trick won't work anymore until someone finds the new code used - the method depends on certain arguments (as I'm sure you can tell), and those arguments have most probably been changed/removed/new ones added so the old way no longer works.

As for the iPod question, I have no idea. If they come down widescreen, then they should been widescreen on the iPod. I haven't watched any youtube vids lately though.
It is currently working for me on anything I try. In case the code got messed up or something last time I posted it:

Code: Select all

javascript:window.location.href%20=%20'http://youtube.com/get_video?video_id='%20+%20swfArgs['video_id']%20+%20"&fmt=18"%20+%20"&l="%20+%20swfArgs['l']%20+%20"&sk="%20+%20swfArgs['sk']%20+%20'&fmt_map'%20+%20swfArgs['fmt_map']%20+%20'&t='%20+%20swfArgs['t'];
Always HQ or best quality.

-RobbieThe1st

etam
Apprentice

#22 Post by etam »

I'm using PyTube.

DarkMystic122

#23 Post by DarkMystic122 »

I use the firefox extension Fast Video Download and it does good for me so far.

avengedplatypus
The Local Platypus

#24 Post by avengedplatypus »

the easiest way possible
the youtube "kiss"
I hopes someone didnt already post this

http://www.kissyoutube.com/

SpeedFreak
Templar GrandMaster

#25 Post by SpeedFreak »

the firefox extention downloadhelper. you can get it to convert your videos too!
~Alex
My Explorer 4.0L V6 OHV 150HP, 220ft/lb, 5000lb 0-60-15 seconds 1/4 mile-N/A 14.3 MPG