Vegas Pro 9.0 Woes

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

HugMePlz
Apprentice

Vegas Pro 9.0 Woes

#1 Post by HugMePlz »

So recently, I downgraded from Vegas Pro 13.0 to Vegas 9.0 (for simplistic reasons), and now I cannot open up Vegas Pro. I followed every single instruction everywhere, which included deleting some files, and now this:
Please help!

i lurk

Myperson54
The Imagineer

Re: Vegas Pro 9.0 Woes

#2 Post by Myperson54 »

Vegas is trying to access memory that either doesn't exist or it can't use. I'd reinstall it completely, since the downgrade likely gave you an imperfect installation.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

HugMePlz
Apprentice

#3 Post by HugMePlz »

Myperson54 wrote:Vegas is trying to access memory that either doesn't exist or it can't use. I'd reinstall it completely, since the downgrade likely gave you an imperfect installation.
I already reinstalled it zillion times.

Not working.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiWH1l366_U[/video]

i lurk

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#4 Post by Myperson54 »

Are you using the right version? e.g. A 32-bit or 64-bit version on a 64-bit computer, or a 32-bit version on a 32-bit computer?

I fear that you might be using a 64-bit program on a 32-bit computer, although that would normally return a different error.

EDIT: Also, when do you get this error? Do you get it upon startup, or under a more specific set of conditions?

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

puredeathly
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#5 Post by puredeathly »

After uninstalling the newer version check that it left nothing behind in the registry or program files that could confuse the old version.
Also try to reboot after each major step (don't laugh at me but this helped several times while I was using windows as my daily driver... :P ).
The last thing that comes into my mind (very unlikely) is that your RAM could be defective. If you have some spare time make your self a bootable memtest media and let it run a few hours to see if your RAM is OK.

HugMePlz
Apprentice

#6 Post by HugMePlz »

Gonna uninstall Vegas Pro 9.0 and reupgrade to Vegas Pro 13.0 to see if I can fix it.

EDIT: No longer gettin that error message, now getting this error message:

i lurk