Prototype Bot-Hunter List

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#136 Post by avwolf »

Yes, significantly more clear. :)

epion04
Templar GrandMaster

#137 Post by epion04 »

Those are reasonable yes.
My avatar is the result of arting for the first time in 8 years... not bad I believe ^_^
clock.exe has preformed an illegal error, time has stopped. Please restart the universe.
I FAILED KINDERGARTEN SPELLING!!!>_<

KitWiz4687
Merchant

#138 Post by KitWiz4687 »

Now to take AvWolf's Captcha example, merge it with these forgrounds and backgrounds, and do a little masking ^_^

And here's the funny part.... I've never coded in PHP in my life and yet I'll get it done ^_^
Please click my dragons to help them grow =^-^=

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#139 Post by avwolf »

PHP's easy. It has a function to do anything, C/C++-like syntax, and pretty much steals any useful idea from other languages that the developers thought they could implement. :P

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

#140 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

I don't know how bots read those things, but it seems too easy...

Cryzbl
New Citizen

#141 Post by Cryzbl »

(sorry for rezzing, but I really want to say something about this >.<)
KitWiz4687 wrote:How about these two captcha image examples that I made?
On the other had, those are very easily deciphered by a bot. Blur it and increase the contrast. Then use your standard picture->text tools.

The only problem I cannot solve, is how a bot decides which method to use to preprocess an image so it can be more easily deciphered by a program.
Thus the ultimate captcha is just "take a random captcha generator and use that to generate the image".
Just because you have the right of free speech doesn't mean you can speak freely.

Oh, look what I made :3

Kakurady
New Citizen

#142 Post by Kakurady »

Variations are always desirable with captchas.
Multiple fonts, random distortions, and more...
Nekotoba · deviantArt profile
Kakurady Drakenar

RenaDyne
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Prototype Bot-Hunter List

#143 Post by RenaDyne »

Hey now, I'm no bot. I just failed to log on for a long time, mostly due to a lack of interest, albeit partially due to hospitalization. But thanks for the label..never been called a Bot before hah.
The methods I have developed over the last millennium are more stringent, for we must be pure in our hatred and hard of heart, body and soul. Fewer than one in every thousand survive, and I strive each day to lengthen these odds still further.
ImageImage

KitWiz4687
Merchant

Re: Prototype Bot-Hunter List

#144 Post by KitWiz4687 »

Well the lists had been generated by my custom program using filters that I coded myself, though as I look through the lists you were on the secondary list which does make mistakes but that is why it's the second list, the primary list I have even checked myself and besides one member listed out of the thousands contained in that list it is a list made up purely of real bots. I'll check the ReturnCode that is next to your name to see why it's in the list anyway.

*Edit* You turned up on the secondary list because your profile had the word "free" in it and you have less than five posts, if you post one more time you won't show up in the lists at all when I run the program next time.
Please click my dragons to help them grow =^-^=