Getting A Pen Tablet.

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

Happeh
Traveler

Getting A Pen Tablet.

#1 Post by Happeh »

I shall be getting a new pen tablet and should be drawing pretty soon. (Yay!) As I say that I havn't a slightest about pen tablets.
I have a budget of about £100 But hoping to spend only £40 as it is my first pen tablet.
Any suggestions?

*EDIT* - Forgot to mention, I havn't got the biggest desk in the world so a nice small one would be nice. But saying that my hands our HUGE (Seriously :wink: ) So It needs to be a decent size.

A.J./Kho
Grand Templar

Re: Getting A Pen Tablet.

#2 Post by A.J./Kho »

A Wacom small.

about 6x4 I think, maybe 8x6?...*sigh*
On Christmas 2009, Closing fast on New Year's Day, Kholhaus the Great came back

But who knows for how long? Not we, the faithful. We watch and wait. For the annoying noob to go away.

Demus
Templar

#3 Post by Demus »

I used to have Volito 2. Pressure sensitivity was zero and I never learned to use it properly, but it worked (And is in my opinion very, very small).
The shapeshifting cliché!

N3XUZ
Citizen

#4 Post by N3XUZ »

Hmmm, You should give the Genius MousePen 8x6 Tablet a look. I have one personally, and I'd say it's a great tablet for beginners and pros alike. It has 2000 LPI Resolution, 1024 Pressure levels, a Cordless Pen & a Wireless Scroll Mouse (sorry, copied that from the page xD), and is a nice not-too-big, not-too-small size for dirt cheap ($60 for a Wacom of the same size? Don't think so, try $200++ ). It's maybe not as incredibly well built as a Wacom, but it's still definetely worth it...

Oh, and don't let your dog chew through the cord like mine did. Sure, you can splice it back together, but then for some reason it always seems to be followed by accidentally soaking the Pen in Monster (the energy drink :P ), and cleaning that up to the point the tip doesn't stick is... difficult...