Mouse & Trackpad Sensitivity

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

Dalenger

Mouse & Trackpad Sensitivity

#1 Post by Dalenger »

Dear Nerds,

Windows 10 here. I recently dished out some serious $$$ to buy a razer mouse (which all in all I've been "meh" about, but anyways) and have found the sensitivity out of the roof. However, I find I can't just turn down the mouse sensitivity from the control panel, as that also turns down my trackpad sensitivity to an unacceptably low level. I can't find any trackpad or mouse specific sensitivity control. Am I looking in the wrong place? Is there some software out there to do that? Am I doomed?

Thank you in advance.

~Dalenger :heart:

Myperson54
The Imagineer

Re: Mouse & Trackpad Sensitivity

#2 Post by Myperson54 »

I've never used a Razer product before, but if it's anything like other gaming mouse manufacturers, their settings tool should affect just your mouse and not your trackpad.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Samantaz
Master

#3 Post by Samantaz »

Have you also installed the right drivers ?
I'm not saying that i'm Batman, But nobody saw Batman and me together.

Furcode : FCF3a A C- D+++ H++ P- R- T++ W-- Sf- RLTI a- cl++ e++ f- h** iw+++ j- p-- sm-
Awesome avatar by Kiabugboy

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by avwolf »

Depending on your mouse, it might also have a built-in DPI control on the mouse itself. I haven't run a Razer mouse personally, but the other gaming mice I've used have little +/- buttons on the mice which adjust their DPI (this is so that you can quickly and easily adjust mouse sensitivity for different games and potentially in different games for different situations). You didn't link us which Razer mouse you're running, so without looking at their whole product line, I don't know if we can say whether or not the mouse has a DPI control on it, but I'd look for that if I were you.

willy212541452

#5 Post by willy212541452 »

Touchpad sensitivity refers to how much finger pressure must be applied before the pad responds. Touchpad sensitivity can be adjusted up or down to make the pad more sensitive or less sensitive to the touch. Most mobile computers have a touchpad built into the wrist wrest.
Last edited by Hayate on Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing links to third party sites

Hayate
The Hidden User

#6 Post by Hayate »

willy212541452 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:38 pm Touchpad sensitivity refers to how much finger pressure must be applied before the pad responds. Touchpad sensitivity can be adjusted up or down to make the pad more sensitive or less sensitive to the touch. Most mobile computers have a touchpad built into the wrist wrest.
Please avoid necroposting on very old, inactive threads like this one. Do not include links to third party sites.
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--