I'm getting a new iPod.

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

#16 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

So now I'm getting torn between a Touch and the new Nano?

T_T

PRO/CON CHART, PLEASE!

epion04
Templar GrandMaster

#17 Post by epion04 »

SpeedFreak wrote:
epion04 wrote:
SpeedFreak wrote:LOL! yea im carful :P annnnnnnnnnnnd duh change it when i need to...i have a picture of my friends old eclipse and his new neon as backrounds when i need it...or a few Aston Marten DB9's...yum :P but yea that is the awesome thing about the touch :D...as long as its jailbroken...WALLPAPERS :D
He went from an eclipse to a neon? What a downgrade..

Oh well, on topic, I would say I would go for an itouch but they dont make one with enough memory at the moment. I have an 8gig 3rd gen nano, a 4 gig mini, a 20 gig ipod photo and a 20 gig classic. all loaded with different music. ( and no I didnt just waste money on all those, the mini was a Christmas gift about 5 years ago and the rest were ones people broke so I talked them into giving them to me and i fixed them>)
1st gen...200,000 miles...the motor blew up. The neon is a R/T model...so its not really a downgrade. Its epic win. Nice car. and 32GB isnt enough?
32gig would be full and I would still have tunes left over that wouldnt fit. in total i have about 50gig of music.
My avatar is the result of arting for the first time in 8 years... not bad I believe ^_^
clock.exe has preformed an illegal error, time has stopped. Please restart the universe.
I FAILED KINDERGARTEN SPELLING!!!>_<

Furrypaws
Traveler

#18 Post by Furrypaws »

FoobyKamikaze wrote:So now I'm getting torn between a Touch and the new Nano?
Get a Cowon, really. iPods are overpriced and having issues, such as crappy sound or forcing you to use iTunes.

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

#19 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

Furrypaw wrote:
FoobyKamikaze wrote:So now I'm getting torn between a Touch and the new Nano?
Get a Cowon, really. iPods are overpriced and having issues, such as crappy sound or forcing you to use iTunes.
I have no idea what a Cowon is. =\

Oh, damn, the Touch has Wifi, that's got quite a few bonus points going for it now...
16GB Nano or 8GB Touch...
Or 16GB touch...

Guh...

Ellipsis overload >_<

Furrypaws
Traveler

#20 Post by Furrypaws »

FoobyKamikaze wrote:I have no idea what a Cowon is. =\
Cowon is the brand of high quality portable media players with very good sound. Look here:http://www.cowonglobal.com/

Ryusen
Grand Templar

#21 Post by Ryusen »

I have a 30gb video, and I love it. Unless you really, really want a touch screen, shy away from the touch. I always saw that as more of a gimmick than anything else. Then again, I just play music off mine, and I'm not quite sure what else the Touch offers. The Nano wouldn't be able to hold all my songs, which is why I went with the video. And, in emergencies, it also doubles as a portable hard drive.

Just grab a iPod Video. You can get a 30Gb for $130 used/$270 new, a refurbished 60Bg for $180 new, or an 80Gb for $170 used/ $350 new. They're expensive, but mine has lasted for years without and problems.
Man can live 30 days without food, 4 days without water, and 8 minutes without air. But man cannot live a single second without hope.

SpeedFreak
Templar GrandMaster

#22 Post by SpeedFreak »

The touch is nice for moble web and video and everything. There are even apps extra for it and soon a jailbreak for the new 2nd gen touch and you will be able to get wallpapers like mine :) :P go wit hteh 16 if you can afford it but the 8 works if you only want to spend 230 :P
~Alex
My Explorer 4.0L V6 OHV 150HP, 220ft/lb, 5000lb 0-60-15 seconds 1/4 mile-N/A 14.3 MPG

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

#23 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

Alright, I was told that you need to pay to use the internet on the Touch. Any truth to that?

Furrypaws
Traveler

#24 Post by Furrypaws »

FoobyKamikaze wrote:Alright, I was told that you need to pay to use the internet on the Touch. Any truth to that?
It depends on what internet you use. If it's GPRS or EDGE, then, of course, you need to pay to your communication service provider. If you use Wi-Fi, it may be free or not, depends on the owner of the access point you want to connect.

SpeedFreak
Templar GrandMaster

#25 Post by SpeedFreak »

Furrypaws that is the IPHONE...not the iPod touch....try again...its wifi so as long as you have wifi in your house its free. just connect to your wifi connection and you have interwebs on your ipod :D
~Alex
My Explorer 4.0L V6 OHV 150HP, 220ft/lb, 5000lb 0-60-15 seconds 1/4 mile-N/A 14.3 MPG

Kinuki
Banned
Banned

#26 Post by Kinuki »

But if you're in your house, why not just use the computer?
Finally, the evil plan revealed!

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." - Stephen Colbert

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

#27 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

SpeedFreak wrote:Furrypaws that is the IPHONE...not the iPod touch....try again...its wifi so as long as you have wifi in your house its free. just connect to your wifi connection and you have interwebs on your ipod :D
And that be good news! =D

Kinuki wrote:But if you're in your house, why not just use the computer?
You should be one of the few who know my situation, Kinuki T_T

I'm probably going to stick with the iPod for now, unless someone can help me turn all the m4p's iTunes has given me into mp3's. >_>

I asked a bunch of friends at school and Touch is winning. I still don't know which I want though.

Kinuki
Banned
Banned

#28 Post by Kinuki »

Only way I know is burning them to a CD, then ripping the CD as MP3 format.

Ah, good point about the internet then. Impractical, but much more private. I'll be waiting to see if they make a touchscreen Zune.
Finally, the evil plan revealed!

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." - Stephen Colbert

Ashpool
Templar Master

#29 Post by Ashpool »

Google Requiem. It's a DRM remover for iTunes music. Although I think iTunes 8 breaks it, it's out there if you have a prior version.
Fastchapter wrote:...now the kitchen smells like summer rain and liquid poo.

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

#30 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

Delusional Kangaroo wrote:Google Requiem. It's a DRM remover for iTunes music. Although I think iTunes 8 breaks it, it's out there if you have a prior version.
( _ _)