I'm getting a new iPod.

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

#46 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

UPDATE:
After a surge of new music, I'm thinking about holding out for a 32GB iTouch. That, or drop that altogether and just go for the $250 classic that holds 120GB.

Yay, tough decisions. Again. ( _ _)

aj
Consistently Inconsistent

#47 Post by aj »

Alternatively, you could choose some music and swap every week or so. That allows you to get a smaller Touch, which is of course cheaper.

I would personally go with the 120GB. I use an MP3 player in situations where having a hard drive player isn't a problem (just walking around & taking buses to school generally), so capacity becomes more important than durability.
avwolf wrote:"No dating dog-girls, young man, your father is terribly allergic!"
y̸̶o͏͏ų̕ sh̡o̸̵u̶̕l̴d̵̡n̵͠'̵́͠t͜͢ ̀͜͝h̶̡àv̸e͡ ̛d̷̨͡o͏̀ne ̶͠͡t҉́h̕a̧͞t̨҉́.̵̧͞.͠͞.͟

SpeedFreak
Templar GrandMaster

#48 Post by SpeedFreak »

FoobyKamikaze wrote:UPDATE:
After a surge of new music, I'm thinking about holding out for a 32GB iTouch. That, or drop that altogether and just go for the $250 classic that holds 120GB.

Yay, tough decisions. Again. ( _ _)
Classic:
Pro:
Space
it can be used as an external hard drive
IF you know what you are doing it IS user upgradable
YOU CAN USE WINAMP! WOO
Con:
Hard drive....so it can be broken by droping it...i should know...i broke my 60GB by dropping it...the only thing that saved it was my best buy warrenty.
Screen is tiny for videos
No WiFi (if that bothers you)

Touch:
Pro:
UI is amazing
Apps
Web
Jailbreak for more apps soon
Cons:
Limited space
Non user upgradable
SMUGES! (thats what you get with a touch screen)
no Disk Mode...cant be used as an external hard drive.
Can't use WinAmp on 2nd gen touches (iTunes is what you were prob gonna use anywho)

That is all I can think of right now.
~Alex
My Explorer 4.0L V6 OHV 150HP, 220ft/lb, 5000lb 0-60-15 seconds 1/4 mile-N/A 14.3 MPG

Masterofdisaster
Apprentice

#49 Post by Masterofdisaster »

I would do the classic it holds more songs you just have to be careful with it.
There is no reason as to why there is just to do and die. Remember that saying.

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

Re: I'm getting a new iPod.

#50 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

The weeks have passed, and I have finally saved up nearly enough money! I plan on being able to order my new iPod Touch next week. Just one final random question.

Apparently, I can get two lines of engraving on it.
http://store.apple.com/us/engrave/MB531 ... MTcyODA4Mw

Anyone have any ideas as to what I should put on it? ^^

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

#51 Post by Tuna »

This may be ridiculously practical, but maybe your address and phone number, in case you lose it?
<<;

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#52 Post by avwolf »

"Rave Kitty Raves"
;)

Sorry, I'll try to be more productive in the future. Hrm...

SpeedFreak
Templar GrandMaster

#53 Post by SpeedFreak »

This is the Funnest iPod ever
Steve Jobs

XD I love how he said that.

Tuna I think is right though. Your number and address or name and number would be a smart idea.

Also just a word of warning i think the engraving delays the shipment by alittle bit but if you dont care go for it. Also one other point...I would get mine at somewhere other then apple...Best Buy is where i got mine and there warrenty is great...it breaks, you bring it in, they swap it right on the spot...but your gonna have to save alittle more. If you don't care about a warrenty then go with the apple store. You get a free one year warrenty with them too witch is really nice. Now I would extend it just in case unless you are REALLY careful with your ipod. Also get a case...they scratch ez and then it gets annoying to look at...unless you give it the brushed steel look like I did with my 60GB Video and like what I will be doing with my touch.
~Alex
My Explorer 4.0L V6 OHV 150HP, 220ft/lb, 5000lb 0-60-15 seconds 1/4 mile-N/A 14.3 MPG

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

#54 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

How much is a BestBuy warranty? That might delay purchase...
Unless I collect the money my brothers owe me.

SpeedFreak
Templar GrandMaster

#55 Post by SpeedFreak »

FoobyKamikaze wrote:How much is a BestBuy warranty? That might delay purchase...
Unless I collect the money my brothers owe me.
Depends on how long you want...I think there max is 2 years for 50. I would call them and quickly ask. They will know
~Alex

SpikeRulesHell
Templar Inner Circle

#56 Post by SpikeRulesHell »

PINK!!! GET THE PINK ONE!!! NAAAUUUUOOOOWWWWWGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I'd personally go for a Zune, though. They're just simpler. Unless you have a Mac...

Wynni
Forum Momma

#57 Post by Wynni »

Being a wisecracker?

My ipod, No touchies
and then name n number

I had a really good one last night, but then the baby exploded, and I forgot.
Diaper disasters do that.
Image Wielder of the Wooden Spoon. Boogeymen and Slendermen everywhere beware.
ImageImage

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

Re:

#58 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

avwolf wrote:"Rave Kitty Raves"
;)

Sorry, I'll try to be more productive in the future. Hrm...
Naw naw, I was personally hoping for less practical answers. ^^

Of course, I could just combine that with this:
Tuna wrote:This may be ridiculously practical, but maybe your address and phone number, in case you lose it?
<<;
Just put the phone number on one line, drop the address (which can be given over the phone), and have Av's message on the other line. XD

SpeedFreak wrote:Also just a word of warning i think the engraving delays the shipment by alittle bit but if you dont care go for it. Also one other point...I would get mine at somewhere other then apple...Best Buy is where i got mine and there warrenty is great...it breaks, you bring it in, they swap it right on the spot...but your gonna have to save alittle more. If you don't care about a warrenty then go with the apple store. You get a free one year warrenty with them too witch is really nice. Now I would extend it just in case unless you are REALLY careful with your ipod. Also get a case...they scratch ez and then it gets annoying to look at...unless you give it the brushed steel look like I did with my 60GB Video and like what I will be doing with my touch.
I'm really careful with my electronics, and I planned on getting a case to begin with. I'll prolly stick with the free one-year warranty. Mehbeh extend. I'll see.

SpikeRulesHell wrote:I'd personally go for a Zune, though. They're just simpler. Unless you have a Mac...
v---*points*---v
FoobyKamikaze wrote:I've already got an iTunes going with about 900 songs (over half of it is video game music <___<), so I'm really leaning towards an iPod right now. I've already gotten used to it, and I'm more acquainted with it, so I don't think I'm going to go down the Zune path.

Wynni wrote:I had a really good one last night, but then the baby exploded, and I forgot.
Diaper disasters do that.
Dern baybehs. D:
Maybe you'll remember later. ^_^;

enzia35
Master

#59 Post by enzia35 »

Merely looking at Ipods will scratch them horrendously.

SpeedFreak
Templar GrandMaster

#60 Post by SpeedFreak »

enzia35 wrote:Merely looking at Ipods will scratch them horrendously.
Sad thing is your right...your eyes scratch it

Fooby if you want to save some money buy a refrubished 1st gen since those are jailbreakable..the 2nd gen's still are not jailbreakable but if that does not bug you to much then go for it. The speaker is nice...i love how it makes some noise to unlocking and getting a email compared to my touch with is a little *beep* lol
~Alex